Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Lakhi MangalaniYour feedback matters!
My mind is always restless, I daydream a lot, I feel burden in my head, I had to work on the computer for 8 hours and also I uses smartphone most of the times. Does more usage of PC and mobile causes psychological problems. I have concentration problems and also I had squint in my left eye, I have 6 number in left eye But I have very less concentration. Does sitting on PC causes stress.
I started having symptoms a year ago. My vision went blurry, my ears started ringing & I got so dizzy. I have pressure in my ears like they are full and they both ring constantly. I am 27 years old male, I most definitely can't see straight, as my vision is just not right. Its making everything looks like blurry and foggy. I feel light headache, vertigo and inability to concentrate. I have Tmj also. Can tmj cause tinnitus?
Hi, I am 27 years old and have a severe problem with my vision especially when I am watching television or while I am working on my laptop / tablet. I work for a S/W MNC for last 2 years. please reply.
Sir, I am 65 years old keeping normal health. Sugar and BP normal. But I am having eye problems. Doctors diagnosed as cataract. My question is whether there is any treatment other than surgery. And in Ayurveda system of medicine whether there is any remedy for cataract in the eye.
My eyes all time reddish and also eye size very small how get bigger eyes and see clearly everything nd how get free of red eyes.
In my RE I have spherical of minus. 5 of sprecal and minus 1 cylindrical and in LE. 75 of only sphericAl. How to remove spectacles naturally without surgery? Please help.
I am 19 years old female. My eyesight is weak. Tell me some suggestions to make clear vision for my eyes. I have -3 number. And just tell me that is there any problem to my eyes if I am using contact lenses instead of wearing specs.
How to reduce my eye numbers I am a boy 21 year old I do not like wear specs, please say how to reduce it, it is possible or not? And operation is good or not?
I have red eyes over 4-5 days. And there is lot of itching and eyes should be contaminated with each other when I wake up in morning. Wat should I do. Consult me.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.