Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mandar GhadgilYour feedback matters!
I am consistently having boils in intergluteal cleft, I left it to heal itself but it's been over 2 months still they are persistent. Please kindly advice medical cure for this.
My cousin has acne all over her chest region. She went to a derma. He prescribed some medicines like benzoyl peroxide and azibers which did not help her. Moreover she developed rashes on her neck region just below the clavicle too! the acne is localized only in the chest region. What can be the cause and medicines? please suggest. Thank you.
Please help. I can feel a lump inside my upper wall of the vagina. Between urethra and vagina. And when I insert my finger it feels as if it has hit my urethra. And it hurts. I'm unable to explain. I'm a virgin.
I'm having keratosis pilaris please suggest some Topical exfoliants to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin which contains alpha-hydroxy acid,lactic acid, salicylic acid.
I have some red spots on my cheeks from my childhood. It increases in winter and decreases in summer but remains more or less when I went to Delhi they decreases but when I come back to shimla (my birthplace) they increases again. I have a dry skin and age is 23 years.
My questions is related to skin problems, since 1 years onwards I am facing a problem, I have too much of itching under stomach, now it become as a black mark till now its not cured I tried all type of ointments, could please kind me regarding this.
Pityriasis Rosea is a common skin problem which causes a rash. Although, it can occur at any age, it is most often seen in those between the age of 10 to 35. It is usually harmless and a pretty common condition. It is also worth noting that Pityriasis Rosea does not spread from person to person.
Causes: The exact cause of Pityriasis Rosea has not been identified yet. Some doctors claim that it is caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus while others claim that it is caused by an allergic reaction.
Symptoms: There are a fair number of warning signs of the Pityriasis Rosea rash. The symptoms may differ depending on the patient's general health condition, the climate condition, and the season.
- Size and appearance at first: When the rash first appears, it has a raised border. Basically, it is a pink patch which can be single, round, or oval in shape. 2 cm to 10 cm is the usual range when it comes to the size of the patch.
- Few days or weeks later: After a few days, 1cm to 2cm patches appear on the abdomen, back, chest, legs and arms area. They sometimes spread to the neck, but rarely to the face.
- Back patches: The patches on the back are slightly different from the rest. They tend to be angled and look somewhat like a Christmas tree. Sometimes it is itchy, but it goes away within 6 to 8 weeks.
Treatment: Pityriasis Rosea goes away without treatment. It usually lasts about 6 to 8 weeks. However, in order to relieve itching at home:
- Apply anti-allergic powder.
- Avoid taking hot showers. Keep the water as cool as possible while taking the bath.
- Eat a lot of oatmeal and try bath products which have oatmeal in them.
- Hydrocortisone cream is very good for the itchy areas on your body. However, do not use these on the face or pubic areas.
- Use antihistamines, but, for children, you must check with the doctor first.
- Apply moisturizer regularly.
- Use gentle soaps and avoid deodorant soaps as these worsen the rash and the itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have oily skin. I used garnier men face wash since four years. But in summer my face is getting oily and dark. And on my face there are lots of marks. So how can I remove my marks on my face. And make it clear.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.