Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayant R Maheshwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant R MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
Hi ma'am I want to ask. How can my wife pregnant. Because I am hiv positive and she is negative. And we want atleast one baby. Please suggest me. I heard about sperm wash how it works and cost?
Having soybean is good r bad for health. When trying to conceive. If there is no cervical fluid 1 week before periods do I have chances of getting pregnant my endometrium was 0.98 cm on my 17th day.
Dear Doctors, My wife R. Rajalakshmi 53 years old still having menses problem, having heavy bleeding, still she has not got her menopause, why we are going to get our 60 the Marriage on 30.7. 2016, that time she should not have this bleeding problem, what we have to do. Please help us Regards V. R. Ravi 7502233727.
On August 27th I had 2nd miscarriage and bleed for 10 days and after my periods came back on regular basis. And now whenever we are having intercourse I start bleeding. I just wanted to know the reason for this. Could I get a perfect information regarding this. Please help.
How to know that I am pregnant. And which age is perfect for pregnant. And which day is best for baby conceive.
Female age 56 years. Want to do hysterotomy. How can it be done with minimum pain and not much of bed rest.
I had protected sex with my partner 7 days back. It was first time for her and she had severe stomach ache for 2-3 days and now is feeling constipated. Her next periods are due on 15-16th of this month. Though we cross checked our protection, i. E, the condom leakage and everything was fine and I'm pretty much sure that I didn't ejaculated in her, is there still any chance of pregnancy looking at the symptoms. Should we go through a pregnancy test now or after the periods are missed, if so happens? Kindly help.
In case the fertility odds are against your favour, you can undergo a procedure called IVF or in vitro fertilisation. It is a form of fertility treatment in which the sperms and eggs are combined in a laboratory. IVF is a very common fertility treatment procedure, involving modern technology. It is carried out by many women and couples worldwide. When you are facing ovulation problems and issues with the quality of eggs, have blocked fallopian tubes or if your male partner has a low sperm count, a sperm donor’s eggs are used via IVF to become pregnant.
The overall process of IVF involves several methods and steps:
- Ovarian stimulation: You will have to take a fertility drug called gonadotrophin eight to fourteen days before the beginning of your menstrual cycle. This will help to stimulate your ovaries for the development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilisation. You will also be given synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide.
- Development of follicle: You should be visiting your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a check-up of your blood hormone levels. Your ovaries will also be measured using ultrasound. This will allow the doctor to monitor the follicle development.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection when the follicles are prepared. This injection leads to full maturation of the eggs, making them ready for fertilisation. The eggs require a period of 36 hours for retrieval after receiving the trigger shot.
- Gathering of the eggs: An anesthetic will be given to you and an ultrasound probe will be inserted via your vagina for observation of the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle will be inserted through the vaginal wall with which the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilisation: The eggs will be observed one final time before being combined with your partner’s sperm. Then they will be incubated overnight. Fertilisation occurs during this period and the abnormal eggs do not get fertilised. Three days after the egg retrieval, some of the successfully fertilised eggs transform into embryos composed of six to ten cells. Within five days, some of these embryos turn into blastocysts composed of fluid-filled cavities and tissue. This separates into the baby and the placenta. The most viable embryos are placed in your uterus. One to five embryos are placed in your uterus by the insertion of a catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants itself to the uterus walls. Gradually, it develops into the baby. The chances of pregnancyare higher when there are multiple embryos.
Before thinking of undergoing IVF, you must consult a doctor to know about the entire process. You also need to know whether you are fit to undergo IVF as there are several criteria you should satisfy for IVF.