Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayuresh Patode
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Mayuresh PatodeYour feedback matters!
I took a test of my eye on an optical shop and my eyesight was. 25 of both eyes. He was not a doctor but maybe an optometrist. Should I use specs. And is it okay to test eye on an optical shop without concerning doctor?
My eyes are paining and also it used to vibrate under my eyes frequently. I do not know why it happens. Please suggest me something for that.
I am basically a Web/App developer and a student too. I spend about 3-5 hours daily for my part time job but recently I have been sticked with some problem in my eyes. I start having tears in my eye while working on laptop, smartphone or during studies. I recently approached an ophthalmologist and he offered me a Anti-Reflective coating lens with -0.25 D and told me that the problem will be solved. He gave me advice that wear these glasses while working on devices and during studies. But still I am encountering the same problem. Please tell me what could I do as irritation, tears start pouring from my eyes. While writing this issue also I get the same problem. Please tell me the solution to the problem. Any medicine or a home treatment or any precaution or any advice. Please suggest as quickly as possible.
I'm 20 years old, lately I found that I have eyesight. I don't wanna use any spectacles. Any other way?
My eyes are watering. It gives pain to eyes looking at something for a long time. I am not able to sleep properly. My eyes are paining. Suggest me what should I do?
Today morning I had symptoms of conjunctivitis. I consulted a doctor today .i think I am having viral conjunctivitis because I am having cold for the last one week. How many days it will take to cure.
I'm 25 years old female. My question is that in my eyes sometimes some white colour sticky liquid is coming I the black eye ball because of these sometimes I am having pbm in seeing and I take out that sticky liquid with the help of my hand den I can see. What is this liquid and what is the solution?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
In homeopathy, constitutional medicines are the key-
To understand the constitution of a patient, a homeopath must know the patient’s physical make up, like, his build, desires, his disagreement with foods, his thermal reactions, and characteristics of his discharges and eliminations. Also mental attributes, like, emotional and intellectual reactions and normal performances. A constitutional prescription is based on the totality of the mental and physical reactions. It covers the level of susceptibility, the tendencies, the behavioral pattern and the underlying fevers.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments. Recurring styes mean there is a tendency within the body, which had to be addressed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!