Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Iyer
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh IyerYour feedback matters!
I am a 18 year old but my skin stays too oily no matter how many times I wash it with cold water. Could you please suggest me with some cream n diet which can help me avoid oily skin n pimples?
I have skin infection problem from 1 month. I have not take any medicine, So please Give me some tips about this.
I heard about the glutathione skin whitening tablets .is it better to take the pills or I may face any side effects please suggest me about it.
Normally. I have a oily skin. Bt since some days. My skin has become extremely dry inspite of applying moisturizers it remains dry. Specially skin of hand and around lips. It appears just like a skin of an old woman .how should I get rid of it?
I have small needs like particles under my face skin when I touch my face. What are these and how I remove them.
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face, and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules. Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
1. A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
2. The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammation are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
As I previously ask abt my dull n uneven face skin Dr. advised me use berberis aquifolium take 5-10 drops and mix with water and jst wash your face with it and leave it whole ngt but when I go to homeopathy medicine store one doctor advised me don't use on face it's a medicine which you have to take orally it's not for applying on face nw m confused what to do please answer me and one more thing he said it treat pimples not pigmentation and dull skin r uneven skin but I don't have pimples I have dull face.
I'm having a masse on my nose. It looks really bad and piss me off every time I look atmyself in mirror. Also I'm surrounded by dark circles under my eyes. I need to get rid as soon as possible.
Drug rashes are generally defined as the reaction of the body to certain kinds of diseases. Different drugs result in different kinds of diseases which sometimes are as dangerous as being life-threatening. There are different types of drug rashes. They can manifest in different forms. Common ones are:
- Blisters and swelling: Many drugs result in acute blisters and swelling in different parts of the body. This condition, if unchecked, may aggravate, leading to dangerous consequences.
- Prolonged high fever: Continuous rise in fever is often diagnosed as a serious consequence of certain drugs.
- Abnormal redness of the skin: Few medicines often result in sudden reddening of the skin. This condition continues till the drug is discontinued.
- Rash and itching: This is considered as one of the most common side-effects of medicines. Often medicines result in continuous itching and rashes on the skin that also causes swelling, if unchecked.
- Swelling of tissues: Tissues often swell up as a result of consumption of certain medicines. Consequently, the concerned person experiences problems in breathing and often a drastic fall in blood pressure.
However, there are ways that one can adopt in order to combat drug rashes.
- Identify and discontinue the drug: One of the most essential ways of combating drug rashes is to identify the drug and immediately discontinue its consumption.
- Avoid using chemicals: One way of easy recuperation is to avoid using chemicals, soaps on the affected areas. If continued to use, they aggravate the already caused damage. On the other hand, Calamine can be used for treating drugs.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes: Wearing tight clothes that sticks to the body further damages the skin. Instead, one should try to wear loose-fitted clothes that allow the skin to heal.
- Apply cool compresses: Taking cool showers or applying cool compresses over the affected areas significantly help to recuperate fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.