Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayesh PatilYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 years male. I'm suffering from heavy kind of hair fall. In front it is bald. Can I regrow hair in the bald region.
My mom has heavy dark circle in eye side (upper to lower) is it possible to remove dark circle. My mom is 47 years old.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started.
I my face there are full of acne My face is looking very ugly How can I able to destroy that acne totally from my face.
I have hairloss problem please help me out for this problem. please suggest regarding this problem or any suggestions.
Hello sir I have pimples on my face which are pain full and I am facing this problem from past 3 years out over come sir?
Nowadays, hair fall and thinning are conditions that most people face and are tired of trying new treatments to fix them. There are numerous treatments, but most have been proven to have certain adverse effects. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an alternative medicine category, which uses not so strong chemicals or drugs, but slowly and steadily treats body ailments.
Causes of hair fall
- Various skin diseases that affect the scalp. For example, fungal infections known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea, lichen planus, eczema
- Various hormonal changes
- Nutritional deficiency, especially lack of iron in diet
- Various drugs that are taken for treatment of joint pains, high blood pressure, depression or cancer
- Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, hypothyroidism etc.
- Hairstyles of individuals, especially those who fall prey to the latest trends in styling. For example, tight pony tails or braids, indiscriminate usage of heat and colour to the hair.
Homeopathic treatment to prevent hair loss
Before any homeopathic medicine is prescribed to individuals, a detail of their case history is required to be studied. Here is a list of homeopathic medicines which help in controlling and preventing hair fall.
- The various skin diseases on the scalp can be a major reason for hair fall. This may occur due to extreme itching or numerous acrid discharges from the lesions that have occurred. Homeopathic medicines like Psorinum are used to treat hair loss caused due to discharge from skin lesions. Another medicine is Mercurius Solubilis; this also helps in relieving the scalp from the lesions and discharges.
- In case of hair loss due to excess dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali suphuricum are the medicines that can be used.
- In case of hair loss due to childbirth or menopause, Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis can be excellent medicines for effective treatment. Another treatment can be Sepia officinalis.
- The hair fall caused by anaemia can be treated by using Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phorphorica.
- For alopecia, phophorus, calcarea, fluoricum acidum, vinca minor, carbonica are used.
- In order to fight baldness, medicines like Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, Lycopodium clavatum can be prescribed.
These are just a few treatments in a nutshell, but there are numerous others to be discussed. To know the right medicine for you, you can always consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner.
I have a lot of pimples and pimple scars in my face and no matter what I do they don't go away. So I was wondering what should I do in order to have a good skin.
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.