Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LataYour feedback matters!
A lot of people are obsessed with the idea of having a soul mate. This is probably because of the countless books and movies that have equated the idea of a soul mate with that of true love. Now, the idea of being with a soul mate is not unappealing at all, because after all, who would not want to be with the perfect partner? The idea of having someone who gets you is totally wonderful. However, it is also important to understand that the concept of a soul mate is very ambiguous and can, in fact, ruin your potential love life. Instead, when you are going out with someone, it is important to enjoy their company and be grateful for what they can offer, rather than scaring them off by constantly trying to impose your expectations of what they should be giving you. Here are some reasons why it is important to put your hunt for that elusive “soul mate” on a permanent halt.
Nobody Is Perfect!!
This is one of those quintessential reasons why you have to stop looking for your soul mate immediately. After all, what is a soul mate? Most people believe that a soul mate is someone who is completely perfect not only for them, but also as a person. However, these are very unrealistic expectations. It is not possible for an individual, whether a boy or a girl, to be completely perfect. If you are hung up on the idea, you might not be able to handle the problems and the shortcomings in your partner, because after all, it will not comply with your idea of how “perfect” your partner is and should be.
You Will Never Be Able To Accept Completely
A relationship consists of two people, where both individuals are equal participants. If one of the partners is in the relationship because they have found something attractive about you, and the other partner is in the relationship because they think you are soul mates, then an immediate imbalance is created. In the process, the latter would never be able to accept the smaller quirks, mistakes, flaws, and habits which do not coincide with their own, because obviously that is not what “soul mates” are supposed to be like, are they? Work on accepting your partner as they are instead of fitting them into the mold that you have created, because you never know, they might become your partner in life.
Expecting too much from a relationship or your partner can lead to heartbreak. So, keep your expectations real!
- People associate the concept of a soul mate with statements like “We share a special connection,” or “We are made for each other,” or even “We love each other unconditionally.” No matter how appealing and fairytale-like it sounds, you also have to make sure that you are firmly grounded in reality. Although thoughts like these can enhance a relationship, it is also important to note that a relationship cannot be solely based on such things. No matter what, there will be some amount of consternation, fighting, and misunderstandings, which will only increase when your idea of a having a perfect soul mate is violated.
- Marriage makes you complete and ends your loneliness: Marriage definitely provides you a companion (for life), but being lonely is something dependent on the person. As they say, be alone, don’t be lonely.
- You will know at first sight if the person is right for you: Not necessarily. The person may have been nicely groomed and dressed when you first met them. However, there is more to that person, and as you get to know them more, you will become aware of your likes and dislikes and other aspects, which are more important in helping you decide if the person is right for you.
- You need to remember every date that was a milestone in your life – the day you met, the day you proposed, the day you agreed, the day you spoke to your parents, the day they agreed…… the list can be very long Get real! All these lead to you two being together. They are good to remember, but do not call for a celebration every single time. Also depends on what you call as a celebration.
- Celebration: Instead of talking about past events, keep small milestones for yourselves and celebrate each event together. Celebration means going for a ball party where all break into a well-rehearsed song and dance. Celebration is being together and talking something meaningful. It could be cooking together or going for a drive or a movie. Important is to spend time together.
- Romance is in the air: Depends on your definition of romance. But, as the routine daily life begins, you realize you need to clean the house, cook food, and buy groceries to ensure it is running smooth. Romance is definitely there, but there are other things too to do.
- Love will help overcome all problems: Love definitely helps tide through problems, but whether it is money or people, you need to work on them.
- Communication: My spouse knows me so well, I don’t have to say a word: 'Totally wrong'. If you want it, say it. It is as simple as that. Telepathy does work, but it is better to talk out than assume. Communication is key to any relationship, especially marriage.
- Marriage is the bed of roses: No Married couples are always happy. Married couples also fight and argue and quarrel. No two people can think the same way. So agree to disagree and respect the differences.
- Possessiveness: Being possessive is a way to show love. After a certain point, being possessive can get a little irksome. Everybody needs their own space, so learn to give and take space and enjoy your own things. It becomes essential.
5 Do's In Marriage
- Accept that a marriage has ups and downs, is not always a jolly happy ride.
- Give time and be patient, marriage takes time and evolves over a period of time.
- Build trust over a period of time.
- Be frank in expressing your opinion, even if not during an argument.
- Give each other space and respect it.
- Talk and plan finances because you need to be planning together.
5 Don'ts In Marriage
- Don’t try to gain the upper hand always - the dictatorship times are over.
- Don’t expect every celebration to be grand; time spent together doing simple things matter.
- Don’t get possessive with your partner.
- Don’t expect to be aware of every activity that he/she is involved in.
