Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Dhanashri ChonkarYour feedback matters!
I am 30years old, last 10years taking Veniz xr 75 for my depression n migraine pain. I was trying t stop the medicine but the withdrawal symptoms are too much. Can you please suggest me how to get rid off from it.
I am 21 years old. Whenever I lift heavy weight in the gym, my body starts shivering and I feel sick. What should I do for increasing energy? Y.
Sir, I am suffering from numbness in my right side and pain in my head. I got consult by more than 5 doctors by last 7 years but there's no relieve.What should I do?
My mother was suffering from brain tumor and after the operation tumor was in grade 1 according to the biopsy report and operation has done in 2013 and after the operation two times mri has conducted and according to the mri report tumor was not increased. My first query is that if the tumor is in grade 1 that will be permanently cured or not. And if it is not permanently cured then what is chances or how long patient will be survived.
Am 5months pregnant feeling numbness. By normal sit also in legs and hands. And am feeling lot of heat in stomach. please refer me healthy diet.
My father is suffering from memory loss. Since then he has an irritating nature as wel as aggressive. How to treat him or are the treatments available for this problem.
I am diabetic since 1999. Fast blood sugar. 136 & Post fasting 180. I am suffering from numbness in both legs. Please advise.
I am 18 years old and when I wake up in morning I see black all in front of my eyes and my brain feels heavy. What can I do?
I am suffering from back bone pain, through this I can't able to sit and walk, my foot fingers are senseless, I can't able to lift not even ten kg of weight. Please help me as early as possible.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
I am 19 year old student. I have a feeling of dying and my brain is not fully active. I consult a psychiatrist who has given me medicine Pari CR 12.5 mg, I have consumed at night and in the morning I have one big bowel on my forehead. Is this the side effect of the medicine. Please help.
Hello doctor. I am suffering from hand shaking, while I am only 16 years old. I feel too hard in the chemistry lab as well as while writing and drawing. So, please help me to get rid of hand shaking. Thank you.
Is there any permanent solution for insomnia as I am suffering from sleeplessness for the last 2 years.
Respected doctors, I suffered on knee joint pain during waking use stair even wrest paid also and after that I am suffering on cerebral on last february 15 medicine continuing but I feel my both legs are very weight full and waking very slow than before. Let me know how to over come this type of disease.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.