Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LuniaYour feedback matters!
I am 53 year old female. I have thyroid problem & I am in menopause stage from last 2 years. My body is becoming fatter & fatter day by day. What should I do?
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch
I had unprotected sex and the next morning I took unwanted 72 pill n my periods date were on 18 n now its two days delayed and in between on 17 there were brown discharge n till date I have not got my periods. Is there any chance that m pregnant?
I want know when is the safe time for avoid pregnancy or when is safe time for sex without using protection to avoid pregnancy. If is it any method, how to calculate.
I have small bumps on my forehead which doesn't go away after trying every possible remedy and gets worse during the mensuration cycle. Please suggest me some permanent solution to this.
My cousin have a baby of 3 years old she is not ready to have a child now she cannot use any coppety because if she had use she have a heavy bleeding any injection to stop a child for 2 years.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
As the winter chill creeps in, it’s time to put on layers of warmth to protect you from the extreme cold. As you put on warm clothing externally, you also need to pack your body internally with the right Vitamins and Minerals to brave through the winter chill and the associated health problems.
Here are a few remedies that will boost your immunity this winter and keep you healthy.
1. Probiotic Supplier - Yogurt
Yogurt is a rich source of probiotics and boosts the immune system’s abilities to fight off diseases. Consume at least 2-3 cups of probiotics rich yogurt to get its amazing benefits.
2. Great Booster - Broccoli
Broccoli, the bright green coloured vegetable is a great immunity booster that keeps the immune system strong and stable. Its amazing benefit is that it prevents the immune system from reacting to allergens, germs and viruses which is one of the major causes of immune system related diseases. Eat it as much as possible this winter.
3. Immunity Enhancer - Amla
The Indian Gooseberry or Amla is loaded with Vitamin C. The amount of Vitamin C in this small little fruit is double in comparison to oranges and lemons. Vitamin C helps to strengthen immunity and can help to maintain good health. Enjoy fresh as it is or have its juice.
4. Revitalizer - Oregano and Thyme
Oregano and Thyme have a great anti-microbial potential and are power packed with aromatic compounds that boost the immune system. Added to teas, salads or soups, they enhance the flavour apart from keeping away the winter cold.
5. Resistance Builder - Barley and Oatmeal
Barley and Oatmeal are rich sources of Beta-Glucans, a fibre capable of building body’s resistance to infections and diseases like cancer, diabetes etc. A great booster for the immune system these even lower the level of cholesterol in blood and help to suppress appetite. You can have 1-2 cups of cooked oatmeal or barley to get their benefits.
6. Immunity Restorer - Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds
Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds are packed with minerals that boost immunity. Loaded with Magnesium, pumpkin seeds also contain Zinc essential for boosting immunity. Sunflower seeds are rich in Copper and Selenium, apart from Magnesium and help to maintain bones and control damage to cells. Together they make a healthy mix for you to munch and enjoy great health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello Dr. My question is related to pregnancy. My wife is pregnant and its our 8th month running. But she has putted on only 3 kg weight till now, but I got to know that weight should increases at least 5-7 kg during pregnancy. Even I have seen so many women who puts on 10-15 kg. Our Dr. Says that every thing is okey all reports showed the same but though I am worried please let me know is it really fine.
I had unprotected sex on 10th June and within the next hour I took unwanted 72. I experienced withdrawal bleeding from 21st to 23rd June. My last period was from 29th May to 1st June and as predicted by my period app, my scheduled period date was 30the June but I'm 8 days late. So I took a pregnancy test (I Can) which was negative. I still haven't gotten my period. Is pregnancy possible?
How may I loose my weight? My wife is pregnant on 3 month running. Is there any chance to sex with her?
I had irregular periods since two months at that time I had previously diabetic symptoms once when I took tablet for periods and started with mala d my sugar level became normal so when I had been to treatment my Dr. advised me to check to it my sugar level comes to normal so that I can conceive and plan for for further treatment again when I check my sugar level is 139moleq I had I cup tea and chocolate is it fine I am still showing pretty diabetic symptom I am very badly pls help.
Symptoms can be absent in diabetic patients, presentation can be only giddiness or sweating or just nausea vomiting.
So never ignore these symptoms.
Like I always say early diagnosis is key to better treatment and recovery. Rejoice:)