- Don’t impose your friends on your partner, unless they also enjoy their company. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My 12 year old daughter started to have periods 2 months ago. Problem is period starts timely but don't stop on its own. Bleeding is high and we had to give her medicine to stop. Pls advise if there is a concern regarding her health and course of check up. Thank.
My wife has ovarian cyst I visit so many doctors but didn't work and I wanted know about it what happened in it?
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.
Actually meri wife pregnant hai aur usse 6 month running hai problem ye hai ki uske pairon (legs) me Sujan aa gai hai Dard to nahi hota par kafi ful Gaya hai Aisa kyu.
Having PCOS plus my prolactin level is higher. Trying to conceive from 2 years but no luck at all. Dr. suggested weight loss but that is also not happening. Having few doubt as I heard dairy product is not allowed can I have curd. N spices like only green chilly It become difficult to eat without this both. Even I have to avoid sugars? As prolactin level is high I am confused. please reply as my Dr. is out of country And thanks in advance.
Heavy bleeding at the time of period in age of 49 is normal or not? And period frequency is also before 10 days. She always suffering from bleeding and heavy pain. I want to know that heavy bleeding and early periods is a sign of menopause or not? Is menopause possible in the age of 49? We should consult a gynecologist or not?
I had raised a query regarding my delayed menses. I had an abortion in the first week of December after which I had my period on Jan 10 and later on 6th Feb. This month I have still not got my period. When I took a pregnancy test on 7th of March it showed negative. I am confused regarding whether I have taken the test too early to believe it or the menstrual period is irregular after abortion?
Early indications of pregnancy are not generally perceived, but the modest changes in your body capacity might be telling you something. Here are some signs, which mean, perhaps you are pregnant.
- Missed Period or Late Period
The clearest indication of pregnancy is a missed period. However, a missed period doesn't always mean you are pregnant. If your period is late when your menstrual cycle is quite regular, it might be an indication of pregnancy.
- Swollen Breasts
Soreness or shivering in your breasts is one of pregnancy's most basic symptoms. Right on time in pregnancy, the breasts will round out and change shape as they get ready to deliver milk.
Nausea is among one of the most well-known symptoms of pregnancy. It's brought about by an increase in the hormone levels. Almost 80 percent of women experience "morning sickness" during the initial three months of pregnancy. For some, this sickness is not just confined to the mornings and may take place throughout the entire day.
After 5 to 10 days of conceiving, light spotting might be found when the embryo implants itself in the uterus.
- Enhanced Urine Frequency
If you're pregnant, your uterus puts pressure directly on the bladder prompting more urination. The additional weight and intestinal changes may bring about a blockage.
Women feel exceptionally tired and drained during pregnancy. Fatigue is one of the primary indications of pregnancy.
- Mood Swings
Avid emotional mood swings occur in women during pregnancy. If your temper is always fluctuating or going up and down, it may be an indication that you might be pregnant.
- Enhanced Sensitivity to Smell
Women during pregnancy develop an enhanced smell sensitivity. Any common or normal smell may seem to be intense and long lasting. This is a genuine signal.
- Darkening of the Areolas
Areolas are the circles around your nipples. During pregnancy, due to increased hormone secretion, the areolas become dark and wide. This is a common indication.
- Enhanced Craving for Food
Pregnancy increases the drive for food craving in women. Pregnant women find themselves consuming a huge amount of food, which is abnormal.
- Strange Metallic Taste in the Mouth
Some women may feel an odd metallic taste in their mouth, which may signify pregnancy.
Added pressure on the kidneys and bladder may lead to constipation in pregnant women. This is another indication.
These are some common signs, which may imply that you are pregnant, and should take a pregnancy test soon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Iam 29 years in this month end iam getting married so I have one query need to avoid pregnancy up to 1 yr. In my first nte what precautions I need to follow whether condoms or pills just suggest me.
In case the fertility odds are against your favour, you can undergo a procedure called IVF or in vitro fertilisation. It is a form of fertility treatment in which the sperms and eggs are combined in a laboratory. IVF is a very common fertility treatment procedure, involving modern technology. It is carried out by many women and couples worldwide. When you are facing ovulation problems and issues with the quality of eggs, have blocked fallopian tubes or if your male partner has a low sperm count, a sperm donor’s eggs are used via IVF to become pregnant.
The overall process of IVF involves several methods and steps:
- Ovarian stimulation: You will have to take a fertility drug called gonadotrophin eight to fourteen days before the beginning of your menstrual cycle. This will help to stimulate your ovaries for the development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilisation. You will also be given synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide.
