Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaidheep ShindeYour feedback matters!
I love eating sweets and sugar much more. Everybody is telling that it is very dangerous. It causes diabetes. Is really it causes diabetes? How diabetes will come?
Hello sir. My brother who is a diabetic patient. 40 years old. Today only on test get results as 295 on fasting and 394 after food. please suggest the medicine and precaution as early as possible.
I have done my thyroid exam. It shows that t3 and t4 level is normal but tsh level is 5.43. Am I suffering from thyroid?
According to some professional doctors, if I am not pre diabetic patient, Fbs show show 70 to 110, for me it will show 114, 112& some time it show 97 and PPbs normal showed be 80 to 140, mines it shows 135, 138 & 125 like that, but HbA1c - 5.6,really I don't have pre diabetes? Bcoz of this tension I am suffering from headache, not only me becoz of my behaviour my kids are very sad, even my husband is fully tension. Now what had happened means every intake in take after that I want test the reading, it has become habit since from one week. I am became nervous due to this change in my body. Next week we planned to go for vocational, even I think I won't enjoy their also due to this fully diet. I am fully confused what to eat r not to eat.
Diabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level rises in your body either due to less insulin level in the body or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. The foods you eat have a major role in controlling your blood sugar levels. You need to pick your foods wisely to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking.
The various foods that you should be eating if you have diabetes are:
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate contains good amounts of flavonoids that help in improving insulin sensitivity and limits food cravings. It also reduces your chances of heart attack.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in fiber that helps you in managing your blood sugar levels. They also contain anthocyanins that assist in regulating your blood sugar levels.
3. Fish: Fish is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body, thus reducing your chances of heart problems. Fish is also a good source of protein that helps you in feeling fuller.
4. Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that help in reducing your chances of heart diseases and diabetes.
5. Oranges: Make sure you eat plenty of oranges as they are rich in vitamin C and they reduce the risk of diabetes. You may also opt for broccoli or strawberries.
The various foods you should avoid are:
1. White rice: White rice is a refined grain which, when consumed, tends to spike your blood sugar levels. You can instead opt for brown rice.
2. Bananas: Banana may contain vitamins and minerals, but are also rich in carbohydrates. Instead, opt for fruits like berries that are not only rich in fiber and antioxidants, but also have a low glycemic index.
3. Sugary foods: The term sugary foods is used to describe foods such as pastries, cakes and cookies. These foods are carbohydrate rich and do not contribute much in making the body healthy. Instead, replace them with natural foods such as chickpeas and peanuts.
4. Dried fruit: Various dried fruits contain high concentration of sugar, which happens due to the dehydration process by which they are formed. So replace them with fresh fruits such as guava and peaches to control your blood sugar levels.
Amongst all other dry-fruits, Almonds and Walnuts can be had in moderation as they contain essential fatty acids and do not effect blood sugars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.