Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kishore ChitnisYour feedback matters!
How I can clean my intestine in order to achieve better digestion and get rid off from gastric problem?
It is an established fact that regular physical exercise has wonderful effects on the overall health of a person. People of all ages can reap the benefits of exercise that take manifestation in all the various systems of the human body.
One such healthy effect of exercise is that it can help control blood sugar levels. For those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, exercise works like any other drug in keeping blood glucose at an optimal level. It also helps in preventing further health complications that may be caused by this condition, such as heart disease or strokes.
How does exercise control blood sugar?
Exercise affects the body's blood glucose levels in the following ways:
- Exercising increases insulin sensitivity, which makes the body more capable of using insulin to take up available excess glucose in the bloodstream.
- Muscle contractions during exercise stimulate the cells to use up glucose to produce energy.
- Heightened cardiovascular activity while exercising burns through blood glucose a lot faster.
It is necessary to keep checking blood sugar levels at regular intervals, especially if you suffer from diabetes. Working out has different effects on different individuals, depending on the duration and intensity of exercise and the overall health and medical history of the person.
What are the best ways to use exercise to reduce blood sugar levels?
It is important to chalk out a suitable exercise routine that is tailored specifically to your individual needs. Consult a health care specialist or physical therapist for formulating the best possible workout regime for your specific requirements.
Most experts recommend engaging in moderately intense exercise for a minimum of 150 minutes in a week.
A few examples of activities that fall under this category are as follows:
- Brisk walking
- Squats and lunges
- Stretching exercises
One thing that diabetes patients should always keep in mind is that over-exercising must be avoided. Excessively strenuous workouts can lead to hypoglycemia (deficiency of blood glucose) which is a highly unsavory condition.
I asked before about my frequent urination of about every 30 minutes intervals and am not feeling any pain and am not ill. I was asked to do a sugar test, I did and the result was 3.7mml/. Wat do I do?
A peptic ulcer is usually found in the duodenum, or the first part of the small intestine. These ulcers can also be found in the delicate stomach lining near this region. These are usually painful sores that are caused due to too much acid production in the stomach, as well as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. The symptoms generally include heartburn, bloating, nausea, vomiting, and even blood discharge in stool and vomiting. So how can you treat these ulcers? Here's a short list of ways to do so.
- Medication: The most common way of treating peptic ulcers is to ingest proton pump inhibitors which can be prescribed by a general physician. These medicines will effectively stop the production of acid and reflux in the gastroesophageal band, so as to prevent the growth and production of such ulcers. Antibiotics can also help, especially in severe cases where there is a risk of infection due to the presence of these ulcers.
- Upper Endoscopy and Surgery: For severe cases where there is bleeding in the peptic ulcers, an upper endoscopy may also be conducted. This quick procedure can give relief from the bleeding. Also, many specialists might recommend surgery so as to treat an ulcer that has punched a hole in the stomach's wall, in which case the persistent bleeding cannot be stemmed even with an upper endoscopy.
- Lifestyle Choices: The presence of a peptic ulcer usually points to tobacco and alcohol abuse. If you happen to be over 50 years of age and are busy drinking copious amounts of alcohol every day and even chain smoking, then you may be at risk. It is best to stop such abuse by giving up smoking and drinking so as to ensure that the peptic ulcer can be treated and does not become a fatality. Also, drinking plenty of water and eating a proper balanced diet along with exercise are some of the best ways of treating these ulcers.
- Side Effects: Peptic ulcers may also arise as a side effect of having pain killers too frequently. So it is important to stay away from medication that gives rise to this kind of reaction in the body.
Managing and treating peptic ulcers is a matter of getting the right tests done for diagnosis before discussing further medication or surgery based treatment for the ulcer so that it does not pose any grave danger to the patient's body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.