Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harshal ThakkerYour feedback matters!
Fluoride treatment is commonly given to children as their teeth are developing. If a child has a history of cavities or are at high risk of decay, he or she should use additional fluoride to promote remineralization. Often children get fluoride treatment done every six months for extra protection against cavities.
Dr Puja Bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://www.prudentdentalclinic.com
I am 46 years old male. I had cavity between two teeth (5,6) last year I have gone for capping. One teeth was capped. After that it started paining and again doctor told to cap the other teeth attached with the already capped teeth. Again I have done capping for other teeth also. Even than sometimes it pains and food get stuck in between the two capped teeth though there ia no gap between the two capped teeth. When contacted dentist I was told to do gargle only with salty warm water. Please advise.
Doctor I have a small lump in my tongue for the last 15 years it is neither increasing in size nor it is decreasing. Is it a cause of concern. What is your suggestion please. I am 55 years old. Thank you.
I have got ulcers in my mouth all around. It's paining a lot when I am trying to eat or talk. Please suggest me some solution to it?
Having a bad breath smell is considered a social stigma. Also known as halitosis, it refers to the unpleasant odor that can be sensed when the affected person opens his/her mouth. When in the company of a person with bad breath smell, many people tend to cover their nose. The most frequent cause for this malady is the bacterial growth in the mouth. So, you need to find ways of avoiding the accumulation of bad bacteria in your mouth in order to eliminate bad breath. A very common cause that encourages bacterial growth is having a dry mouth.
The treatment for bad breath varies from oral hygiene, to avoiding certain kinds of foods, particularly those causing a reduction in the production of saliva. Some helpful ways of treating bad breath are mentioned below. You'll also discover the reasons that make them effective.
1. Brush your teeth, followed by gargling, at the end of each meal: it helps eliminating the food particles that may be left in your mouth. These tiny particles can cause a foul smell as they start decaying.
2. Scrap the tongue: your tongue has millions of infinitesimal hairs, where bacteria gets trapped and causes bad breath. You can recognize the presence of bacteria on your tongue as it gets coated with a white layer.
3. Chewing sugar-free gum encourages the flow of saliva, while a dry mouth encourages the growth of bacteria. So, if you keep your mouth hydrated, the bacterial growth is eliminated or restricted.
4. Visit your dentist periodically: your dentist can discover if any gum problems or perhaps a decayed tooth are the cause of bad odor. For instance, that filling in your tooth may have cracked, or it might be inefficiently positioned, allowing food particles to get deposited there, resulting to a bad breath.
5. Avoid mouthwashes and breath fresheners that contain alcohol: though such formulations help masking bad odors for a while, they also dry the mouth quickly, and thus facilitate undesired bacterial growth.
6. Apply peppermint oil: this solution may be applied with or even without using a toothbrush. It has mouth refreshing properties, and it helps killing unwanted bacteria.
7. Use baking soda: a proven treatment for bad breath is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It also helps keeping a good oral health.
8. Consume leafy green vegetables: many people are not aware that chlorophyll, as available in leafy green vegetables, helps keeping your breath fresh all the time. So, start eating such vegetables regularly.
9. Avoid certain foods: toxic foods, such as spicy meats and certain varieties of cheese, including blue and Camembert, should be avoided, as they encourage the formation of gases in the stomach, and these tend to escape through the mouth, causing a foul smell.