Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mallik
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. MallikYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 21 year old, and during last 2 months I am diagnosed with the spondylitis, acute pain in the back bone, taking medicine during last 2 months - movon mr, rebozen 20, please suggest me the proper treatment.
Sir my question is that my left leg cannot be fold after surgery which took place in 1995 I have consulted many doctors after that.
Hey I am 19 years old nd I have back nd knees problem its pain too much specially backache I do not nw why its too much pain I used ointment but it did not give any relief. Nd my knees pain in winter season cn you please tell me wt I should use to avoid the pain of back nd knees.
I am 62 years male having pain in lower back on left side. Recently about a quarter having a pain started on the lower upper right side. What shud I do?
I am 40 years old female. Having two kids. From one year having l4l5 disc problem. And severe knee pains. Having thyroid taking eltroxin 100. Weight 65 height 5.1.i can't walk for a kilometer continue. Will have severe knee pains. Please suggest me something for that.
Please suggest ayurvedic medicine for low back pain, I am facing this problem past six months. I prefer ayurvedic medicines.
I am having continuous pain in my left heel. The doctor diagnosed it as plantar fasciitis and recommended cold n hot pack physiotherapy at home with some exercises. But the pain is still there. Please suggest.
I am 23 yrs old and am suffering from pain in shoulder especially left from past 4 months quite severe in the soft part below shoulder bone.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!