Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Gokhale Vandana ChaitanyaYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, doc .I had PCOD n Ovulation problem. I have missed my 2 months pregnancy (first pregnancy) on 17th of july. N the last spotting was on 1st of august. Doc now I want healthy pregnancy so pls tell me the healthy diet for the same. Thanks in anticipation.
I am female of 35 year old, I am an employee, I have my work of total 10 hours, and am using plastic water bottle, please tell me which type of water bottle and tiffen have to use? Which is safe from several chemical things.
How much water should you drink each day? It's a simple question with no easy answers. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, but in truth, your water needs depend on many factors, including your health, how active you are and where you live.
Although no single formula fits everyone, knowing more about your body's need for fluids will help you estimate how much water to drink each day.
Health benefits of water
Functions of water in the body
Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells, and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.
Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
How much water do you need?
Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of total beverages a day.
What about the advice to drink 8 glasses a day?
Everyone has heard the advice, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day." That's about 1.9 liters, which isn't that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total.
Generally, if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and your urine is colorless or light yellow — and measures about 6.3 cups (1.5 liters) or more a day if you were to keep track — your fluid intake is probably adequate. If you're concerned about your fluid intake or have health issues, check with your doctor or a registered dietitian. He or she can help you determine the amount of water that's right for you.
To ward off dehydration and make sure your body has the fluids it needs, make water your beverage of choice. It's also a good idea to:
Drink a glass of water or other calorie-free or low-calorie beverage with each meal and between each meal
Drink water before, during and after exercise
If any more doubts you can " consult me "
My wife loose her virginity loose after 1.5 years. But when it break no bleeding come from vagina . Why 1.5 years require to loose virginity. Why bleeding not come what is the reason behind that.
I am a 4th month pregnant I do not have motion freely what will I do please give me reply?Please tell.
Here are some simple changes that can improve your diet and help relieve constipation:
Add veggies. You don't have to count grams of fiber to get the recommended amount. Instead, aim to eat 2 cups of fruit and 2 ½ cups of vegetables every day. Make sandwiches with roasted veggies, add a salad instead of fries to your meal, buy pre-cut vegetables to snack on with low-fat dip, keep the fruit bowl full for a handy and healthy snack, and add chopped, dried fruit to oatmeal and cereal.
Go for grains. Replace white bread, white rice, and regular pasta with whole-grain bread and whole-wheat pasta and brown rice. Eat more whole oats, multi-grain cereals, and whole-wheat crackers -- just be sure to choose low-fat and low-sugar options. Snack on air-popped popcorn instead of chips. When buying cereal, choose brands that have at least 5 grams of fiber per serving.
Bulk up on beans. Replace meat with a bean or legume dish at least once or twice a week. Add cooked beans to salads, and try bean soups and stews as main course meals.Add fiber gradually. Make changes slowly over the course of a week or so -- increasing fiber too quickly can cause bloating and gas. Be patient -- it may take time for your body to adjust.
Consider a fiber supplement. If you have trouble getting enough fiber in your diet, consider a fiber supplement such as Citrucel, FiberCon, and Metamucil. Also called bulk-forming laxatives, fiber supplements are generally safe and non-habit forming. Just be sure to talk with your doctor before using them as they can interfere with some medications.
Stay hydrated. If you add more fiber to your diet either with food or supplements, be sure to drink more fluids to aid digestion. Aim for about 8 glasses a day. Choose low or no-calorie beverages -- drinking sugary soda and fruit drinks will add extra calories you don't need.
It is necessary that you detoxify your body after regular intervals because with detoxification, you not just remove the dangerous toxins from your body but also increase the vitality of your body.
In Ayurveda, all natural ingredients are used for detoxification. Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana. The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest is massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory.
