Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gourav Trivedi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Gourav TrivediYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from feeling energy less from childhood. It affects my personality and confidence too. I fear to do heavy and continue work. Please tell possible reasons and treatment for this problem.
I am suffering from ocd my I have excessive negative thoughts what can I do I am also taking medicines from my local doctor but they are only giving. Medicines and exercises and not giving any therapy. please suggest me best treatment to cure this disease as soon as possible so that I can consult.
Hi, I am 40 year old female and living in arkansas, us. I am hoping to find a solution for my problem. I am having tremor on my left hand which started very slightly a year ago. It increased very gradually and people started noticing nowadays. Not only tremor, but lack of strength and slow response on my left hand. Simple household activities are getting slow and hard. Also have a small bunion and hammer toe on my left leg. I don't wear heels or pointed shoes. Nothing wrong on my right side yet. I had a brain mri, neck mri and ncv testing so far as per doctor's suggestion. All of them looks normal. Doctors saying it may be parkinson after many years and he can give me medication right now for my tremor if its bothering me. This is my situation right now. I am working full time and the tremor is uncomfortable to deal with. The hammer toe bothers me as well as the toes are bent. Would you be please able to help me? or refer to someone who can? I am looking forward for your reply. Thanks.
Internet addiction is a very recent phenomenon, but is already a cause for concern. With the advent of various social networking websites, people are increasingly becoming addicted to the internet. Internet addiction disorder is often characterized by people inching to form an emotional attachment with people and activities, all of them online. You may enjoy connecting to people more over the virtual interface instead of the real world; this usually stems from an inability to establish real human contact.
The symptoms of internet addiction disorder are:
1. Excessive usage of the internet
2. Depression, mood swings and irritability if one doesn’t get access to the internet
3. Any effort to reduce internet usage is usually unsuccessful
4. You may experience constant problems in personal relationships, education and your job due to incessant internet usage
5. A tendency of lying to close ones when they ask you how much time you spend over the internet
6. Using internet to escape from real world problems
Internet addiction can gradually isolate you. You may develop an aversion to meeting and communicating with people in real life. This can impair your social skills and make you socially awkward. This disorder also create problems in relationships as it can reduce the time you spend interacting personally.
Internet addiction may also lead you to create online personas to evade low self-esteem issues. This actually aggravates the problem instead of solving it; can result in severe anxiety and depression. Withdrawal symptoms might result in anxiety, depression, irritation and loneliness. This disorder can lead to complications such as dry eyes, headaches, change in sleep patterns and subsequent problems in falling asleep. Back pain from sitting upright while you are on the internet is also very common problem.
It's alright to feel low and not so happy at times. Just remember to love yourself no matter what and let that be a tough love so that you live a healthy and fit life.
ACCEPT THE WAY YOU ARE
1. Set a self-acceptance intention.
2. Stop comparing.
3. Choose what makes you unique.
4. Appreciate more.
5. Surround yourself with support.
6. List your achievements.
7. Be happy
8. Intentionally counter negative self-talk with positive words to yourself.
9. Perform acts of kindness
10. Treat yourself to things that make you feel good.
11. Learn how to accept a compliment.
I feel like to sleep always and I will not get any interest to do work if I try to work I will get tried soon. And I am unable to concentrate on my studies please help to get out of this problem.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Parkinsonism or parkinsonian syndrome group is of disorders which manifests as tremor, disturbances in voluntary movement (rigidity, bradykinesia or akinesia) and impairement in the balance and automatic reactions.
This syndrome do occur in various conditions, of which Parkinson's disease is quite common.
Parkinson's disease was observed by james Parkinson in the year 1817. It took about 100 years to be well verse with the pathology of this disease condition and the treatment was partially achieved by the introduction of Levo-dopa in the year 1960.
A. Idiopathic: The etiology is not understood. Example of this type of parkinson's diease, where there is degeneration of neurons in the substantia nigra and corpus striatum. It occurs usually in late adult life, progress slowly, and kills the patient by 10-15 years after the onset.
B. Vascular: Multi-infarct disease(arthreosclerotic parkinsonism).
C. Infection: Infection by various viruses, most commonly influenza virus may be causing parkinsonism like features. It is termed as encephalitis lethargica that causes focal insult to the brain matter.
D. Due to toxicity: Certain toxic chemicals like manganese, carbon disulfide, carbon monoxide, cyanide exposed in various occupation can cause diffuse damage to the brain exhibiting parkinsonian syndromes.
E. Various drugs: Phenothiazines, butyrophenones, tetrabenazine can cause Parkinsonism.
F. Multiple system degeneration that occurs in condition like Alzheimer disease shy-Drager syndrome, supranuclear opthalmoplegia, Wilson's disease, etc. can cause parkinsonism.
G. Metabolic: Abnormal calcium metabolism can cause disposition of calcium in the basal ganglia causing parkinsonism.
H. Traumatic: Multiple brain damage commonly encountered in boxers usually causes parkinsonism. This types of parkinsonism. This types of parkinsonism are called as punch boxers syndrome.
REDUCTION OF RIGIDITY IN PARKINSONISM
Rigidity has been found to reduce, to some extent, by generalized relaxation technique. Generalized relaxation can be obtained by vestibular stimulation that can be achieved by various rocking techniques. Rocking can be achieved by the use of adult vestibular ball, rocking or rotating chair, and cradle. Rhythmic initiation, which is a technique of PNF, can be used to reduce rigidity. This technique, which involves progression of exercise from passive to active assisted to active without any increase in tone, has been found to be very effective in reducing rigidity of the trunk.
Generalized relaxation techniques like Jacobson’s technique of progressive relaxation, yogasana, transdental meditation, biofeedback, savasana, etc. can also be used.