Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Milan DongreYour feedback matters!
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.
These days a life without a smartphone seems impossible. It has created a world of constant involvement for each of us .We all admit to the fact that we use our smartphones throughout the day from early in the morning till bedtime to ingest information.
This revolutionary device has substituted many traditional alternatives such as night watches, alarm clocks, calendars, flashlights, nightstand books, etc. Hence, most of us leave our smartphones to charge at night, right beside us on bed, for ease of accessibility. A time even when we donot accept to stay away from it. But this is not advisable for many reasons.
Reasons not to sleep with your smartphones on the bed
Substantially less sleep
Studies show that our constant need and ability to stay connected creates stresses of its own. These studies provide evidence to show that the radiation smartphones emit affects the quality of our sleep.
Let?s read through the various reasons why smartphones could adversely affect our quality of sleep.
Smartphones emit a certain type of ?Blue Light?, which is known to significantly affect the production and effectiveness of the sleep inducing human hormone called Melatonin.
This may be because blue light emits wavelengths similar to daylight, which can make our bodies think its daytime, at any time.
Much like standard light bulbs or fluorescent strips, mobile LED lights too aggravates the production of sleep producing Melatonin and stimulates the pigments called melanopsin within the cells in the retina, passing on signals to the brain.
Even a pulse of light lasting for as less as 0.12 seconds could delay the body clock and trigger the body into an alert mode thereby affecting the relaxation needed for Sleep.
Better yet, keep your smartphone in another room while you slumber. Radiations interfere with our body?s ability to repair itself from any damage suffered throughout the day.
Increase in irritability and stress
Anything that disrupts the quality of our sleep impacts our attentiveness and irritability in the short and long term. In fact, sleeping with smartphones is especially bad for kids and teenagers who typically need more sleep than adults, (and who statistically sleep with their phones close to their heads more than adults). It can cause mood and personality changes, ADHD-like symptoms, and depression in kids.
Chances of a fatal fire
A teen in Texas woke up, choking with the burning smell. Her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone was on fire, which was tucked beneath her pillow. The culprit was the non-Samsung phone battery, the phone?s manual made it very clear that using of incompatible phone battery and chargers can be risky. Therefore, the moral of the story is better to stick with phone accessories from the original manufacturer and never keep your phone under your pillow or thick materials.
The health risks of cell phones
There?s been no research that verifies cell phone use source cancer; in fact, the relations to any kind of health risk aren?t yet clear. In general, cell phones are said to emit such small doses of electromagnetic radiation?which is also emitted from X-rays and microwaves and can lead to tumour growth. Still, the World Health Organization warned in 2011 that usage may be possibly carcinogenic to humans, especially in children, whose scalps and skulls are thinner than adults?, and more vulnerable to radiation emitted by smartphones. So if you?re at all worried about the possible cancer risk, try to text instead of call, hold the phone away from your ear, or use an earpiece or the speakerphone setting as much as possible?and definitely don?t sleep with the phone next to your head.
A sabotaged Sex life
A loved one is definitely more cuddly and sexy than a smartphone. Nevertheless the current wave of cell phone obsession has severely affected the sexual elements of a relationship. A recent survey reveals that a whopping 72% Americans keep their cell phones within 5 feet of their bed and keep checking for any updates, even in the midst of a Sexual Intercourse.
Some mandatory Precautions to be taken
Most experts around the globe have repeatedly highlighted the importance of constraining ourselves for over-usage of smartphones, especially during bed-time. Not only does the practice help in better sleep quality but also keeps the body away from radiations, at least during the night time.
Limit the number of calls you make before sleep.
Limit the length of your calls soon before bed time.
Use hands-free devices (wired cell phone headsets or wireless ones like Bluetooth) , in case a bed time call is absolutely unavoidable.
If you are not using a hands-free device, put the cell on ?speaker phone? or hold the phone away from your ear.
If you have a habit of listening to music or playing games on the mobile phone during leisurely night time, put your phone on ?airplane mode? when possible. Airplane mode means email, Internet, and phone can?t be used, but you can listen to music or play games on the phone.
Prefer messaging, instead of talking, before going to sleep.
Go over these guidelines with your children and limit their cell phone use during sleep time.
No doubt, the matter of sleeping with our smartphones is part of a larger issue we face as a society by being engaged to all our devices 24/7. But, productive sleep in particular is important in helping our bodies recover from the stresses of the day. Being concerned and checking our phones before and during sleep, along with the fact that phones emit radiation, means that attaining a state of deep sleep is difficult. Henceforth, little by little, we should make a conscious effort to limit the negative effects of sleeping close to our phones every night.
Mam /sir her period was not stop before 5 to 7 days ago her periods was stop and she is suffering from fever and her platelets was 40000 only we admit her but the bleeding is continually going on they did not stop so please tell me what is that it is serious or not.
I m 30 years old. Dr. mere 3 bety hain with mejor Opp. Jiske baad se mujhe bht zyada hi kamar ghutne aur poori body me bht jyada ain rahta h, Dr. mujhe bht zyada weekness thakan aur haffan mahsoos hoti h, Dr. mere hath aur pair bht hi jaldi soon ho jate hain jaise sooiyan chubh rahin hain, Dr. mera pet bhi nikalta ja raha jo kisi bhi tateeke se kamnhi hota, iske rahte mujhe uthte baithte bht kahli rahti h. Dr. please tell me somthing effective. Please
Infertility is when a female is not able to conceive for almost a year when not using contraception or is not able to carry the pregnancy through to term. With changing lifestyles, the incidence of infertility is on the rise. It is due to a combination of factors including lifestyle changes, improper diet habits, genetics, a healthy relationship, and of course all leading to body imbalances.
Ayurveda believes that infertility is caused by lack of “shukra dhatu” which is basically the reproductive tissue. A healthy semen, healthy ovum, and healthy uterus are essential for a healthy pregnancy. This shukra dhatu is the 7th element and is formed by a sequence of reactions between other 6 dhatus. The entire chain reaction must be healthy to achieve a healthy shukra dhatu, the 7th element. While Bringhana types of foods nourish all the dhatus, the Vrishya types of foods enhance the shukra dhatu per se.
Addressing diet, therapies, and lifestyle changes using a combination of measures is necessary to ensure healthy dhatus are formed, leading to healthy pregnancy.
- Swedanam: This is a form of therapy where there is the use of heavy blankets and some exercises. The idea is to get the patient to sweat out the toxins, and once the toxins are out of the system, fertility is ensured.
- Vamanam: This is a detox system, where vomiting is induced to get the undigested food and toxins out of the body.
- Basti: This involves giving an enema to the person rectally, with the result of achieving cleaner sperms and eggs which are essential for healthy pregnancy.
- Shirodhara: Using medicated herbal oils where they are moved over the forehead at specific points in a rhythmic manner helps in body mind balancing. It stimulates the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and pineal glands which play a significant role in secreting adequate amounts of hormones essential for pregnancy. FSH is essential for the release of the egg, where the process of fertility begins.
- Gokshura: This is useful in women with polycystic ovaries, where it stimulates the ovaries and is effective in promoting conception.
- Shatavari: This is useful in regulating menstruation and is also useful in women with polycystic ovaries, who generally have a problem conceiving. It nourishes and cleanses the female reproductive organs and restores hormonal balances which are essential for conception and pregnancy.
Lodhra boosts the amount of pregnancy hormones in circulation (FSH and LH). In women who have had repeated miscarriages, giving this a couple of months in advance can help in preventing miscarriages or abortions.
In addition to these, a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise minus alcohol and smoking leads to overall health, which is very helpful in conception and pregnancy.