Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Bedekar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh BedekarYour feedback matters!
The size of your belly is not the only thing that changes when you are pregnant. Pregnancy affects every part of a woman's body and visible changes can be noted as the pregnancy progresses. This is partly because of hormonal fluctuations and partly due to the strain of carrying excess weight.
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see when you are pregnant:
- Changes in the respiratory system: Along with eating for two, you are also breathing for two when pregnant. The increased oxygen consumption leads to increased rate of breathing, shortness of breath and elevated pH levels in the blood.
- Changes in the cardiovascular system: The cardiovascular system is readjusted at the time of pregnancy. This increases the volume of blood in the blood. The expanding uterus puts pressure on veins and arteries, thus slowing the circulation of blood. You may also notice an elevated resting heart rate and low blood pressure in the second trimester.
- Changes in the gastrointestinal system: The enlarging uterus displaces organs of the digestive system and allows stomach acid to travel back into the esophagus. This leads to acidity and heartburn. Pregnant women also often suffer from constipation.
- Changes in the breasts: As pregnancy progresses, your breasts may increase in size and be more sensitive than usual. The nipples will also begin to stick out more than normal. By the third trimester, you may also notice a discharge of early milk or colostrum.
- Changes in the abdomen: By the second trimester, the abdomen will begin to expand. As the ligaments and abdominal wall supporting the uterus are stretched, you may experience an ache on one side or the other.
- Changes in the urinary system: Pregnant women feel the urge to urinate frequently. This is because the expanding uterus puts extra pressure on the bladder, urethra and pelvic floor muscles. This may also lead to temporary urinary incontinence. Pregnancy also increases the load on the kidneys as they need to filter not only your own blood, but also that of the growing baby.
- Changes in the skin: As the skin on the body stretches to accommodate the growing uterus, stretch marks are one of the common visible changes. This may also be accompanied by hyperpigmentation of the nipples, face and abdomen along with the appearance of spider veins and reddening of palms.
Other common changes include, swelling of ankles, leg cramps, increased body temperature and changes in hair texture.
Advantages and detail about Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgeries
Hi I am Doctor Suviraj John. I am a consultant at Minimal Access. Perform surgery through laparoscopy and now through robotic surgery as well. I am a consultant at the Institute of minimal access and metabolic and bariatric surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. Our speciality is fully dedicated to performing surgery through laparoscopy and robotic surgery. The main benefits being smaller wounding, lesser pain, early recovery, to work as well as to normal life because in the overall experience is lesser than conventional open surgery. We apply our science to the broad areas of digestive disorders like gastroesophageal reflux disease, gosselin disease and problems like rectal prolapse and also now increasingly to problems of abdominal hernia which are in gualala swell as incisional in nature.
We also cover gastrin Silo cancer and now increasingly in the areas of obesity and metabolic syndrome. Gothel affects about five percent of of the population for the large part of it is asymptomatic people don't have any symptoms but when it affects people it can come down to life threatening problems. We advise our chloesectomy that has a removal of the gallbladder through leproscopy for people affected with this disease as in the long term this disease can cause pain infection even up to rupture of the gallbladder. Ship it to the stone to the common bile duct resulting In damage the liver, jaundice and even conditions as threatening as acute pancreatitis and in the long run can cause damage related to chronic cholecystitis and also in the origin of called letter cancer which is a very aggressive cancer. So does if you are known to have gallstones on a routine checkup or having found to have gallstones for minimum symptoms such as dyspepsia we would advise you to consult a surgeon and have the gallbladder removed as soon as you can.
Hernia, this is a increasing in the population worldwide. Even in India up to 10%population can be affected with the hernia. Common hernias are in the groin and amreen inguinal hernias. The second most common of ventral hernias of the abdominal wall like the umbilical hernia as well as incisional hernia division now becoming more common as we can undergo more and more abdominal operations. We apply the science of leproscopy to the repair of these hernias because we find that people with hernias operated by laparoscopy we have quicker return to work, less pain as well as better function and christmases in gualala is a routine be prepared by laparoscopy in in our department as well as most ventral abdominal and incisional hernias.
Gastritis on cancer now ranks from III and IV most common cancers worldwide and also in Asia they are coming up in India as well. The most common cancer from stomach cancer today in India probably would be the colorectal cancer and we as a routine operate those who have operable colorectal cancer laparoscopy as well as the robotic surgery. We have found that our outcomes are excellent from the cancer point of if view as we have long-term follow-up these patients an accident short term quality of life indices. Gastric cancer is rated as the fourth most common cancer worldwide and also around the third most common cancer gastric cancer in the world.
About 50 million Indians are considered to have obesity. In fact in our cities anywhere from 55 to 65%to the population is now overweight with 20 to 35% of them be actually obese. Salary of a city is a whole health altering and a life threatening disease. Dangerous long time problems like diabetes hypertension heart disease kidney failure sleep apnea asthma and even problems like cancer are strongly associated with obesity and increasing in diseases and rates of obesity. Does obesity presents to us as a post to disease and it is our duty to impress upon people that the prevention of opacity is imperative. But sadly once the obesity has been confirmed in a person of a long term in terms of presence you have to act and resolve this problem along with its concomitant commodities like diabetes.
The best long term solution for severe obesity and its associated commodities today is bariatric surgery. The wonderful aspect of bariatric surgery is that not only does it offer you a long time resolution in terms of weight loss but it also almost results and cure promises diabetes up to 90 to 95% of people, hypertension in about to 80% of people, sleep apnea in up to 95 % of people and problems which is ask them are and diseases like diabetes up to 60 to 70%. The most wonderful thing in this procedure is it that it reduces the risk of death and increases long-term survival. People this is its biggest benefit.
You can contact me through lybrate.com website or at hospital or also at my clinic. Thank you.