- Development of follicle: You should be visiting your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a check-up of your blood hormone levels. Your ovaries will also be measured using ultrasound. This will allow the doctor to monitor the follicle development.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection when the follicles are prepared. This injection leads to full maturation of the eggs, making them ready for fertilisation. The eggs require a period of 36 hours for retrieval after receiving the trigger shot.
- Gathering of the eggs: An anesthetic will be given to you and an ultrasound probe will be inserted via your vagina for observation of the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle will be inserted through the vaginal wall with which the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilisation: The eggs will be observed one final time before being combined with your partner’s sperm. Then they will be incubated overnight. Fertilisation occurs during this period and the abnormal eggs do not get fertilised. Three days after the egg retrieval, some of the successfully fertilised eggs transform into embryos composed of six to ten cells. Within five days, some of these embryos turn into blastocysts composed of fluid-filled cavities and tissue. This separates into the baby and the placenta. The most viable embryos are placed in your uterus. One to five embryos are placed in your uterus by the insertion of a catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants itself to the uterus walls. Gradually, it develops into the baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher when there are multiple embryos.
Before thinking of undergoing IVF, you must consult a doctor to know about the entire process. You also need to know whether you are fit to undergo IVF as there are several criteria you should satisfy for IVF.
I am 35 years married woman. Since last 3 months I am having a problem of viginal itching and it is also giving bad smell. Please help me out what I should do ?
Yesterday was my wife's period's 4th and last day. We had sex last night without protection. Should she use pill? If there is any chance to be pregnant?
I am in depression so what to do I am getting headache daily as well as irregular periods please help me also at midnight i'm getting awake what should I do give me suggestion.
Hi I am a 25 year old married woman. We are not having children from past 4 years. When I tested, my fallopian tube is 2.1 cm in diameter was seen with infection/damage. I do not want to go for IVF, so any other cleaning type of process can be done to bring back to normal and get conceived.?
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I got married 7 months back. I am trying to conceive from last 6 months. But nothing could be happen. 1 or 2 times I felt morning sickness, weakness in body even I'll not able to do any work properly. At that time my periods delayed 2-3 days and after that I had clots in bleeding with allot of lower abdomen pain. Can you please explain me what's going wrong here?
Hii .I m married for 7yrs.Bt due to ovarian cyst i got irregulR periods.Nw i m havng period for 1month continue.I wanna get pregnant .But m.Not able to get pregnant.And here one local doctr told me to do open surgry.As my cyst size is bigger than orange.Duno wat to do morovr am working woman.My weight is increasing .M already bit faty.Pls help me.So that i can get pregnant
I Am 27 yrs. I had an abortion last yr, later this year I was diagnosed of staphylococcus which I treated twice. Now am married for the past five month I have been trying to have a child but no avail. Pls help my period is 28 days. I need a baby.
People who rarely fall ill and are able to undertake strenuous tasks are said to have a strong constitution. When talking in terms of health, constitution refers to a person’s physical and mental strength. The stronger your constitution, the healthier you are. Having a strong constitution also makes treatment more effective in case you do fall ill. Here are a few tips to help build a strong constitution.
- Eat a well-balanced diet: Missing out on important nutrients may not have immediate effects, but in the long run, will cause deficiencies and harm your constitution. Not following a healthy diet is also one of the most common reasons for reduced immunity. In a day you must eat 2-3 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables and at least one serving of carbs and proteins.
- Drink plenty of water: It isn’t enough to give your body all the nutrients it requires, you must also drink plenty of water so that your body can absorb these nutrients. Water plays an important role in every process of the body from the digestive system to the circulatory system. Water also helps eliminate wastes and toxins from your body.
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods have very little nutritional value but have a high fat content. Jams, packaged juices, breads, cakes etc. are packed with additional sugar that lead to weight gain and other problems associated with it. Instead, snack on fruits and nuts and drink freshly squeezed juice.
- Exercise daily: Exercise not only helps you regulate your weight, it also helps tone and strengthen muscles. Exercise also makes a person more flexible and boosts the immune system. Ideally, exercise outdoors early in the morning for half an hour a day but if that isn’t possible, break up your workout into smaller sections. Simple ways of incorporating exercise in your daily life are to use the stairs instead of the elevator or walk short distances.
- Meditate: Your mental health is as important as your physical health. Stress has a huge impact on your health and daily meditation is an easy way to deal with everyday stresses. Set aside time at the beginning of each day to quietly meditate and ready your mind for the day’s tasks.
- Get adequate sleep: Your body uses the time you are asleep to rebuild muscles and repair tissues. A person should ideally have an uninterrupted sleep of 8 hours a day. Sleep deficiency can lower your immunity, cause irritability and mood swings etc. To ensure you get a good night’s sleep, create and follow a sleep routine of going to bed and waking up the same time every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.