Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaynto Ghokhle
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Jaynto GhokhleYour feedback matters!
Hello. My friend's name is rahul. He is 20 years old, he had a backpain since two month. He had many things to get relief but he can't got any relief, he gets only pain after any treatment. He was so worried about it, so please do something and help him.
I am 33years old, having backache since 3 months ago, had consult with ortho physician, advised for EFT Physio and taken, but still having frequently. Kindly advice.
I have pain in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th fingers of right foot. Also the the foot area immediately below these fingers is partially numb. I feel more cold near this part of my foot when I am sleeping and it is very irritating. I am able to carry on my daily routines without much problem but can, t walk more than about a kilometer after which it starts hurting. I am 75 yrs old &am still active without any major problem. Can you please suggest some remedy/exercise.
I am 56 years old and I am having severa pain my my bag side of the leg (kuthiangal) while walking. Pl. Advice me for curing this disease.
I'm having pain in my backbone for last 6 months. What should I do and which doctor should I visit like ortho neuro, etc?
My mother is suffering from cervical slip disc. She is having sever pain in arm and back of the right hand side. So please suggest the remedy. '
I am still studying. But I can't come back from my first love failure. How can I forget her and concentrate on study as soon possible.
She has a severe back pain? Sometime it starts paining when she sit for a longer duration of time? Is there any solution on this that can reveal back pain of her?
How to cure an eruption caused in the joint of lower lip and lower gum in the left side, Little inflammation and pain is there. Please let me know ASAP.
I am 54 year old, male.I have pain and stress in the muscles or veins at back side above the knee. It is not regular but happens sometimes. Also feel pain early morning in the ankles.
I am 46 years male and have back pain and chest bone pains for last 2 months and feeling weak also what should I do?
I am 25 year old and have cervical problem from past 1 year. Till now no permanent solution found. Please help.
For neck pain what should be done without any surgery since I am above 70 years old. Kindly suggest.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
Treatment includes overall body treatment and focused treatment of the affected joint. Oral medicines, oils and external applicants, detoxification and rejuvenation through panchakarma, diet changes, healthy lifestyle are all part of the treatment regimen. Oil and external application on the overall body and affected joints will help lubricate the joints and will allow easy movement. This will help reduce stiffness and improve range of motion.
Dietary changes: Reduce fats, sugar, salt and alcohol. Include a lot more of fish, soy, olive oil, low-fat dairy products, broccoli, green tea, citrus fruits, whole grains, beans, garlic and nuts and seeds. In addition to protein, these have various ingredients, which are useful for bone health and act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Some common panchakarma treatments include:
- Choorna Kizhi, where the person is made to assume different positions and mixtures of various herbs are applied to make the person sweat profusely.
- Abhyangam is a special oil massage lasting 45 minutes that the patient undergoes for 14 days. In addition to arthritis, it also helps control body ache, fight obesity, revitalises the whole system, induces sleep, and helps fight stress.
- Njavarakizhi is similar to the earlier Choorna Kizhi, various oils are used to massage the whole body while the patient is made to sit in different positions. There is also a Njavara rice that is cooked in milk to make a porridge and fed to the patient. This again is continued for 14 days.
The key to managing this condition is to seek help in as early stages of the disease as possible. When there are risk factors that put you at risk, reach out to seek medical help as soon as you realise onset of symptoms.
For a sportsman, coming face to face with sports injury is no big deal. But what is important is that he/she gets the correct treatment in order to recover fast and get back to the field, giving their best performance in their field of sports. With regular medical check ups, physiotherapy sessions, training sessions, exercises and gymnasium sessions, sports injuries are treated effectively. However, all variants of a treatment may not fit with all kinds of injuries. Thus, treatments are always injury-specific for a more effective progression.
Here are some of the most common sports injuries and their most effective treatments as prescribed by sports specialists.
- Ankle sprain: Ankle sprains are common among sportsmen and sportswomen when the ligaments of their ankles tear. Such injuries are very common, but also unfortunately, extremely painful and demand a lot of recovery time. With such an injury, even though they are advised bed rest, it is important to continue with some kinds of exercises. This would help in preventing the stamina and muscle strength in your ankles. It would also help you to recover fast.
- Knee injury: Another very common form of sports injury is the knee injury where one can experience excruciating pain. Although, proper rest and exercises heal most injuries in a month or two; those that are serious might even need a surgery.
- Tennis elbow: Tears in the tendons of the elbow due to its recurring use can cause tennis elbow. It has a natural healing process with just a few exercises. In fact, it is recommended you give proper rest to the elbow so that it can heal faster. Even after healing, to avoid chances of recurring tennis elbow, stress should be lowered in this part of the body.
- Hamstring Strain: Hamstring is that part of the body, which is formed by three muscles behind your thigh. Hamstring is mostly a forgotten part of the body and one hardly remembers it. But, it is very prone to sprains and injuries, if exercises involving the hamstring are not carried out properly. In fact, there are specific exercises pertaining to hamstring, which are performed to prevent it from injuries. Hamstring injuries have a very long recovery period. It might actually take up to a year for full recovery because it experiences constant pressure when you walk, letting it heal slowly. Thus, incorporating hamstring exercises in your daily routine would help in faster healing of such injuries.
These are some of the most common types of sports injuries and the methods of treating them as recommended by medical practitioners. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.