Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaydeep ShindeYour feedback matters!
My wife has thyroid from past 10 years and taking medicine and now she has migraine, what is the cause and treatment for both.
Please tell me how to loose weight, i also walk but it has no effect on me, I am a diabetic patient also I have a lot of hair fall .
What are the symptoms of diabetics and how should we prevent them to occur on beginning stage n tips to prevent diabetics.
He having thyroid disease. Is homeopathy better for thyroid. He is been having tablet for 4 years. He really want to stop the tablet.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms of diabeties. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.
My father is having thyroid problem. He wants to know y it is caused & by what thyroid hormone levels increase are decrease.
I am 65 years old and diabetic controlled at times I get my head rolling for sometime and finds me in difficult at times not able to move, is it due to blood sugar come down or has it gone up? what I a m supposed to do/what is the reason behind it/ what medicine I should take in such circumstances please advise. .
There is any homeopathy tablet to reduce my thyroid level from 4.49 to 2.00 ml Please do name the tablet. Thanks.
How to control cholesterol and can we use sugar free powder for diabetes person is dat good for health.
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism few days ago. Can you please tell me that is there any food or drinks to avoid during this medication? Or any other precaution to take.
Diabetes mellitus is a serious medical condition in which your body does not produce enough insulin, the hormone that breaks-down sugar, or is not able to use it properly. So, what happens is that your blood sugar levels shoot up damaging your kidneys, heart, brain, nerves, eyes, and blood vessels. It is diagnosed through a blood test after you have fasted overnight.
Type 1 diabetes is different from type 2 diabetes. Type 1 is predominantly a genetic disorder and is found in even babies but type 2 diabetes is the one we develop as adults mostly because of our eating habits, lifestyle and diet.
If you have diabetes, your doctor will counsel you about making serious changes to your diet to reduce your risk of developing complications. Your doctor will also mandate losing 5-10 percent of your body weight if you are overweight and exercising more to get rid of blood sugar by burning it.
Portion size control for diabetics
- Portion control which essentially means how much you eat at every meal—is key in helping you manage type 2 diabetes.
- Portion control also reduces your calorie intake and leads to weight loss which in turn improves your body’s insulin sensitivity and leads to manageable blood glucose levels.
- Truth be told, if you have type 2 diabetes, you need to lose weight even if you are not obese. Carrying even a slight bit of extra weight can increase insulin resistance which means that your body can no longer properly use insulin.
This is why portion control is critical to managing diabetes. So downsize your portions and get rid of carbs, especially the processed carbs like pasta, cookies, dessert and sodas, to stay healthy.
What goes on your plate?
According to the American Diabetes Association, your plate at each meal must have lots of non-starchy vegetables and smaller portions of starchy foods like potatoes. Proteins and fats especially the healthy fats are good for you as they don’t trigger insulin.
Here are some tips for portion control at mealtimes
- Draw an imaginary line in the centre of your plate.
- Divide one side of your plate yet again so your plate is split into 3 sections.
- Half of your plate should be filled with non-starchy vegetables like carrots or cauliflower.
- One fourth of your plate should be filled with protein or lean meat like egg, turkey or tuna.
- The other one-fourth of your plate should be filled with a good carb like whole grain bread.
- This method can be followed for breakfast as well.
For the first meal of the day, eat small portions of healthy foods like a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for protein. Following these portion control basic guidelines will lead to guaranteed results in your weight as well as your blood glucose levels. But you need to be patient. It takes about 3 months for the results to start showing so keep up the hard work for your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.