Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Medha KawadeYour feedback matters!
My brother is suffering from neck pain and some times back pain also it continues for 2-3 days and there after it gets treated automatically and he suffers usually once in month on regular basis. Age 17 yrs and weight-49 kg.
Are injections of any help in advanced joints pain? she does not want to go in for an operation. Also pls let me know of any alternatives.
Hey Dr. My mom is about 50 years and she is suffering from severe pain in her ryt hip upper part. Can I get any medicine or cream lotion ointment or any home remedy..
Uncontrollable division of cells present in the tissue leads to the formation of a lump or mass of tissue. This mass of tissue is known as a tumor and when this condition is diagnosed in the bones of a human body, it is known as bone tumor. Most bone tumors are non-cancerous (benign) and cannot grow. However, it is still possible that the bones could be weakened and the condition could result in fractures and other such problems. The tumor replaces the normal and healthy tissue.
It is observed that cases of malignant bone tumors are much less as compared to benign tumors. Some examples of benign bone tumours include:
1. Giant Cell tumor: In this condition, the tumor affects the legs
2. Osteochondroma: This form is most common among teenagers
3. Osteoblastoma: A tumor which develops in young adults and affects the spine
4. Osteoid osteoma: A tumor that affects long bones
5. Enchondroma: Usually found in hand and feet.
As stated earlier, metastatic cancer is a form of cancer that spreads to the bone from other spots in the body. Cancers from other parts that commonly spread to the bones include breast cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer.
It is common for bone tumors to bear no symptoms and they can only be diagnosed using an x-ray. However, a typical symptom of bone tumor is pain which:
1. Starts in the region of the bone tumor
2. Often feels achy
3. Worsens with activity
Other symptoms that might be related to bone tumors are:
1. Abnormal swelling around the bone
3. Limping, in rare cases
1. Benign bone tumors can be treated by just using medications. However, the tumours might relapse even after treatment.
2. Treatment of malignant tumor might require a number of specialists. The stage of cancer plays a vital role in the treatment.
Common treatments for bone tumor are:
1. Amputation: It is the surgical removal of all or a part of the limb and is conducted only if the tumor is large.
2. Radiation therapy: High intensity X-rays are used to kill cancer cells and treat the tumors.
3. Chemotherapy: Tumor cells which have infiltrated the bloodstream are eliminated using cancer drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.