Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamatha Shetty
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha ShettyYour feedback matters!
Discussing ed problems with your partner
Communication plays one of the most important roles in any sexual relationship.
For most men who begin to detect the signs of erectile dysfunction, it can be a big challenge to admit it to their partner about the problem.
Emotions may run high and you may feel nervous or awkward and get stressed about your partner's reaction to it.
But always remember that your problem is also affecting your partner. And a clear discussion may be the first step to the diagnosis and treatment of your problem.
Try and get past the initial hesitation and talk it out to your partner. Feeling embarrassed about discussing your problem of erectile dysfunction can make your relationship even worse.
While it is not easy to communicate with your partner about your erection problems, it is imperative that you do so.
Here are a few tips for getting the conversation started.
1. Don't hesitate
Sometimes the most difficult part is just starting the conversation on this subject. Yet you need to explain the issue in plain simple words.
Admitting it your partner can be the first step to getting started on the road to recovery.
Make sure that you and your partner are comfortable and not stressed out at the time you choose to discuss the matter.
It might feel awkward at the beginning but once the conversation flows, it will be much easier for you to explain. Talking frankly about your problem will also increase the chances of winning the emotional support of your partner.
2. Discuss the treatment options
Because of the advancement in medicine, erection problems are much easily treated than ever before.
Once you have opened the discussion on this subject let your partner know that there are treatments available for this problem. This will give her hope and a positive attitude towards the situation.
Having your partner's support in taking the treatment will make it much easier for both of you to deal with it.
3. Be positive
Stay supportive and positive. Be more expressive about your feelings of love and attraction towards her. Let her know you care.
Focus more on emotional intimacy. Sometimes going bravely through such difficulties together makes the relationship even stronger.
Avoiding the issue of impotence will not make it disappear but will just raise the level of tension and frustration in the relationship.
Therefore, it's very important to discuss the issue with your partner and subsequently, seek medical help and counseling as soon as possible.
Keeping these things in mind, you can deal better with the problem of erectile dysfunction and reduce its impact on your relationship.
Over the years, Infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. Lack of affection has been generally identified as the primary cause why people stray. However there are other reasons too that cause infidelity. Some of them are:
- Bad judgment: The person who is held responsible for going astray may actually be the victim of bad judgement and an impulsive decision. There may not be anything wrong with the marriage but momentary attraction and a rash decision are possible reasons that lead a person astray.
- Search for an emotional connect: A lack of emotional connect with the partner can be a possible reason for infidelity. An unquenchable thirst for attention and the need to be flattered as well finding an emotional connect with a new person causes infidelity. Though the most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship.
There are ways one that helps one to overcome infidelity. Some of them are as follows:
- Ending the affair immediately: The first and foremost step that you must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion: If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise: Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it as well have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy: Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also use the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist through prolonged discussions and sound counsels can avert the possible ending of the relationship.
Hello main 2 year se realationship me hu or me apni gf se bahut pyar krta hu or wo bhi pr pata nhi kyu choti choti baato pr humari ladayi ho jati h me sochta hu ki gussa nhi krunga ladayi nhi krunga pr pata nhi kyu fir bhi kisi baat pr ladayi kr leta hu or apne aap ko bahut dukhi feel krne lgta hu ladayi krte hu or mujhe bura bhi lgta he ki mujhe esa nhi kahana chahiye tha or sorry bhi maang leta hu isiliy mujhe apne behavior ki wajah se darr bhi lagata h ki kahi meri gf mere ese behavior ki wajah se break up na kr le kisi or ki taraf attrect na hone lage or me apni gf ko khona nahi chahata apne behavior ki wajah se me bahut sochne laga hu har time sirf uske baare me sochta rahata hu uska intzar krta rahata hu hum dono ek hi colony me aas pas rahte h or phone pe bhi baate krte h please help me main nhi chahta ki mere behavior ki wajah se wo mujhse durr chali jaye me uske bina nhi rah sakta
He is not feeling any kind of emotions and is never excited about something new. Not even he feels excited when he is back to his home, to his parents and nor when he is visiting some other country. Is that normal to behave on his part? He himself admits that he is feeling way too casual about all things. Could you please provide any solution to overcome this.
Anxiety often leads to the development of phobias. An unreasonable fear of being in social situations is known as social anxiety or social phobia. People suffering from such a phobia may be afraid of specific social settings like public speaking or generic social events such as eating with others or using public telephones. They are afraid that they will embarrass themselves or be humiliated in front of others. Being in such a situation can often build up into a panic attack. In many cases, the person himself is aware that his fear is irrational but cannot overcome it. Hence, here are a few tips to overcome social phobia.
- Relax: The first thing you need to do is learn to relax. People with phobias often anticipate them and stress themselves out before the situation can present itself. Being anxious heightens sensitivity and worsens your response to a social situation. Hence, before stepping out or meeting someone, take a deep breath and relax. Instead of focusing on the stressful situation, think about something in the future like getting home to a nice cup of tea.
- Test yourself: Make a list of the situations that you are afraid of and anticipate the level of anxiety you think it would cause. Then test this hypothesis by putting yourself in the situation. For example, if you fear walking into a crowded room, try doing it once. You may find that you cope with the situation better then you anticipated. Keep a record of these hypothesis and test results.
- Practice doing what scares you: Some situations may scare you too much to dive straight into them. In such cases, practice what you would do if you were in such a situation by yourself or with someone you trust. Run the situation in your head and imagine what you would do if it were actually happening.
- Look around: Social awkwardness is often caused by imaging that people can read your thoughts and thus focusing on them rather than the people you are talking to or the space you are in. Train your mind to notice things around you and be aware of your situation. Focusing outwards can lower your anxiety and enhance your ability to hold a conversation with people. To make this a habit, whenever you walk into a room make a mental note of three things in the room.
- Ask questions: An easy way to shift focus from yourself to people around you is by asking questions. When you someone a question listen to their response and if you still aren't comfortable talking about your own views, ask another related question. This will not give your mind time to dwell on any negative thoughts and can even increase your social circle.