Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxmidutta Shukla
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmidutta ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Laxmidutta Shukla to be knowledgeable, practical and helped me improve my health. Thanku sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Laxmidutta Shukla to be knowledgeable. Thank u sir
Dr. Laxmidutta Shukla provides answers that are very helpful. Thank sir
Nethrachikitsa is as old as Ayurveda and forms a very critical branch of Ayurvedic treatment. Derived from two Sanskrit words ‘netra’ meaning ‘eyes’ and ‘chikitsa’ meaning ‘treatment’, this is not surprising as eyes are our window to the world and any disease affecting it needs priority treatment. Nethrachikitsa is a branch of Salakyatanthra in ayurveda, which deals with the treatment of entire area of head and neck. In English Nethrachikitsa is termed as Ophthalmology.
Eyes have always been given due importance as an indriya or organ in Ayurveda from very ancient times. Traces of Nethrachikitsa can be found in the ancient texts of Ayurveda. It has been proved that in earlier times, there was an existence of systematic way of eye treatment, which included different types of therapeutic formulations and practices. Among all the branches of salakyatanthra, Nethrachikista or Ophthalmology is the most important and popular branch.
In this field a total 76 eye diseases have been described and classified into various branches such as Vartma gata roga i.e. dieseases of the lids, Krishnagata roga (Diseases of cornea) etc.
In Ayurveda, the treatment of eye diseases is done not only by internal medications but also by way of several traditional applications like Anjanam and Aschyothanam. It also includes methods like nasyam (part of Panchakarma), nethraTarpanam and Putapakam. Nethrachikitsa also advocates the application of several eye exercises and yoga in order to keep the eyes healthy and efficient for years. If followed in the right method, Ayurvedic ophthalmology is capable of curing several common and chronic eye diseases.
Some of the major diseases which can be treated with the help of ayurveda are: Myopia (short-sight), Hypermetropia (long-sight), Astigmatism, inflammations and infections like Conjunctivitis, keratitis, uveitis, blepharitis, recurrent stye, scleritis etc., degenerative eye diseases like retinitis pigmentosa (RP), macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic atrophy, lazy eye (amblyopia), computer-related disorders like Dry Eye (computer vision syndrome), Glaucoma, allergic conditions like central serous retinopathy, spring catarrh, etc. Dr. Mahesh Gupta Ayurveda consultations is specialize in Netra Chikitsa and is very proficient in ensuring that eye diseases are cured the Ayurvedic way, without any side effects. The potential of Ayurveda can help us to see this beautiful world by our healthy eyes for a longer period of time.
Hello Doctor, What are the treatment choices for asymptomatic lower UTI in a non-pregnant woman? (1m)
The oral cavity consists of the lips, gums, teeth, cheeks (buccal mucosa), the frontal 66% of the tongue, the hard top of the mouth (hard palate), the floor of the mouth beneath the tongue and the region behind the wisdom teeth (retromolar trigone). Development of oropharyngeal cancer occurs in the region of the throat behind the mouth, called the oropharynx. The oropharynx starts where the oral depression closes.
The World Health Organization states that oral cancer ranks eleventh in terms of the common cancer around the world. It is commonly found in men and its spread is slightly higher in developing countries. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco contributes to around 90% of oral cavity cancer cases.
Cancerous oral growth is dealt with procedures which are similar to treatments of different cancers i.e. with the assistance of surgery followed by radiation treatment. In radiation treatments, patients may need to manage the various side effects. Specialists at the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) along with the Regional Cancer Centre in Kerala have made a mouthwash utilizing herbal substances, as recommended in Ayurveda, which can help in diminishing the intense amount of pain in patients experiencing radiation therapy for oral cancer.
Other important Ayurvedic remedies may entail the following:
- Lemon: A deficiency of vitamin C is experienced in the body once you are diagnosed with oral cancer. Therefore, consuming fresh lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C, around 3 to 4 times a day, is very helpful
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in 'beta-carotene' which is considered to be an anti-cancer nutrient. It is recommended for patients suffering from oral cancer since it is a source of antioxidants. Consumption of at least 1 glass of carrot juice per day helps in fighting this form of cancer.
- Grape Seed: The seeds of the grapefruit are rich in antioxidants which help to destroy the radical cells. These radical cells damage the cells present in the mouth, thus causing oral cancer. The vitamin E, C and beta-carotene present in grapes strengthen the immunity system. The grapes should be crushed to form a paste and the liquid should be strained to form a juice. Consume this juice 3-4 times in a day.
- Bitter gourd: It is rich in alpha eleostearic acid, which helps in elimination of cancerous cells without affecting the normal ones.
Hi, I would like to know that My right eye is dropping the vision 50% than left eye how can I retain it? Please suggest me.
With high level of pollution, now-a-days, most of us suffer from a number of skin allergies and acne is one of the most common ailments, which affects us all. With acne it is very difficult to have a clear and blemish free skin.
Acne appears when a pore in our skin clogs. This clog begins with dead skin cells. Normally, dead skin cells rise to surface of the pore, and the body sheds the cells. When the body starts to make lots of sebum (see-bum), oil that keeps our skin from drying out, the dead skin cells can stick together inside the pore. Instead of rising to the surface, the cells become trapped inside the pore.
