Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manasi Gore
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manasi GoreYour feedback matters!
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is bleeding after I pill prove I am not pregnant. I had took ipill after had unprotected sex within 24 hrs. I had the sex on 2nd day of my period end. And again had sex on 6 day later. Then took I pill immediately. After a week I got bleed. Any chance of pregnancy. please reply ASAP.
My wife age is 24 years, weight 45 kg approx, she is facing intense pain during her period, followed by low bp. Please suggest me the appropriate ways to minimize the pain and reduced her blood pressure level.
Mam my age is 21. Meri 2 mahine 15 din se period nhi AA rhe meri date 26 jan ko aayi thi uske bad maine 4 times sex kiya h apne hone walepati k sath. Kit m result negative aa h mam m kya kru aap btaye.
Doc I have pcos and I am currently taking metformin. I have seen sudden increase in facial hair and have some spot acnes. My pcos is recently discovered and had no initial symptom than missed period. I am taking krimson 35 also for regulating periods and have completed one course with successful result. I am just taking metformin 500g but I do not know after taking the medicine my facial hair which was nothing initially has increased. What to do. Also I have diarrhea since I started medication. Can you please tell me what can I do to prevent this facial hair growth and spot acnes. Also I use azac soap for acne but it doesn't sem to work.
I am 24 years old am on my regular cycle but this month in a interval of 9 days again I got my periods for 3 days not heavy bleeding its kind of 4 th day bleeding that much .Is it because of stress or sign for some other reason.
On Aug 2nd I had unprotected sex which involved very little penetration, and again on Aug 5th, I have pcos due to which I hadn't got my period for 4 months, I took an i-pill on August 6th, and had a withdrawal bleeding on August 14th, heavy flow. I took pregnancy tests on the 17th and 21st both came out negative. I was still not convinced hence I took a blood test on 23rd August I had 0.5 miul hcg. I'm having white stringy vaginal discharge, I tested negative again on 5th September, can there still be a chance of being pregnant?
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.