Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
-Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
-Stay happy and content.
-Take it easy
What is the best remedy or cure for pimple free and acne free skin? Please suggest me a homemade cure.
I turned 16 this february and my height I 5'0 feet. I am really conscious about my height. Please tell something to increase height.
I lost my virginity on saturday night,(Using a condom) and should have had my period this Monday-Tuesday, but I never did. I am slightly worried that I might be pregnant.
How to increase height after 20 years old? please help im 5" 7. Can you please give me a special diet or some special exercises?
HI im suraj age 23 years old. I have a hair loss problem do not know. Why bt last few days I realized my hair is gaining so fastly give me some suggestions for hair gain.
I have cough from 2-3 days and I get cough during summer also. I'm a sportsman and after running also I use to get cough hardly. What should I do?
My face is slim and thin. For a period of time wen I exercise regularly and have proper diet then its looks somewhat ok. Now I am in village in rajasthan since last 20 days. So my face become dark and very thin and slim. Bcz of this I look very weak. please tell me why its me what should I do to get permanent healthy face.
I got an keloid on my cheek and it's becoming big time by time . Say how to control it nd fade away completely.
My body structure is somewhat lean personality sir /mem please advise me how to gain perfect body structure and strong body built nd please provide information about how to get complexion of face by daily routine food or either medicine.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.