Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hari Vardhan Bhanusali
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hari Vardhan BhanusaliYour feedback matters!
1. Lowers cholesterol
#papaya is rich in fibre, #vitaminc and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in #calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin c, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent #food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don't have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in vitamin a which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.
6. Protects against arthritis
Arthritis can be a really debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin c which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay. A study published in annals of the rheumatic diseases showed that people who consumed foods low in vitamin c were three times more likely to have arthritis than those who didn't.
7. Improves digestion
In today's times, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating foods that are bad for your digestive system. Often we find ourselves eating junk food or restaurant food prepared in excessive quantities of oil. Eating a papaya daily can make up for such occasional mistakes, as it has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve your digestive health.
8. Help ease menstrual pain
Women who are experiencing menstrual pain should help themselves to several servings of papaya as an enzyme called papain helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
9. Prevents signs of ageing
All of us would love to stay young forever, but no one in this world has managed to do it. Still, healthy habits like eating a papaya daily will prolong the process and may make you look 5 years younger than you are. Papaya is rich in vitamin c, vitamin e and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
10. Prevents cancer
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to reduced risk of colon and prostate cancer.
11. Help reduce stress
After working hard for the whole day, it is a good idea to come home to a plate papayas. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like vitamin c which can keep you free from stress. According to a study conducted at the university of Alabama, found that 200 mg of vitamin c can help regulate the flow of stress hormones in rats.
Dear sir, A gynec doctor suggest to take siphene 50- 5 tab after thir day of period. please help shall we make sex relation ship during having these tablets.
Hello, am 27 years old, married woman .I am suffering from pcod from last 2 years .i have irregular periods .in fact I get in periods by taking tablet like regestrone n meprate .I want to plan for a baby .I have consulted many Dr. .but still my periods r nt normal.
Hello doctor I am taking birth control pill regularly. And I know it has many more side effects but I want to continue that pill and I.e unwanted 21. Is it create any serious health issue. If it is then please let me know what to do? I have to change my medicine or any thing else which may resolve my problems contaminated that problem and everything will be all right.
Mam /sir her period was not stop before 5 to 7 days ago her periods was stop and she is suffering from fever and her platelets was 40000 only we admit her but the bleeding is continually going on they did not stop so please tell me what is that it is serious or not.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
The thyroid is a small gland that controls metabolism and growth. Silent thyroiditis is a common autoimmune disorder that affects the thyroid gland. It causes an inflammation of the thyroid gland and is characterized by mild symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. It is known as Silent thyroiditis because this condition is not painful in any way. Silent thyroiditis is also known as lymphocytic thyroiditis or subacute lymphocytic thyroiditis.The cause of this condition is unknown and hence it is not possible to prevent it. This is one of the least common disorders to affect the thyroid gland. However, middle aged women are at the highest risk of suffering from this condition. Other risk factors include a family history of thyroid disorders, certain autoimmune diseases, removal of the adrenal gland or treatment for cancer.
Some of the symptoms of silent thyroiditis are:
- Increased sensitivity to heat and cold
- Erratic bowel movements
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Increased appetite
- Irritability and nervousness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Excessive sweating
If you notice such symptoms, you must consult a doctor. To determine a silent thyroiditis diagnosis, a thorough physical examination and a few tests are required. The physical examination focuses on the size of the thyroid gland, heart rate and presence of tumors if any. A blood test will also be required to check thyroid hormone levels such as T3, T4 and TSH levels. Your doctor may also ask for an ultrasound of the thyroid gland and an imaging test to determine iodine radioactive uptake.
Silent thyroiditis has a good prognosis and patients usually recover within one year. The acute phase typically lasts only three months. Most patients do not require any form of treatment for this condition but regular checkups are advised to keep track of the disease. In rare cases, medical treatment may be required. For example, if the patient complains of increased heart palpitations or excessive sweating, beta blockers may be prescribed to lower the heart rate. The patient is advised to get plenty of rest and avoid any stressful situations.
In some cases, silent thyroiditis may lead to permanent hypothyroidism. In such cases, medication may be prescribed to normalize the thyroid hormone levels. In some cases, thyroid hormone replacement therapy may also be advised. Surgery and radioactive iodine treatment a not required to treat silent thyroiditis. However, even after the symptoms subside, a close follow up is required to check thyroid hormone levels. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!