Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JainYour feedback matters!
I have tanning on my face. I'm a sardar so I wear turban. Please tell me how I remove tanning on my face.
Sir My age is 21 and little bit tan. What should I do to glow / fair my skin. I am using melamate from 2 days. Is it useful?
How to bring our skin colour back. I want my make my skin as I was. How to whiten my skin. What should I do?
Hi! Doctor I am 18 years old 2 years before I got bike accident I got 3 stitches in my forehead and 2 stitches in my chin I don't have any pain but just its looking ugly so it can be cured by scar revision treatment.
Rosacea is a medical condition of the skin that affects people across the globe. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown to scientists and there is still no permanent solution to this. However, heredity is believed to be one of the causes of rosacea. They are small and red in appearance, often filled with pus. They are fairly visible on forehead, nose, and cheeks. They occur in cycles, and temporarily go away only to come back within a short interval of time.
There are four kinds of rosacea, namely erythematotelangiectatic, papulopustular, rhinophyma and ocular. Every rosacea type has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea can get worse if there is a tendency of eating spicy food and alcohol consumption. Ayurveda is known to be a great treatment option for treating rosacea. Here is a set of Ayurvedic treatment options that could fetch great results:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It can treat a range of skin diseases, such as skin aging, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Not to mention it is one of the finest elements to treat rosacea. Experts of Ayurveda suggest consuming one spoon of turmeric on a daily basis to avoid skin inflammation and other skin problems. It can be taken in the form of juice, with food, and capsule.
- Carrots and beets: Carrots and beets are one of the best forms of iron. The latter is required for the normal functioning of the skin. Deficiency of it can cause the skin to be dry and sallow. Beets and carrots have the ability to control rosacea. They can be consumed daily with food or in the form of juice.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is more commonly known as east Indian ginseng. They are one of the most powerful herbs to treat rosacea. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it strengthens the skin from within and helps in getting rid of rosacea puss. Ashwagandha can be applied in the form of an extract every alternate day to fetch great results.
- Honey: Honey is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. They directly attack the rosacea causing virus and do not let them spread. Honey can also bring down the reddish patches that are so common of rosacea. Honey should be applied on the face before taking a bath or sleeping, and washed away with warm water after 1 to 2 hours.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an ancient medicinal plant that is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and calcium. They help the skin to glow and remove the reddish patches on the face. Its anti-inflammatory nature does not allow the pus to form. It is also considered to be an anti-itching agent. It can be consumed daily in meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Are you unhappy with the results of shaving, waxing or tweezing for removing the unwanted hair from your body? You should opt for laser hair removal for this purpose, which is considered to be much more effective than the regular methods. Laser hair removal is a very common cosmetic procedure which is undertaken popularly. It involves the exposure of your body hair follicles to beams of highly concentrated laser light. The pigments present in your follicles absorb this light, which results in the destruction of the hair.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal-
Lasers are quite effective in removing unwanted hair from areas such as the legs, face, arms, underarms and other different body parts. The various benefits of laser hair removal include the following:
Precision: Lasers can target dark, coarse hairs selectively without causing any damage to the surrounding skin.
Speed: Every pulse of laser takes less than a fraction of a second, during which many hairs are treated together. The laser is capable of treating an area which is the size of a quarter within a second. Areas such as the upper lips take less than one minute to be treated, while large areas may require an hour.
Predictability: The results of laser hair removal are highly predictable and most people get to have permanent hair loss after undertaking three to seven treatment sessions.
Your hair, which will get treated is usually trimmed to a few millimeters above your skin surface. The laser device is adjusted according to your hair colour, thickness and location.
You will be made to wear proper eye protection, depending on the type of laser being used. The outer layers of your skin are also protected using a cold gel or a cooling device. This helps the laser to penetrate your skin. After this, a full pulse light is exposed to the area concerned. After completion of the process, you will be given ice packs, cold water and anti-inflammatory creams for easing any discomfort you feel.
For a few days after a laser hair removal session, your treated skin area may look and feel like a sunburn. You need to apply moisturisers for healing. You can wear make-up if the treatment has been undertaken on your skin. The treated hair falls out within the next one month. You should wear sunscreen for preventing colour changes on your treated skin area. In people with a dark complexion, blisters are sometimes likely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
My father was 50 years old suffering all body are red marks and allergy problem and also itching problem.
Sleeplessness and iron deficiency can cause dark circles; and in such cases, adequate rest and plenty of iron-rich foods and supplements are enough. But sometimes, dark circles can be resilient and refuse to go away. If you find your dark circles not receding, no matter how much supplements you take and rest you get, chances are they are caused by hyper pigmentation.
What is Pigmentation?
When patches of skin darken due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production, it is called pigmentation. Common manifestations of pigmentation are freckles, age spots, brown spots and, most primarily dark circles. The causes of pigmentation include:
1. Sun exposure- age spots are caused by sun exposure, especially in older skin
2. Scarring- acne, burns or abrasions can cause scarring, which darkens the skin
3. Genetics- freckles are genetic, and factors such as hormones or sun exposure can worsen them
4. Pregnancy- patches of skin on the face or abdomen darken during pregnancy
The most common method to treat pigmentation caused dark circles is hydroquinone, which is an ingredient that lightens skin. When hydroquinone is used in creams, it takes a long time for it to come into effect. Dark circles may take a long time to completely fade away.
Laser Treatment for Dark Circles
If all the anti-pigmentation creams fail you, and even the dermatologist said that hydroquinone would take too long, the best option available for you is laser treatment for hyper pigmentation. Laser treatment uses beams of concentrated light to remove the pigmentation from underneath your eyes. At the same time, it reduces any other problems you may have, such as acne, fine lines or wrinkles. Sometimes, laser skin resurfacing would be used together with laser treatment for pigmentation. This ensures lasting effects and clearer complexion. However, you must consult a dermatologist before opting for laser treatment, since it is not recommended for everyone. For instance, people with sensitive skin must talk to a doctor before undergoing treatment. Also, laser treatment should be your last resort if other methods fail (such as limiting sun exposure or changing cosmetic creams).