Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Dhanashri ChonkarYour feedback matters!
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello, I usually take a lot of stress and think abt stuffs a lot too as I am loner and don't have frds in col life but from the past year I have been getting heavy head aches when ever I over think or depressed and it's unbearable pain too but now a days it just starts paining with out any reasons too. I am not really sure how much would it cost to have a check up fr a brain tumor as I have heard this is the cause for it too so please suggest me what should I do and if it really might be a tumor in my case. I usually have pains on the left side of brain but sometimes even on all the sides as if someone is applying too much pressure and it's gonna burst. I have many times fainted too cos of headaches.
I am 66 years, getting sometimes numbness in my right hand, right foot for some times. After few minutes this becomes o. K of its own. Many times, I get pain on back hip joint in the center.
Mere papa ka back side kamar me se 3 nas niche aati hai vo nas mein khoon aana slow ho gaya hai jiske karan papa ko chalne mein problem ho rahi hai unki umar 66 year hai, papa ki reports dekh ke Doctor bole operation karna padega but mujhe opretion nahi karvana koi dusara ilag hay aapke pass.
My father is suffering from paralisis and unable to speak for 4 years (age 60 years. What should I do ?
Hey doctor! suddenly today in the morning my thumb started flickering, it's been an hour it's shivering, it's a little difficult for me to write and type, I am getting a bit worried what is it?
I have pains from the migraines recently started over when I smoked hookah last time. Though I didn't do it again, the headache persists from almost a week. Right now my symptoms are, headaches, dry cough, sometimes wet (rarely), feeling weak, sleeping too much, body aches, diarrhea and rarely fewer. I am a smoker and have been smoking since 5--6 years. I smoke around a pack (10) per day. Right now from past couple of days I didn't smoke much due to this weakness and hence no urge to smoke even. I want to get some change and even quit smoking if that's the reason troubling me. But scared if it could lead to something even more bad if I stop it suddenly. Please help me with this :(
10 tips for how to sleep better:
- Rest in cozy comfort: quality mattress, soft blankets and cool temperature will reduce annoying distractions (too hot! achy back!) and help you relax.
- Turn on some soothing sounds: use a sound machine or a fan to drown out what may be preventing you from falling asleep within 15 minutes of laying down.
- Complete darkness: If your room isn’t completely dark, consider a sleep mask—this will also increase your natural production of melatonin, which is not only a great sleep inducer but a great cancer fighter as well (study).
- Snooze-inducing smells: wearing lavender lotion or using a diffuser with lavender essential oil may help you hit deep sleep sooner. Plus, who doesn’t love the smell of lavender? ahhh…
- Turn off tech and meditate: Turn off tech at least 1 hour before going to bed. Then, keep lights dim and read or meditate to let your body naturally make some sleepy melatonin (the hormone that is produced as it gets dark out, and regulates sleep and wake cycles).
- Skip or reduce caffeine: Caffeine not only prevents many folks from falling asleep at night initially, but it can also decrease the amount of restful sleep that happens at night (study). If you’re having trouble sleeping at night, try decaf, herbal tea or keep it to one cup very early in the morning.
- Go easy on the alcohol: Alcohol feels like a sedative at first because it slows down motor and brain function, leaving us feeling relaxed and worry-free. But, as it’s metabolized, acetaldehyde is produced, which acts like a stimulant in our bodies. This is what wakes us up in the wee hours of the morning unable to get the rest we need. So for a good night’s sleep, peel back on the alcohol and drink it earlier and with food (or not at all).
- No nicotine: Nicotine is similar to caffeine in that it’s a stimulant and may cause insomnia. And even once you fall asleep, you’ll have decreased slow wave sleep, which means it’s less restorative (study). Tough love: stop smoking.
- Exercise: Try to fit in 20-30 min of moderate exercise daily, but make sure to do it several hours before bed. Ideally, 20-30 minutes of cardio in the morning with some restorative yoga in the afternoon.
- Clear your mind: If you’re tossing and turning after switching the lights off, you may need to hit the reset button on your mind. Here are a few things to try. Before going to bed, journal—jot it all down. You could also try a guided meditation. If you can’t fall asleep after lying in bed for 15 minutes, get up and do something relaxing for 15-30 minutes before returning to bed. Don’t give up. You’ll find a strategy that works for you.