Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Lavan KarYour feedback matters!
Is migraine curable? My wife feels her neck is heavy. What steps could be taken to avoid migraine. Home remedies. Regards.
I am 83 years old male with back pain. What can be the cause and how can it be treated? please help.
I am suffering from 1 or 2 grade piles and I want to join indian army so how much time it will take to cure it at home.
Hello experts, Heavy pain on top of my foot, I got this pain two weeks back no specific reason, applied Dynapar on my foot and got relieved. From yesterday onwards, I am getting the same pain in my foot. Don't know the reason. Please advise me. Thank you.
I have muscle pain in legs. I can't run fast on cardio and frequently. I need help to reduce this pain. N want to run frequently. Can you help me out?
I am 34 yrs male, have lower back ache, did my x ray shows mild reduction at l5 s1, what should I do. Will swimming improve it or worsen it.
My leg got suddenly swollen. Consulted several doctors and checked whether it is filaria or not. And confirmed that it is not filaria and also taken medicine for treating filaria (save side). Even after all those attempts, swelling still remains same. When I travel or when I walk for long time, it used to become big like anything. What kind of treatment is necessary or should I prefer. Please help me.
Dr. My mother has been suffering from joint pain and muscle pain if she sits somewhere more than a hour then it becomes very difficult for her to get up yesterday I got her sugar and uric acid reports what I am sending you in picture please tell me that does her these reports and pain in joints has any concern.
Hi I have rheumatoid arthritis due to this I have severe pain in my joints my hand legs fingers. I am 40 yrs. Is there any remedy other than pain killers which I avoid.
I am a 23yr old male and have cracking and popping sound in knee for last 6months. What should I do? please suggest me. Some remedie.
Hello sir I have pain in left hand fingers because I do type writing for some times but the pain get increase please suggest me sir.
I am suffering from skin allergies. On face with itching and on ties back side area .on applying of ointments its going and again coming after few days .heavily when I took non veg .
I have constant pain in my lower back not very severe pain but a persistent pain if I bend I find little difficulty in getting back. Can you advise what this means.
Sir my shoulders and wrists are feel pain when I take 10 kg of weight o n my hands What is the problem with my hands.
A spinal cord injury is a damage to the spinal cord. It’s an extremely serious type of physical trauma that’s likely to have a lasting and significant impact on most aspects of daily life.
The spinal cord is responsible for sending messages from the brain to all parts of the body. It also sends messages from the body to the brain. We are able to perceive pain and move our limbs because of messages sent through the spinal cord.
If the spinal cord sustains an injury, some or all of these impulses may not be able to ‘get through’. The result is a complete or total loss of sensation and mobility below the injury. A spinal cord injury closer to the neck will typically cause paralysis throughout a larger part of the body than one in the lower back area.
A spinal cord injury is often the result of an unpredictable accident or violent event. The following can all result in damage to the spinal cord:
- a violent attack such as a stabbing or a gunshot
- diving into water that’s too shallow and hitting the bottom
- trauma during a car accident (specifically, trauma to the face, head and neck region, back, or chest area)
- falling from a significant height
- head or spinal injuries during sporting events
- electrical accidents
- severe twisting of the middle portion of the torso
Some symptoms of a spinal cord injury include:
- problems walking
- loss of control of the bladder or bowels
- inability to move the arms or legs
- feelings of spreading numbness or tingling in the extremities
- pain, pressure, stiffness in the back or neck area
- signs of shock
- unnatural positioning of the head
If you suspect that someone has a back or neck injury:
- Don’t move the injured person – permanent paralysis and other serious complications may result
- Call 911 or your local emergency medical assistance number
- Keep the person still
- Place heavy towels on both sides of the neck or hold the head and neck to prevent them from moving until emergency care arrives
- Provide basic first aid, such as stopping any bleeding and making the person comfortable, without moving the head or neck
Because spinal cord injuries are often due to unpredictable events, the best you can do is reduce your risk.
Some risk-reducing measures include:
- always wearing a seatbelt while in a car
- wearing proper protective gear while playing sports
- never diving into water unless you’ve examined it first to make sure it’s deep enough and free of rocks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.