Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh BedekarYour feedback matters!
Can intercourse during pregnancy is allowable? please let me clarify ;wife is 4 month pregnant. please let me know, Thanking you.
Coccydynia - Tailbone Pain:
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia.
What is coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal neuralgia is also same as coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone unlocked, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with coccyx exercise.
- The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks.
Hello Dr. I am pregnant. Ajkl mujay khane Kay baad vomiting ho jati h . Please suggest me medicine Jo harmful na ho. Or loos motion bhi ho jate h kbi kbi. Please suggest.
My mouth is not open properly. The teeth have also worsened. I have left the pocket pouch. Right now, the bones below the ear have gone away from 2-3 days. Vaginal penetration has come in the mouth. I feel guilty about living in this way. Sir, help me. And give me the opportunity to live the right way. Thank you Lybrate.
I am 21 years .Is it safe to take cyproterone Acetate 2 mg ethinyl estradiol 35 mcg for long duration (20 yr) for hirsutism?
Sir/madam My wife got 2 abortion reason was baby does not connect to mother and does not grow Doctor said me to get semen test but I think if my wife conceive baby then what is the mean of semen test.
I have pcos problem with irregular periods. I am trying for second baby as soon as possible. So pls anybody help where I could solve my problem.
Mera ectopic ka operation 11-05-2016 ko hua tha Or mere shadi ko 2 saal ho gae hai or is beech me mere 2 ectopic k operation hua hai (1st ectopic last year september me hua tha left ectopic but my tubes are safe)(2nd right ovarian tha ovary bhi safe hai) I want to get pregnant now please help me and please advice how can I plan for a future baby please explain in detail.
Hi, My wife's pregnancy reports are positive and now I am asking you can I do intercourse with her and how many times I can do now please give me answer thanks.
Hello doctor last year I had missed abortion and am 10 weeks pregnant now. From 8-9 weeks I was suffering from severe vomiting and my breasts were fuller but now from three days am not getting vomiting and also breasts size decreased a bit. Should I go to doctor again. If symptoms disappear they say it is missed abortion. Will I have missed abortion again. Should I go to doctor. Is this the cause of concern. Please suggest soon. Will uti cause missed abortion? Please answer in detail.
What is vagina discharge and do it mandatory during sex I am virgin and I use to be wet when I insert finer in vagina but not discharge?
She has thyroid problem and has got tsh test done in February and was found to be 8.5 .she has problems in having periods on time and taking medicine of 25 mg . Moreover she is not able to reduce her weight.
I M 39 years old. Two hours ago I took festone kit last dose. I was expecting bleeding but I started shivering and got fever of 100. What should I do.
Hello mam, mai 7 month ki pragnent hu 27 week tk sub normal tha ab AFI 10 cm h liquar modrate ho gya tha astmin 4 lage nd ab iugr ho gya h baby weight 1200gm h lmp date 19 sept tha kya yeh prob solve ho sakti h.
Rehabilitation of the pelvic floor:
Muscles: rehabilitation was done using the Tanzberger exercises, given by german Physical therapist, renate tanzberger. The Participant was made to sit on a swiss ball (approx. 68-70cm in diameter), with the hip And the knee flexed to 90o and the feet Properly placed on the ground. The Participants were explained in detail about The pfm. The landmarks were explained by Making them sit on a firm surface (chair) And by making them feel for the contraction And relaxation of the gluteal, anal and the Vaginal muscles.
1. Exercise: Rolling the ball Forward: The participant was asked To roll the ball forward towards the Knee without lifting off the feet and Keeping the lumbar spine erect. While rolling, contraction of the Pfm was to be done and while Returning, relaxation.
2. Exercise 2-back to back sitting: The Participant and the therapist sat on The swiss ball back to back. The Participant was asked to pull the ball Towards the knees which do not Move and this activity was restricted Or slowed down by the therapist who Tried to pull the ball in opposite Direction. This brings about the Isometric contraction of the pelvic Floor muscles. The participant was asked to contract the Pelvic floor muscles (50 contractions for Each exercise) while exhaling and relax While inhaling. Treatment was given for 4 Weeks, 3 sessions per week. Each session Continued for about 20-30 minutes Depending upon the fatigue level of each Individual subject with sufficient rest break In between each exercise.