Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Hrishikesh SamantYour feedback matters!
There is rubbed part occur over both part of my anus. What medicine should I use to cure my this disease.
She is being diagnosed with Carcinoma in Sigmoid colon 1st stage please suggest us with further procedure.
I had blood in stool few times. It is not appearing continuously. 3 or 4 times in a month. While this is happens my stomach goes worse and I feel digestion problem.
My BMI is within limit 26 and I have fatty liver. I am non alcoholic & non smoker. Last time I did scanning for different reason and doctors said no major. Please suggest.
I'm 25 year old male, working as sales officer. I've got jaundice before 6 years, but now when the time of taking oily foods, my stomach will get upset n gas problem, also late digestion. So can't able to eat any type of oily foods and all Is this because of any liver problem.
My bilirubin levels are always above 1. Precisely 1-1.6. But LFT is normal. Gall bladder syndrome has any issues or serious health problems? Treatment needed for this situation?
I am 23 year old female. I am having pain in the right side of my abdomen for the past four months. Sometime the pain will give me a feel like pinching. please suggest me.
How is to increase the weight and the height with help of the veg food. And how increase digestive capacity?
I'm suffering from hyper acidity I tried omaze but it's not working yesterday I had severe heart pain I thought it is heart attack the pain is so severe please some one help me out I'm suffering dis pbrlm from 4 months sleep less nights help me out.
Hello doctor, I am suffering from severe acidity, gas and some time pain in stomach from the last ten days. Currently taking gelusil and zandu pancharisht. But not get benefited from these medicines. Please give some medicine.
I'm Shabarish 21 old boy I'm suffering from gastric and my stomach is swollen whenever I eat so what remedies can I take to overcome this problem please instruct me whether to take treatment or to solve this eating time to time sir.
It is important for you to know about inflammatory bowel disease or IBD, it is a group of intestinal disorders, which leads to prolonged inflammation of your digestive tract. The digestive tract is made of the mouth, stomach, oesophagus, small intestine and large intestine. It performs the task of breaking down food, removing unusable materials and waste products, and for breaking down nutrients from food. Inflammation along with the digestive tract causes disruption in this process. IBD is a fatal condition which can be life threatening in some cases.
Major types of inflammatory bowel disease
The term inflammatory bowel disease is an umbrella term under which many diseases are included. The two major and most common diseases under IBD are ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae) can lead to inflammation in any part of your digestive tract. It commonly affects the small intestine’s tail end. In case of ulcerative colitis, inflammation takes place in the large intestine.
Causes of IBD
Although the exact cause of IBD is not known, several factors may lead to this condition. They are as follows:
- Genetics: You are more likely to develop IBD if someone in your family has the disease. This is because of the genetic component of IBD.
- The immune system: The body’s immune system plays a role in IBD. Usually, your immune system defends your body from pathogens. A bacterial or viral infection in the digestive tract may lead to an immune response. The digestive tract becomes inflamed as the body fights against the bacteria or viruses. The inflammation goes away when the infection is gone.
However, in the case of IBD, the digestive tract inflammation may occur without any infection. Your immune system attacks your body’s cells. This is called an autoimmune response. IBD can also occur when the infection is cured, but the inflammation remains.
The various symptoms of IBD depend on the severity and location of the inflammation. They are as follows:
- Diarrhoea which occurs when the bowel cannot reabsorb water.
- Bleeding ulcers which cause blood to show up in your stool.
- Stomach pain, bloating and cramping because of bowel obstruction.
- Weight loss and anaemia, which leads to delayed development and growth in children.
- In patients with Crohn’s disease, canker sores may develop in the mouth.
- Ulcers and fissures may appear on the anus or genital area.
- IBD may also be associated with problems such as eye inflammation, arthritis and skin disorders.
The major complications which may arise from IBD include colon cancer, malnutrition with weight loss, fistulas, intestinal rapture and bowel obstruction. It is important for you to consult a doctor on noticing any of the IBD symptoms.
My mother is suffering from insomnia and some time she have headache and gas problem in stomach then what is the guidelines for solution of these disease.
Heartburn can be a very discomforting condition and affects almost everyone at some point in his or her life. This is a condition wherein the stomach acids back up through the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation, especially near the chest area. Quick-relief medications can help you deal with them for a particular episode. However, recurring deposits might warrant changes in diet and lifestyle. Some of the long and short term remedies are mentioned below:
Short term remedies to deal with heartburn
- Eat a banana or an apple: A few slices of banana and apples can introduce acids into your stomach which will counteract the stomach acids and thus help reduce heart burn.
- Use baking soda and water as a home remedy: This is another quick fix if you don’t have anything at home when suffering from heartburn. If you mix half to a full spoon of baking soda with water and then drink slowly, it will immediately help relieve symptoms. However, don’t make this a regular remedy as it may cause side effects such as nausea and swelling.
- Ginger root tea: Making tea with ginger is another great home remedy which can easily relieve heart burn.
- Chew gum when you have heartburn: This is helpful as the constant stimulation within the mouth due to chewing gum helps with saliva production. The excess production of saliva helps wash away the acids that have built up in the stomach. Once the acid recedes, it helps in relieving or eliminating heartburn.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Drinking aloe vera juice helps in relieving heart burn very easily. It helps control inflammation in both the esophagus and the stomach and relieves pain from heartburn. However, regular use isn’t recommended as it can act like a laxative.
Long term lifestyle changes
- Change your Sleeping habits: Try to sleep on the left side of your body and ensure that your upper body is in a slightly raised position as this will stop the stomach acids form coming up into the esophagus.
- Watch what you eat, when you eat and how quickly you eat: It is advisable to not only maintain a fixed time of eating but also try to eat slowly as it give the stomach more time to adjust in digesting the food, thereby ensuring controlled secretion of the acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: These are common triggers for heartburn and avoiding them will show results in a relatively short period of time. It is advisable to stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to once a week or even lesser.
- Wear loose fitting clothes: Wear clothes which are loose as this would free up your stomach. Tight clothing can push stomach acids up the esophagus and it is advisable to loosen up clothing to relieve symptoms.