- Abhyanga: It is a combination of long strokes and synchronized soothing that helps in re-storing balance, harmony and composure in the body. Your body is massaged with oil in seven different positions and the type of oil is chosen based on the body equilibrium. It stimulates healing at a micro-cellular level as the oils get absorbed in the intra-follicular and intra-dermal layers of the skin. It helps you to steer clear of tiredness and enhances immunity and sleep. It cures psychological imbalances and fosters flexibility in the joints and muscles, thus rendering softness to the skin glands.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Kati Vasti: This is a form of sudation therapy (procedure to induce sweat without the use of heat) that helps to ease lower back pain caused due to inter-vertebral inflammation. Vasti is two types Niruha vast that is vasti with medicated decotion and other is Anuvasana vasti that is vasti with medicated oil. Like other therapy vasti has also pretherapeutic and post therapeutic technique. Pretherapeutic includes snehana lubrication internally and externally and also swedana sweat therapy.these poorvakarma help in loosening and liquefying the toxins accumulated in cells and get collected in colon. After the application of herbal medicines this toxins collected in colon is eliminated out.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility.
It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
My wife has just delivered a baby & when ever she is feeding our baby I can't resist myself from sucking my wives breasts I have even drank her breast milk. Please tell me can I continue drinking my wives breast milk & if it is healthy.?
Hye Dr. I am pregnant so I can ask you something. My body was very paining at tha night. During the sleeping. My hair also falling so tell me what can I do.
Please suggests me how to reduce arms and hips and chest. I am 23 years old i have 65 kg. And height 5.3 so please suggests me for above mentioned topic.
My friend wife is planning for iui/ivf. But my friends showed negative signs as he is not willing to sign the paper. His question is; 1. Should the baby born after will look likes his/her mother? 2. Fearing of what will society says if the baby look totally different from parents. please help him.
I am in my 10 week of pregnancy with twins after ivf. Now on complete bed rest due to bleeding problem some times. Doct said that they inject 4 emberos and only two are developing and other having some growth but no development that why bleeding or blood clots are there and also having vaginal and blood infection having cgp culture positive ie 25. I am also suffering from high bp problem taking labelatol 100 mg 2 times a day ang sugar taking 4 units insulin 2 times a day. please suggest me some tips and precautions for my healthy pregnancy as I loss my pregnancy two time before once in 7th month due to bp and second time in second month due to blood and vaginal infection. This time I want healthy babies. please suggest.
Hi doctor, is it difficult for me to conceive through Ivf, I am 40 yrs old female with normal hormonal essay and healthy lifestyle. What are my chances of conception and how many cycles should I go through to get result?
1. Metabolic syndrome — a combination of increased blood pressure, elevated blood glucose and triglycerides — has a greater impact on women than men.
2. Mental stress and depression affect women's hearts more than they do men's.
3. Smoking is much worse for women than men.
4. A low level of estrogen before menopause is a significant risk factor for developing microvascular disease.
5. Though women will often have some chest pain or discomfort, it may not be the most prominent symptom. Diffuse plaques build-up and diseased smaller arteries are two reasons why symptoms can be different in women.
6. In addition to chest pain, pressure or discomfort, signs and symptoms of heart attack in women include: Neck, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort, Shortness of breath, Nausea or vomiting, Sweating, Light-headedness or dizziness and unusual fatigue.
7. Endothelial dysfunction is more common in women. In this the lining of the artery does not expand (dilate) properly to boost blood flow during activity, which increases the risk of coronary artery spasm and sudden death.
8. WISE study results suggest that the commonly used treatments for coronary artery disease — angioplasty and stenting — are not the best option for women with more diffuse plaques.
9. Typical tests for coronary artery disease — angiogram, treadmill testing and others — are not reliable in women.
10. The WISE study showed that in some women, plaques accumulate as an evenly spread layer along artery walls, which is not visible using traditional testing methods.
I got negative result in urine pregnancy test. Bt still I have symptoms to be pregnant and still i'm missing the period. What's the matter?
Is there any chances to a girl to get pregnant only by hands of a boy? If any thing got left on the mans hand.
Hi Doctor, I have white spots at the back of throat. I was diagnosed with Chlamydia two months ago and was prescribed with doxycycline, I completed the 7 days course and again I followed the process after 1 week since I was feeling burning sensation under scrotum. I do not have any other symptoms of Chlamydia, but this throat condition is bothering me. I've been taking zifi 200 mg from last 4 days. The throat doesn't pain. Please suggest me if I should do other STD tests and how to cure this.
My spouse has been diagnosed with a bulky uterus condition. She has so far no complaint or discomfort indications. When is it advisable to go for surgery or can it be treated with medicine?
A small step today. A big impact tomorrow. Stay healthy:)