Sometimes bacteria that live on our skin also get inside the clogged pore. Inside the pore, the bacteria have a perfect environment for multiplying very quickly. With loads of bacteria inside, the pore becomes inflamed (red and swollen). If the inflammation goes deep into the skin, an acne cyst or nodule appears
How do you know that you are suffering from acne?
Many people think that acne is just pimples. But a person who has acne can have any of these blemishes:
Acne often affects your face, but it can appear on other areas of the body. Acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks.
How you can keep acne at bay?
- Wash twice a day and after sweating: Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser: Using a washcloth, mesh sponge or anything else can irritate the skin.
- Be gentle with your skin: Use gentle products, such as those that are alcohol-free. Do not use products that irritate your skin, which may include astringents, toners and exfoliants. Dry, red skin makes acne appear worse.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse: Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin and rinse with lukewarm water
- Shampoo regularly: If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Let your skin heal naturally: If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Keep your hands off your face: Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups.
- Avoid sun: Tanning damages your skin. In addition, some acne medications make the skin very sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) light, which you get from both the sun and indoor tanning devices.
I have soryasis a skin disease the doctors said there is no solution for this to completely cure from that so what can I do for that.
Ayurvedic massages are being performed for a long time for the overall mind and body support. This Indian traditional medicine ensures proper interaction between the mind, body and soul from the powers that lie within the human body. These messages are normally performed with the application of warm essential oils and help in improving the blood circulation, stimulating the lymphatic system and opening the body force.
Some of the special and highly beneficial Ayurvedic massages are:
- Pizhichil: This Ayurvedic massage includes pouring of warm essential oils from a specialized type of vessel known as Kindi, which is placed at a considerable height while the expert masseur executes the massage. As the massage is done for balancing out the Vata dosha, the essential oil is chosen on the basis of the patient's condition. The warmth of the oil is necessary for removing the Vata dosha and is extremely beneficial for individuals suffering from soreness caused from fractures, stiffness in various parts of the body, paralysis, monoplegia, hemiplegia and paraplegia.
- Njavarakizhi: This massage is aimed at increasing perspiration in the body and is very popular in Kerala. Here, after the application of the warm medicated oil, pressurized massage is given with small cotton bags that are filled with a specific type of processed rice termed as 'Njavara'. While the massage is given, cotton bags are dipped into cow milk, and a distinctive herbal paste is utilized for the production of sweat.
- Shirodhara: As the name says, this is a head massage that helps in stimulating the nerves present in the scalp area. It is mainly done through applying herbal or medicated oil on the head region in a continuous flow or stream. This massage is perfect for relieving mental fatigue, increasing focus and easing headaches.
- Elakizhi and Ubtaan: These types of Ayurvedic massages involve a combination of different herbal materials that form an effective beauty and skin solution. Both these massages help in revitalizing the skin, improving the texture of the skin, nourishing the body and improving the circulation, all these help in making the person appear fresh and beautiful.
Along with these Ayurvedic massages, there are several other types of massages available like the Gharshana that doesn't require any lubricant, Udvartana that helps in releasing the toxins from the body, and Abhyangam which is a whole body massage. Each of these massages is suitable for a specific condition and thus you must speak with an expert to know, which massage would be ideal for you. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
LIKORIA (leukorrhea) is a medicinal term that signifies a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defence mechanism that the vagina uses to keep up its chemical balance. It also safeguards the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It might also be due to irritation or blockage of the vaginal mucosa.
There are such a large number of reasons for leucorrhea, the most common one being increased estrogen. The measure of discharge may really increase because of vaginal disease or STDs, in which case it turns out to be more yellow and has a foul smell. Here are ten herbal cures for Likoria:
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds enhance the pH level in the vagina and are known to influence estrogen levels. Drench one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following morning, strain the water and include one and a half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Amla Root: For treating leucorrhea you need to take one tablespoon of amla root and absorb it in an ounce of water for eight to nine hours. Strain the root and drink the water each day until your symptoms come down.
Lukol: An ayurvedic concoction, which is a blend of a few intense herbs, Lukol is known to get rid of the pain from the side effects of leucorrhea.
Amaranth root: Amaranth root has antibacterial properties that helps in treating diseases. Its compounds help in the mending of reproductive organs. Grind amaranth root and add to water. Drink twice per day, morning and night for better results. Amaranth leaves and its branches can be added to boiling water for the same impact.
Coriander seeds: Coriander seeds are extremely helpful home cure for leucorrhoea. Absorb the seeds in water overnight. Strain and drink this water the following morning on an empty stomach. This should be taken for no less than one week for better results.
Amalaki powder: Take some amalaki powder and mix it with honey or sugar. Add it to a glass of water and drink. It can also be added to milk or used as a paste to be applied on the vaginal tract for better results.
Asparagus: Blend and boil asparagus with somnifera withania. Drink this for effectively treating this condition.
Walnut leaves: Walnut leaves have astringent properties, which are helpful in getting rid of infections and treating leucorrhoea. A mix made by soaking the leaves in water and boiling for around twenty minutes. This can be strained and used on genital areas.
Different Herbs: Lamium album, White weed and Tiger lily are different herbs used for the treatment of Leucorrhoea. They should be used under the direction of naturopaths. Pushyanuga churn Shalmali power is also very useful. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!