Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meeta Patil
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta PatilYour feedback matters!
What are the steps to be taken to reduce the effect of Smoking? Can pranayama reduce the effect of smoking?
My wife is 55 suffering from Thyroid and diabetes. Menopause period is over and lost interest in sex and having lack of sleep. Past 3 months she is complaining for headache and throat infection.
I am 19 Yrs old and I have lost my all interests and I feel loneliness everywhere, I irritate in every small talk. What should I do to get rid?
Pet me bahot dard hai sir. Tatti karne baithte to lagta hoga hi nhi lekin fir bhi hum apni taqat se kar lete hai. Koi dawa hai aaplog k paas to bataiye.
Iam in 12th week of pregnancy and had a cesarian in my first pregnancy. Is it safe to use mtp kit to abort the child.
I can't have long lasting erection. I can have sex only one minute. How to increase the duration of sex?
I am 21 years old, Male, My test results for Thyroid as follows: FT3 - 3.25 (1.4 - 4.4) FT4 - 1.18 (0.7 - 2.0) TSH - 4.9 (0.27 - 5.5) T3 - 168 (80 - 200) T4 - 8.2 (5.1 - 14.1) ANTI - TPO - 39.0 (less than 50.0) THYROGLOBULIN Abs - 108 (0 - 115) I gave blood sample before eating breakfast, I have symptoms like Anxiety, Irregular Heart beat, Frequent Bowel movements, Skin problems, Vision problems, Headaches, Difficulty in focusing, Difficulty in sleeping (sometimes wake up at 2pm, or 4pm with shortness of breathing), Fever, Confusion, Tired, Muscle Weakness, Irritation, What should I have to do?
I am 54 years old female and having diabetes from last 20 years fasting 250 above and P. P 350 always also I'm taking insulin human mixtard 36 24 but controlling.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
- Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
- Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
- Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. High blood pressure is defined differently in different age groups. It is not always 120/80.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal body mass index of 18-25, should be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.