Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Milind Bapu DhaleYour feedback matters!
A stressful event like speaking in public, going to a job interview can give you butterflies in your stomach that may literally make you want to run to the bathroom. Stress affects every aspect of our lives including digestion. This includes indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. When put in a stressful situation, the body releases hormones known as corticotropin-releasing hormone or CRH. This, in turn, signals the adrenal gland to pump out adrenaline and steroids that help with the body's flight or fight response. Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.
- Stress kills appetite: Stress eating is a real problem that results from the contradictory reactions of hormones. The hormones released by stress kill a person's appetite, but at the same time, the steroids released by these hormones make the person crave unhealthy foods like ice-cream, chocolate or potato chips. These foods aren't easy to digest and can cause indigestion, gas buildup and heart burn.
- Stress leads to ulcers: Ulcers are caused by bacteria, but stress strengthens the infection and disturbs the balance of hydrochloric acid and protective secretions in the stomach. This increases the risk of ulcer formation in the stomach. Once the ulcers are present in the stomach, stress can worsen the symptoms.
- Stress alters the gastrointestinal pathophysiology: Stress can cause changes in gastrointestinal secretions and reduce the amount of oxygen available to the digestive system. It also impairs gastroduodenal motility and amount of enzymes being secreted by the pancreas. Additionally, it interferes with the passage of food through the intestinal tract and alters colonic motility. Stress also affects the absorption of nutrients from the stomach and increases the blood flow to the digestive system by four times the normal amount thus decreasing metabolism rates.
- Stress affects irritable bowel syndrome: Stress in itself does not cause irritable bowel syndrome but can worsen the situation. This is because stress can make the colon contract and cause abdominal pain. These contractions are usually uncoordinated and can lead to constipation. It also makes the body more sensitive to pain thus increasing discomfort.
- Stress lowers immunity: A large part of the immune system is housed in the gut. Stress reduces the secretion of enzymes in the gut and leaves the digestive system vulnerable to bacterial infections. By weakening the immune system in the gut, stress also increases the risk of suffering from infections in other parts of the body.
He has problem of same acts like bavasir. He is always feel pressure but potty is not come for continuous 2-3 days. It is regular practice. My son age is 2 yrs. Pls advise by pedestrian.
34 yrs,height 5.4and wt 66kg, i am having PCOD trying for baby.Currently im on clomid this previously on 50mg dec2014) i had anovulatory cycle so doc increased to 100mg.Currently in the jan and feb i had ovulation but in the current cycle there is no egg at 13th day follicle monitoring.Am i resistant to clomid 100mg should i increase clomid or switch to other therapy.
While romance iits ok as spoon as he ggets entered in vagina he ejaculates! He has history of masturbation 4times a week.
Hello all doctors how are you all .I have asthmatic allergy from sand and pollution. Can you tell me some medicine?
My problem is headache. My head is pain from one sided. If going to outside from room in winter then crossing air of head and start to. Pain.
How do digest food? I can not digest my food properly so what should I do for digestion it also create gas inside.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am having erectile dysfunction while having sex. actually my penis skin is tight and head of my penis is very sensitive, it pains a lot while having sex. Can you please help me out on this.Please tell.
Hey I have a bad habit of masturbation n my penis is getting things. How should I increase size of my penis?
Hi doctor, I am having swelling on my face every morning when I get up and it reduces as the day passes. I have got the thyroid test done but its negative. What can be the other reasons? please help.
Turmeric powder mixed in buttermilk or plain water taken internally helps to reduce chronic diarrhea and prevents flatulence