Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagdish WaghelaYour feedback matters!
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain. Additionally, laser surgery is a technique, which uses a sharp and strong beam of light to destroy the wart tissue from the skin. The surgical process is usually performed at a doctor's clinic or chamber, under proper medical supervision.
When should you consider laser surgery?
Ideally a laser surgery should be your last resort to remove a wart when all the other means of removing a wart have failed. You should opt for a laser surgery only under the following circumstances:
- Medicines have not been able to remove the wart
- Warts are large and widespread
- Appearance of warts during pregnancy (only after consulting your doctor)
What should you keep in mind? Before opting for surgery:
A laser surgery is a quite complicated process, but its effects are rapid and effective. Some of the things to be kept in mind before you actually opt for a laser treatment are as follows:
- Laser technology does not lead to scarring on the skin
- The surgery requires a local anesthetic, which is used for making the affected body part numb
- Laser treatments should not be used as an initial treatment
- It is a sure shot way to remove warts
After a laser surgery the wound is generally painful depending upon the intensity, location and number of warts that are removed. Some of the probable outcomes of a laser surgery are as follows:
- Bleeding of warts lasting upto 1 week
- Mild to severe pain
- Short lived fever
- Yellowish discharge, which is to be cleaned
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.