Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayatri M Patankar
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Gayatri M PatankarYour feedback matters!
Im vegetarian male aged 50 yrs. My b12 level is decreased to 145. My full body is paining. What should I do?
I am having back pain since some days its not too much painful but yes its effecting my daily work. Can someone suggest me to how to come out from this problem. Thanks in advance.
I started going to gym from 4th April. From that day I have pain in my back and shoulders. What should I do?
I am regular suffering from back pain. Usually at night after sleeping and started from 3 am. I am female and age is 35 years old. Please advise.
I am 40 year I have big problem in my legs joint I cannot walk properly my legs joint swell sir plzzz give me suggestion.
I experience pain in my left hand after every week or smdays. Sometimes in wrist sometimes in whole hand n last time in left shoulder. What can be d reason.
I'm suffering from back pain, tiredness and fatigue usually. I'm a banker. Please advise me. I got infected with herpes simplex 1 in chest n back area a year ago.
I am Male 25 year old I have back pain from last 1 month. Please give me suggestion with in 2 month my marriage is there.
I am 53 years old I am diabetic since last 18 years. Since last 6 month in my both shoulders there is fluctuating pain. Some one told me that is it due to frozen shoulder. Please advice.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.