Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GadgaveYour feedback matters!
Skin regeneration improper on four hand's fingers leading to crack dryness observed. Please help me.
How I change my skin ton, I wish fair skin Can you suggest me how it's possible instantly, Any treatment or cosmetic cream.
I am 19 years old I habe recently shifted from Shimla to Chennai, here I am having many skin problems which firstly I thought was some mosquito bites but now it has become hell big and irritates me alot it is like I sleep at night and all of a sudden I find so many marks in my body in the morning like scratches and it's like someone has scratched my skin out in patterns. It's kinda weird but I need help kindly tell me please.
I have scar on face from accident and now highlight dark black scar I can use melacare cream on face only on scar please reply me it is best or not or please give better name of cream to remove very old scars of accident.
I have pores on my face. They look very pathetic. Although they are small but they are enlarging slowly, Will laser treatment help? Or any other solutions.
I have blackheads over my nose, I was advised by a Dermatologist to use Tretinoin Cream, I am applying retina-A 0.025% over the area. But the blackheads have further blackened. Should I stop using it?
Sir I want to know one thing more till d day I have gone to water park a skin that is not supple and right side cheeks got red patches and hard surface .what to do and there is lot of tanning on right side. I am so irritated why I visited water park.
I am male 25 year. I was white in complexion but due to regular outdoor games office .my skin tone of face and neck area has been dark .suggest me a 100%effective solution to get the fair complexion once again.
I have red eyes and hot body, itching my whole body surface, red dark spots on my face. What should l do?
I am 28 years old having dark circles under my eyes from many yrs I m medical student study late nights using contact lens for weak vision. My diet is not good but I am both veg and non veg person please give some tips to cure my dark circles soon.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition. Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar Sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
A burn scar on your skin does not only spoil your appearance, but also hampers your self-confidence. You can undertake a plastic surgery in order to eliminate burn scars and burn marks. A burn repair surgery is an effective way to fix any previous or fresh burn scars. Although a burn scar cannot be totally eliminated, this surgery helps in improving basic functions and makes the scar less prominent or noticeable.
About Burn Repair Surgery: There are two types of burn repair surgeries. An acute burn surgery is carried out immediately after a burn injury has been inflicted. It is undertaken in a hospital by a team of surgeons who specialize in acute burn repair surgeries.
A re-constructive burn surgery is usually carried out after the initial burn scar heals. Re-constructive burn surgery aims at improving both the functional appearance and the cosmetic appearance of a burn scar. This form of burn surgery incorporates the modification of the scar tissue. The treatment procedure for scar tissues requires several months to be successful. New scar contractures may appear for a long time after an injury. Facial burn scars, which cause problems with the eyes, lips, nose and cause hair loss can be rectified. Abnormally thick, white and discolored scars can also be lightened by undergoing a burn repair surgery.
Procedure: The surgical procedure of burn repair surgery primarily involves scar release methods. After a tight scar has been released, the opening or incision made in the skin is repaired. Several techniques are applied for the purpose of closing the wounds. These include skin grafts and skin rearrangement or Z-plasty. Sometimes, more advanced flaps are required. This depends on the location of the scar and the desired results. Minor procedures are performed in the form of an outpatient surgery, but in case of larger grafts and flaps, inpatient facility is required.
After undergoing the surgery, you must follow your surgeon's care instructions properly for effective healing. This would also enable you to have a long-term effect and improved appearance of burn scars. Follow-up appointments with your surgeon after the surgery are essential.
Before deciding on undergoing a burn repair surgery, you must consult an efficient cosmetic surgeon and discuss about the surgical procedure. You should know all important facts regarding the surgery and also have an idea about the results, which would be obtained. Non-surgical therapies can also be undertaken for repairing burn scars, which include scar massage, application of pressure garments and some other topical therapies.
Pityriasis rosea is a medical condition concerning the skin, which when contracted causes a rash. This condition can affect people of any age but it is usually seen to occur in people between the ages of 10 and 35. Pityriasis rosea is usually harmless. Read on more to find out all about the different causes, symptoms, prevention and treatments of pityriasis rosea.
Causes: Experts are unsure about the exact reason for the cause of pityriasis rosea. It is very different from other skin diseases as it is not caused due to an allergic reaction or caused due to fungal or bacterial infections. The rash is not contagious.
- Pityriasis rosea forms a rash which begins with a single, oval or round in shape pink patch which is scaly in nature and consists of a raised border. The size of the patch varies and can vary between 2cm to 10 cm in diameter.
- After a few days of the initial infection, salmon colored patches which vary in size from 1 to 2 cm in diameter appear in clusters in the chest, arms, back and abdominal regions.
- The patches which occur in the back often form vertically in an angular fashion such that its appearance is similar to that of a fir tree.
- The affected regions can cause severe itching in almost half the people who are affected by pityriasis rosea. The rash usually is cured in a span of 6 to 8 weeks but in certain cases it can persist for several months.
Treatment: Pityriasis rosea usually does not require any treatment. It usually goes away in the time span of 6 to 8 weeks. Itching can be subdued by using certain skin lotions and lubricants. If the itching is severe, your doctor might prescribe you certain anti-inflammatory medication. Certain antiviral medications also decrease the duration of the rash if they are taken at the beginning of the infection. In some cases exposure to sunlight also cures the rash very fast, but excess exposure to the sun can also cause sunburn and increase the risk of skin cancer. If the rash persists even after 3 months, it is highly advisable to consult a doctor.