Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhanunjai Kalyankar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Dhanunjai KalyankarYour feedback matters!
I am having backbone pain from past one year, how to get rid of the pain, please suggest me a right option?
I am having backpain from 2 months. I do not know what to do and I have never consulted any doctor. U tell me.
Did you know that osteoporosis causes more than 8.9 million fractures worldwide every year? What is frightening is many of these fractures are now taking place among the youth due to deficit diet and poor lifestyle coupled with genetic predisposition. Both osteoporosis and osteopenia are two forms of bone loss conditions, with the latter being a precursor to the former. To distinguish between the two a bone mineral density test is usually performed.
What is difference between Osteoporosis and Osteopenia?
A BMD (bone mineral density) T-score between -1 SD and -2.5 SD indicates osteopenia with a high chance of osteoporosis. On the other hand, a T-score of -2.5 SD and below stands for osteoporosis. A higher bone density (above -1SD) is usually indicative of stronger bones. Fragility index is more accurate way to assess risk of fractures.
In osteoporosis the bone loss or weakening of bones take place over a long period of time, and results in unexpected fractures and severe bone problems. Disfigurement, fractures in the spine, loss of mobility and independence are usual characteristics of this bone disease once it progresses further.
Prevention is better than cure, ALWAYS!
To keep bones strong and healthy, calcium and phosphate is continuously absorbed by the body. But after 30, the body’s ability to absorb calcium slows down and there’s a decrease in the production of new bones. In contrast, bone desorption (the process of transferring calcium from the bone to the blood) continues unabated.
When the body starts absorbing the store of calcium in the bones to meets its needs, it leads to calcium depletion and is one of the causes of weakening of the bone.
At present, the age limit (50-60 years) for osteoporosis has seen a drop with many younger people increasingly suffering from the ailment. Factors like unhealthy lifestyle, late-night shifts, smoking and alcohol consumption have been found to be the culprits behind the rise in osteoporosis cases among the young. Recent studies have identified vitamin D deficiency as a major factor for poor bone health and bone mass density in the young.
How to keep your bones strong and healthy? And manage Osteo - penia/porosis complications:
Bone loss can be prevented by adopting these very simple but effective ways:
- Exercising can help in building strong bones and muscles, while preventing bone loss.
- Maintaining a calcium intake of 1000 mg for pre-menopausal women and 1200 mg for women post menopause.
- Staying out in the sun for 20 minutes to produce requisite amount of Vitamin D for calcium absorption and using supplements of vitamin D.
- there are many safe medicines available to prevent and treat osteoporosis like alendronates, calcitonin, Parathyroid , teriparatide preparation etc.
- In osteoporosis induced /associated fractures we have to to modify implants to negate weak purchase of implants in bone and improve mobility.
We have been using these modifications in established osteopenia/porosis case in fractures treatment/joint replacement/ arthroscopic fixations and MIS spine fracture management.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.