Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Veterinarians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar T AkoleYour feedback matters!
I have a Pekingese dog.10 years old.Just unable to get rid of ticks inspite of using various repellants like fipronil spray, advantage, advantix etc. Kindly suggest a way out please
My dog has a constant constipation and irregular bowel resultant very often skips meals? I find it very hard to feed her since often times food gets wasted...
8 Things You Can Do to Protect Your Dog in the Summer
- Never, ever leave your dog in the car;
- Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water;
- Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside;
- Take walks during the cooler hours of the day;
- When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like asphalt) because it can burn your dog's paws;
- If you think it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet – make sure your pet has a means of cooling off;
- Keep your dog free of external parasites (fleas, ticks) and heartworms – consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet;
- Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet), and apply sunscreen to your dog's skin if she or he has a thin coat.
Yesterday my dog attacked a dirty pig and i think my st. Bernard had broken pigs one leg and eaten. Consult me if it is dangerous for my pet or not?
Hi, My Lab is 8 years old. And now she has started to Limp on her right leg. I dont know if she is in pain. What should i do?
Hello Sir, My 50 days old female Lab is not eating anything, but britannia marie biscuits. And she is also not growing. I have started puppy starter, but somebody asked me to stop it, as it can harm her stomach. What to do?
I have 2 dogs mail and female I won't her baby dogs so please you suggest me how can abort in baby before cross suggest any medicine and vaccination.
Hello sir i owned a German Shepherd dog & it is 11 months old.From month ago my dog is having huge hair loss & it is not taking food propely than before.We feed it with rice , pedegree & sauce.Please suggest for recovery
My dog passed away yesterday it was only one and a half months old it was not eating had lose motion and vomiting i consulted a vet. He told that she had eaten something so she had a wound in her intestine and had loss of blood i am not able to understand that my dog passed away because of that or because the vet. Treated the gaestro dog in the same place where he treated my dog .Please give me the answer as early as possible. Thank you
My labrador puppy is 0.8kg at the age of 6 weeks. In what amount I should feed him to make him healthier? Please help.
I have a labrador retriever at home.He is 1 years 9 months old.The problem is that he sheds a lot of hair nearly throughout the year.I applied dandruff relieving shampoo on him but that too did not work.Please help
Sir my pet dog just ate a lizard and vomited all it ate, sir he is only 2 months old and I heard that it is very harmful for them, sir pls aay what can I do to help my pet?
Hey please any doctor help me my dog has eaten a frog and he is vomiting. please suggests me any fast treatment.
I have gsd cross breed female dog and she is 6 years old. 10 days back she had been coughing now and then. Now she is not coughing I gave medicine. But till today she is not taking food she use to drink only water.(she was not taking her food for th past 4 days). Please suggest me any medicine for her.
It is recommended that every pet should receive a general health evaluation once in 6 months. A preventive health visit should cover following aspects:
• Vaccination status
• Parasite control for intestinal parasites, ear mites, ticks and fleas.
• Dental health – care you give at home; any mouth odours, pain, or other signs of disease you may have observed
• Nutrition – including what your dog eats, how often, what supplements and treats are given, and changes in water consumption, weight, or appetite
• Exercise - how much exercise your dog receives including how often and what kind; and any changes in your dog's ability to exercise
• Ears and Eyes – any discharge, redness, or itching
• Stomach and intestines – any vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, gas, belching, or abnormal stools
• Breathing – any coughing, shortness of breath, sneezing, or nasal discharge
• Behaviour – any behaviour problems such as barking, changes in temperament, any obsessive behaviour, urinary accidents
• Feet and legs – any limping, weakness, toenail problems
• Coat and skin – any hair loss, pigment changes, lumps, itchy spots, shedding, mats, or anal sac problems
• Urogenital – any discharges, heats, changes in mammary glands, urination difficulties or changes, Neutering - if it has not already been performed
• Blood tests – especially for geriatric dogs, those with medical problems, and those who are receiving medications
My dog is having high fever with blood in motion and also vomiting since 1 day. He is 3 months old. Please tell me what to do? please
Sir mera dog german shepherd h and vo 9 saal ki h Sir usko 7-8 months say skin allergy ho rahe h. Maay treatment kar va te hu tub sahi ho jate h and again fir say ho jate h abhi usay khujli ho gaye starting hi h abhi may doctor say recommend bhi kar liya h Sir please aap mujhe uske skin allergy ka koi solution bataye. Please.
Depression in humans is well-known and well-documented, but depression in dogs is less known and studies have not been extended up to a deep level till now. As we say dogs are better known as "humans", it is natural for them to feel low and depressed at times. Some of the dog owners must have noticed that all of a sudden their dogs start acting in a way which is very unlike them. Sometimes, they find places to hide constantly or are spotted to be sleeping all day long.
The reasons for such depression are more or less the same in every species and can be interpreted as the following:
- Abusing: Just like humans, dogs get psychologically affected by the way their owner treats them. If you abuse your dog in a way in which it was not raised up, it is sure that your dog will slip into depression and in a few cases, might display some signs of aggression too.
- Critical depression: Critical depression occurs due to some changes in the dog's body. Chemical imbalances may provoke certain behaviors; one of them could be depression. In such situations, it is recommended to take your dog to a Veterinarian in order to seek professional help.
- Grief: If your dog's companion or its known faces drift away, it affects the dog’s behavior massively and may result into depression. This is because with time, the dogs develop strong emotional bonds and it gets hard for them to handle themselves in their absence.
- Aging: Aging is another reason behind your dog's depression. It is very simple to know and understand too that your dog will not be as energetic as it was in its young days. Also, sometimes sensing that their lifespan is about to end may lead them into depression.
How To Deal With It?
By being compassionate, as most of the times your dog may feel depressed because of the treatment you offer to it. They always want to be loved and adored by their owners and this cures everything unnatural happening with them. Try to play with them whenever you come back home, feed them gently, run your fingers through their fur and be extra attentive. All of these will enlighten their mood. Alternatively, you may try out other methods like going out for a walk twice a day, let it socialize with others in the park, let it feel loved more than anything.
For critical depression and grief, it is better to take recommendation from a Veterinarian. Try being patient with your dog about everything. Not all dogs recover rapidly. Hence, before snapping at it again, give it some time and don't pressurize it for anything that comes from its master affects it the deepest. For more comfort, you may bring a new pet which would be its companion for the entire day. Be cautious about the situation and selection. Sometimes they become envious due to such occurrences. Make sure they both get along well.
Osteoarthritis is related with genetic predisposition, inherited problems or defects in bones & joints. This painful condition often requires veterinary pain killers, supplements which protects bones and joints, scientific measures like controlled exercise, swimming & physiotherapy under the veterinary medical supervision. As pollution related features can bring such disorders causing free radical damage, this problem can be managed and a quality living for the pets can be provided with the application of advanced medicines like glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, MSM, micronutrients ete. Many commercial diets are available which can nourish pets skeletal system effectively and a good plane of nutrition can guard a pet from gaining extra body weight which aggravates osteoarthritis. A perfect dietary and lifestyle management therefore is highly essential for combating such painful disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Veterinarian.