Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Rathod
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Girish RathodYour feedback matters!
I am 31 year old male, MRI report says: Partial socialization of L5 Vertebra, Mild lumbar spondylosis with annular tear with diffuse disc bulge with mild focal posterocentral and right subarticular disc protrusion at L4-L5 level causing mild thecal sac indentation, right neural foramina narrowing and mild right L5 traversing nerve root compression.
I am 26 male. I was hit by a motorbike in the right leg knee area. I escaped bone fracture but My upper and right outer side is swollen and stiff. I cannot bend my leg. Also there is sudden sharp pain when I stand or twist my leg. There is click sound in knee sometimes. Please tell me treatments and rest periods. I am working professional.
My mother is suffering from joint pains, specifically at ankles and knees. This we suppose is Arthritis. Now there is also swelling on ankles (leg). Which is best hospital, and the best doctor to go to for treatment. I am very worried, please help.
I am 33 year old my weight is 80 kg and height is 5.5 ft, I am having slip disc since last 2 years & struggling with medication for that, can ayurveda provide me a good solution.
I have knee pain for 5 years. Whenever I walk it start paining. What should I do to get out of this problem very fast? Please tell me.
My wife had fall and had hip femur bone fractured and surgery was done 2 months back .Now she can't walk as she stands on toes of right feet operated side She can't keep right feet flat on ground So she can't walk even with Walker. Please help and give advice.
Osteoarthritis is a condition that causes cartilages in the joints of a human body to wear away. The joints in your body are made of bones and the ends of each bone have cartilages to prevent friction between them. Certain factors like age, nutrition or health threats can cause the cartilages to break down into bits and pieces. As a result, bones come into direct contact with one another causing the joints to swell or to turn tender.
Take a look at the following factors that can cause osteoarthritis
- Stress on specific joints due to certain postures: The triggering cause behind acute joint pain could be the way you sit for long hours in a day. A sportsperson might face joint pains due to his or her occupation. Similarly, any person required to sit or stand for a long stretch of time due to his/her jobs can suffer from osteoarthritis as well.
- There might be a deformity in any of your joints: A person born with joint deformities might suffer from arthritic problems later in life. Severe accidents can lead to deformities too.
- You may have suffered injuries that resulted in the condition: Joint pains needn’t always require an impactful injury. Mild or heavy injuries can lead to arthritis all the same. Defects in the joint cartilage could be passed on through genes.
- Age could also be a contributing factor: If a person is aging, his or her chances of developing osteoarthritis increase manifold. Age can make your bones and cartilages go weak. As you grow older, the capacity of your bones to absorb nutrition also decreases.
Prevalent symptoms that help you identify osteoarthritis
- A grinding sensation in the joints: A person suffering from osteoarthritis will experience continual bouts of grinding pain in the joints. This may keep him or her from walking, sitting, working or even resting. The grinding sensation is indeed disabling.
- You tend to face stiffness in the bones: Patients with this kind of arthritis have been reported with lacking flexibility in their joints. If they are sitting for too long, or have been inactive for some time or might have just woken up from sleep, they are likely to experience stiffness in their bones. Joints even turn sore in such situations.
- Extra bits of bones could create trouble: Extra bits of bones that develop at a later age are also referred to as bone spurs. They stick around the sore area and make movement a real challenge.
Modes of treatment
If osteoarthritis is detected at an early age, it can be fought against using medications. However, when the disease is really discomforting, treatment procedures like acupuncture or regimented exercising can help a patient. Yoga also does wonders to remedy joint pain. Surgical procedures are also available but they should be fallen back upon as a lender of the last resort.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!