Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Milind Thanekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Milind ThanekarYour feedback matters!
Me ko thyroid hai me thyronorm 50 mcg leti hun. But mra wait 10 months me 10kg badh gaya hai. Or gale me dard hai. Hair fall bht ho raha hai.
One of the doctor say high uric acid and high protein causes hairfall. Is it true? On the other side, in this app doctors say to intake protein and vitamin e to stop hairfall. What should I do?
I am 23 female. I am having hypothyroid. I am taking tablets. My face was little bulge and i am having little over sleepy. How to avoid this? please help me.
Gestational diabetes is also known as Gestational Diabetes Mellitus(GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a rise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of the health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful to both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal. Potential risks of gestational diabetes in pregnancy include:
My wife thyroid profile as follows. Her age is 43 and wt. 63kgs. T3 total 1. 2 ng/ml 0. 7_1. 6 t4 total 7. 1 ug/dl 4. 2-12 tsh 9. 7 mlu/ml 0. 5_6. 0 result pertain to sample tested. Kindly suggest remedy/ medicine. How many days medicins to be taken. Not yet started any medicine. (she is getting shoulder pain)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a common condition to affect women. This is a hormonal issue that is also one of the most common causes of infertility. As a result of PCOS, the ovaries may be bigger than normal. These may have a number of tiny cysts that do not allow eggs to mature. The two main ways PCOS can interfere with fertility are:
Differences in Hormone Levels
The main different types of hormones in the reproductive system are estrogen and androgens. Typically, androgens are converted to estrogen in the case of women. An excessive amount of androgen hormones can lead to the development of male characteristics and traits. Some of the examples of such traits are increased facial hair and body hair. As a result of PCOS, the level of androgen may increase in comparison to estrogen and hence cause infertility.
Healthy ovaries will release an egg every month. This process is known as ovulation. However, in the case of PCOS, a high level of androgens can interfere with the regular release of eggs from the ovaries. Thus, many women who suffer from PCOS experience have irregular menstrual periods. If the egg is not released in time, it cannot be fertilized by sperm and hence conception cannot occur.
The good news is that a diagnosis of PCOS does not imply that a woman can never become a mother. Fertility treatment for PCOS has a very high success rate. Doctors who can help treat PCOS and infertility are known as fertility specialists. Some of the methods used to treat infertility caused by PCOS are:
- Medication to help regulate Menstrual Periods: Birth control medication not only prevents unwanted pregnancies but can also help regulate menstruation. These pills contain estrogen and progestin that can reduce the androgen levels in a woman’s body. By regulating menstruation, an egg will be released at the opportune time so as to allow them to be fertilized by sperm. In addition, medication may also be prescribed to help a woman ovulate.
- Lifestyle Changes: Making a few lifestyle changes can also help increase the chances of conception. For example, weight gain is one of the effects of PCOS. However, controlling your weight and reducing it can help normalize hormone levels. This, in turn, can help regulate menstruation and aid in conception. Some of the ways to achieve this are by exercising regularly, eating a healthy, balanced diet and finding effective ways to deal with stress. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!