Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
LASIK helps patients who are suffering from near-sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses).
This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions, making spectacle use mandatory:
- Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
- Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Why LASIK is popular for vision correction?
- It helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
- Quick results and recovery: This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
- Improved vision: A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
There is some eye problem occur with me in these running days when I am traveling then some time later I see a blur which make me blind, give few beneficial point about how to raise power of eyes sight.
My 11 years old daughter 's right eye side is SPH=-1. 25, CYL=-0.75,Axis=90,1/A=6/6 and her left eye side is SPH=-1. 50, 1/A=6/6. How to improve her eye side? What precautions to avoid the risk of of low vision? Please suggest.
Sir my friend suffering from retinal pigmentosa he wants to know at what age he will be almost blind did you saw any of retinal pigmentosa patients can able to maintain their vision is all retinal pigmentosa patients are same or they are different from losing their vision early can he can able to maintain vision upto 60 years of age is it possible please give advice how to maintain the vision.
My right eye has some problem. It seems fine when we look at it but when I close my eyes it feels like heaviness in my eyes. I m using eye drops like Himalaya and also one Cipro eye drops but of no avail. Please help me.
I have a problem with my eyes my eyes becomes deem when a light is posed an my eyes what should I do.
Hi Doctor, I feel tired almost all day, at the same time my eye's feel pain is this reason of sitting in front of laptop around 10 or 11 hour? Please suggest what should I do?
My right eyebrow is blinking from past 2 days on wards continuously, please suggest me what to do. There is no pain nothing just eyebrow is blinking.
I have lost 14 kg weight last year by dieting and exercise in 45 days. Later I became very week . Than I left all activities to loose weight and but now I have eye problem my eye no is -3 and -2.5 in both eyes, some hearing problem and hairfall till now a year passes in nov my eye has -2 no but in may its -3 . I am worried please suggest me what I have to do.
When I move my eyeballs right left up down its paining. Since yesterday. Please say what's the problem.
My right eye is continue red in 3days and drop in water more pain my eye now left eye started in pain.
My left eye is retina problem due to unclear vision and right eye is trend of glucoma. So what is the future of that? Many test, photo, doctors crossed over.
Cataract also called'motiyabin" in hindi. Phacoemusification also called phaco is the most common procedure done for removal of cataract in the world now.
Common public is often misguided by marketing professionals/staff in corporate/5 star hospitals to opt for expensive lenses without thinking whether patients actually needs them or not. Here is a complete summary of type of lens implanted in cataract surgery and it's pros and cons.
Fixed focus monofocal lenses-these lenses can help you see at a distance, but you'll need reading glasses to see up close.
Accommodating monofocal lenses (crysta lens)-a newer option, accommodating monofocal lenses, can shift from near to far vision in response to movements of the ciliary muscles in your eye, similar to the natural lens in a younger eye. These lenses offer excellent distance and middle vision, but they aren't as reliable for near vision. Eye exercises can help you get used to them, but about half of people who receive them still end up needing reading glasses.
Toric lenses-these specialized monofocal lenses are designed for people with astigmatism. Toric lenses offer focused vision at a single distance and correct your astigmatism, so you might not need distance glasses after surgery.
Multifocal lenses-like the bifocal or progressive lenses used in glasses, multifocal lenses have different areas designed for distance, intermediate, and near vision. The brain and eye figure out which part of the lens to use. The main drawback of multifocal lenses is they can distort bright light, creating more glare and halos at night.
Aspheric lens-designed to improve contrast sensitivity and visual clarity under certain circumstances.
Monovision-this implant technique uses a monofocal lens with a different power in each eye so that you don't have to use glasses for most of your daily activities. Your dominant eye is generally set for distance, and the other eye is set for near. Many people successfully use monovision with contact lenses. Successful monovision requires cataract surgery to each eye.
Consult online/book physical appointment www. Lybrate. Com/arjunkumarsingh or on lybrate app
Doctor has done 10000 phaco surgery and 50000 cataract surgery since 1986 in patna.
Are there any medicines or exercises for eye strain caused due to excessive exposure to laptop screen?
My husband is 52 years old. He is suffring from Rp With macular degeneration since 3 yrs. RP was detected before 22 yrs. But he was normal in vision. But last 3 years he get central vision loss. Now he is taking omega 3 one capa b.d nd spirulina. Pl gove me adv how can I save my rest vision of eye. Now he is using low vision aid to read in ofc. But unable to recognise people.
1) does acquired nystagmus cause eye strain eye pain or headache? 2) is there any very common phenomenon which cause involuntary eye moments and eye strain/ headache and vertigo except nystagmus?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.