Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 27 years old male suffering due to depression. I also face first stroke which is similar to epilepsy before 2 years but my ctscan, eeg ,mri reports are normal ,doctor recommend me 1 etillam 0.5 capsule at night, I take it since last 4 months, is there any safe alternative to this capsule without side effect ,please help me thanks in advance.
Hi. From past nearly 6months I'm not getting proper sleep at night. From past 3 months it got worse I'm not at all getting sleep till 5 r 6 in morning. I hardly having 4 - 5 hrs sleep in a day. When I consulted physician he suggested me zolasma 5mg to have it at 10pm for 14days which will reset my sleep cycle. But when I'm having that tablet I'm sleeping for 14 - 16hrs a day which is making me feel numb whole day. Can someone tell me whether this things causes any affect for my health? And what should I do to get back to normal sleep cycle?
Dear sir, my brother suffering from parkinson's decease from past 7 years, we tried hard for treatment but no treatment in english medicine. His hand is continuously shaking. Is there any treatment. Please provide details. How and where it can be treated.
My mother has migrane pains once a month. We had ct scan of the head on recommendation of a moolchand doctor and nothing was found. What next can we do to reduce this frequency of pains. Her head aches and she vomits. I can't see her in pain. Please let me know what can I do to ease it.
Sir. My hands, my body, my legs used to vibrate every time, whether I am holding anything or not. I am just 20, please help me out.
Hi doctor I wanted to know why migraine happens and how long medications have to be taken and is it harmful.
Rett syndrome is a neurodevelopmenal disorder that affects girls almost exclusively. It is characterized by normal early growth and development followed by a slowing of development, loss of purposeful use of the hands, distinctive hand movements, slowed brain and head growth, problems with walking, seizures, and intellectual disability.
The disorder was identified by Dr. Andreas Rett, an Austrian physician who first described it in a journal article in 1966. It was not until after a second article about the disorder, published in 1983 by Swedish researcher Dr. Bengt Hagberg, that the disorder was generally recognized.
The course of Rett syndrome, including the age of onset and the severity of symptoms, varies from child to child. Before the symptoms begin, however, the child generally appears to grow and develop normally, although there are often subtle abnormalities even in early infancy, such as loss of muscle tone (hypotonia), difficulty feeding, and jerkiness in limb movements. Then, gradually, mental and physical symptoms appear. As the syndrome progresses, the child loses purposeful use of her hands and the ability to speak. Other early symptoms may include problems crawling or walking and diminished eye contact. The loss of functional use of the hands is followed by compulsive hand movements such as wringing and washing. The onset of this period of regression is sometimes sudden.
Apraxia — the inability to perform motor functions — is perhaps the most severely disabling feature of Rett syndrome, interfering with every body movement, including eye gaze and speech.
Children with Rett syndrome often exhibit autistic-like behaviors in the early stages. Other symptoms may include walking on the toes, sleep problems, a wide-based gait, teeth grinding and difficulty chewing, slowed growth, seizures, cognitive disabilities, and breathing difficulties while awake such as hyperventilation, apnea (breath holding), and air swallowing
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I'm 21 years old female. Im an epilepsy patient. I got 3-4seizures per month this was repeated for 2months. After consulting Dr, I started taking (diproex er 500) tablet. After that I didn't any seizures. I started taking drugs from the age of 9-21. Can I recover from this seizures without taking drugs? Can I get married with this problem? How can I prevent shivering in my hands, legs? My hands and legs always seem to be watery. What kind of food can I take?
I am 25year old. My hand vibrate. Please Dr. Help me. I am not drink alcohol regular. Only occasionally.
I am looking for a solution for hand's because whenever I am doing some work they start shaking and it looks very bad when someone comments while looking at my shivering hands .and my stamina is very low while working my breath goes higher.
Sir, mujhe body me kampan sa hone lagta hai jab kisi se jyada gusse me ya fight karne par. Sir iska upay btaye.
MY MOTHER, 54 YEAR HAS A LOT OF HEALTH ISSUES. THEY ARE GASTRIC, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, arthritis, leukemia, WEAKNESS, PILES, migraine, stone, tension. Etc. Any solution for this please tell me.
I am a 23yr old male and have migraine for last 2 years. What should I do? And please suggest some medicine for instant relief currently am having vasograin but now it is no more effective.
Sir I am 51 yes old and I am suffering from neuralgia since 2.5 yes Till now I have not taken any medicine I feel pain between my left nose and lip It occurs 2 to 5 times a day and the frequency is 3 sec to 10 sec It dose not occur every day but 10 to 15 day than it slow down 10 day approximately Now I am taking Mazetol 200mg once a day since 10 days and it is like a miracle my pain is in control 85% So my question is am I going right? And is the dose OK? And how long I should take it Sir I am a diabetic patient and I take 5 mg glibenclamide once a day after meal my sugar count is 160 to 170 before and 230 to 240 after my at is 79 kg I request to give me proper guidance Thanks in advance.
I am 29 years old suffering from Migraine since 6 years. I have not recognised that the headache, vomiting and blurred vision are due to migraine. I have takenhomeopathy medication for 4 months. Since then it was less frequent. Now a days headache and vomiting was very less but sudden vision disturbances persist i.e, blurred vision and not able to view the side vision. As of now no medication is been taken. Kindly suggest the cause and cure for the same.
Sir I am unable to behave as I want to behave with other. I want to change my behavior but I can't do it. And then I feel more nervous to see others reaction. It affects my relationship with other and also my carrier. Help me.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.