Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta AhujaYour feedback matters!
I got married a month ago. My first periods assured 5 days late and before periods (almost 5 days before) I had severe pain in my body. This time also I am not having my periods yet but my full body is paining allot. Whats the reason behind this?
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.
I am pregnant and I have a baby of one year. Now I want to stop breast feeding but what to do if I get pain in breast after stop feeding.
I'm 21 years old girl. Have an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 23-24 of April, 2016 I didn't take any contraceptive pills. Now i'm so worried about being getting pregnant. My periods are always regular and comes in proper gap of 25-26 days but this month my periods comes 5 days late than a expected date on 9 May, 2016 with less bleeding than usual periods i'm very much confuse that it is periods or implantation bleeding. I'm feeling very uncomfortable these days having backpain, heart pain pain, breast tenderness-soreness-nipples tingles, constipation and headache. On 21 May, 2016 I take an home pregnancy test with Preganews but its comes negative. Then on 29 May, 2016 i'll take an home pregnancy test again with Preganews with early morning sample of urine again its come negative i'm so worried. Plzz help me plzz i'm unmarried I take take any risk about pregnancy. I'm very much confuse that i'm pregnant or not coz test are negative but my body symptoms makes me sad.
1. Quit smoking
2. Keep cholesterol levels under control
3. Avoid saturated and trans fat
4. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits
5. Limit sodium intake
6. Exercise regularly
7. Limit alcohol intake
8. Maintain a healthy weight
9. Keep diabetes and hypertension under control
10. Avoid self medications
What is hashimoto thyroid? Is it different from thyroid? With hashimoto thyroid one can conceive or not, is it difficult?
I am 22 year old and in a healthy long distance relationship. I met my boyfriend after a long time and had protected sex for 5 times and unprotected once in 2 days, le 18th and 19th march. I had my last period on 10th feb. Although they are usually irregular, I was expecting them by 15th March. I have severe burning sensation in my vagina every time I pee. I have following three concerns: 1. Has the period been delayed further because of excessive sex? If so, what should I do to make them normal? Or you have any other theory and treatment? 2. Is it normal to have that burning sensation even days after the act? 3. I should not have any chances of pregnancy as he pulled out during the unprotected sex. Comment?
Mam I am 30 planning for baby so what is the perfect time to conceive my date is 8/7/2017 it means today is my second day. So suggest me for further.
My sister has pcos problem. She treats from gyno Doctor in two times. But her problem hasn't gone. She takes medicine then her periods comes out otherwise not. So what she do?
Me and my gf were making out in shower not having intercourse. I ejaculated on her stomach she felt my sperm touches her vagina. To be sure she took a morning after pill within an hour. Can she get pregnant as we did not had sex .please help. Thankyou.
During the first two or three days after delivery, thick and yellowish fluid is secreted from the mammary gland. This differs from the regular milk and is called colostrum. It is secreted in small quantity of about 10 to 40 ml.
- It is rich in protein.
- The total fat content of colostrum is less than mature milk.
- It has more amount of vitamin a and k.
- The concentration of lactose is also less.
- The levels of niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin and riboflavin are also low.
- Vitamin c is secreted at about the same level as in mature milk.
- Zinc content of colostrum is 20 mg/dl.
- Where as mature milk has 2.6 mg/dl.
The composition of colostrum is:
- Energy: 58 kcal
- Fat: 2.9 gm
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Phosphorus: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.09 mg
- Protein: 2.7 gm
- Lactose: 5.3 gm
- Carotene: 186 i. U.
- Vitamin: 296 a. I. U.
Physical intimacy between partners is one aspect, which is of utmost importance, therefore we need to focus on things which can boost it. Sexual health is as important as your overall physical and mental health. Just as how your heart health is impacted by what you eat, nutrition also plays an important role in your sexual health. A number of sexual health problems can, in fact, be remedied by simply eating right.
Here are a few types of food that can help enhance your sexual health.
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Some fats such as Omega 3 Fatty acids are essential for your health. Such foods improve blood circulation and neurological functioning thereby aiding in improving sexual function. Foods rich in Omega 3 Faty acids include soybean oil, tuna or trout fish, walnuts and almonds.
- Foods that help you maintain your weight: Your weight plays an important role in self-image and libido. In many cases of obesity, losing weight has a direct impact on increasing libido and sexual functioning. Hence, food that is rich in fibre and low in fat content such as whole grains and leafy vegetables should be a part of your daily diet.
- Food that increases fertility: Vitamin C is essential for fertility, especially for men. It also helps increase the production of happy hormones and thus elevates moods. Thus increasing your vitamin C intake can help treat fertility problems. Fruits such as grapefruits, oranges and lemons are rich sources of vitamin C. Folic acid also plays an important role in increasing fertility. It improves sperm quality and reduces the pregnancy risks. Some foods that are rich in folic acid are broccoli, peas, lettuce. Beets and all kinds of nuts.
- Foods that increase sex drive: Apples are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that stimulate blood flow to the genital area and aid in arousal. They also contain chemicals that increase lubricant production and hence make intercourse more enjoyable. Similarly, berries like strawberries and cherries and watermelons improve blood circulation and are a rich source of phytochemicals that enhance a person’s sex drive.
- Foods that increase sperm production: Zinc is one of the key nutrients involved in sperm production. Low levels of zinc can also affect a woman’s libido. Hence eating foods rich in zinc such as sesame seeds, whole grain bread, green leafy vegetables and brown rice can help boost libido and sperm production. One of the main reasons oysters are considered such a powerful aphrodisiac is because they are considered to be one of the richest sources of zinc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.