Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa PowarYour feedback matters!
My friend is 2 months pregnant and she is going through itchiness in her rectum. How can she deworm her self.
I have lots of pimples on my face and my face is so oily. In every morning when I woke up I can see my face so oily. Please suggest me some tips and solutions.
I am having a Burning Sensation in my Underarms. I have to keep my hands on upside. So please give me solution regarding it.
I'm 21 years boy I have been very white fair and glowing and much handsome with childish face every one call me an led bulb but from some days I have lost that glow and charm on my face and I'm not looking much fair as before even I'm not moving in sun much can you please tell me how to get fairness and flawless face?
How to reduce acne and pimples because it come on my face everyday I am fedup please suggest me to make my skin fair and glowing without pimple and acne please suggest the best.
I have been suffering from from nocturia for 6 years and have undergone various treatments with not much satisfactory results. I am not at all getting enough sleep and that tells on my general health. No sir, I do not want to operate the prostate. Thank you
My lips become dry through out the year irrespective of climatic conditions. I always carry a lip balm in my pocket. Is there any solution?
I am a 22 year male and have acne problem for last 1 week. It is a infection due to rain or something else?
I am 24 year girl. I have dark circle around my eyes. I am using carofit ultra and melacare plus but I can't see any difference. What should I do.
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi I am 30 years old I have black marks on my forehead And when I use any gel or oil for hair my face will change in oily give me the solution. Please advice
I have black marks on my forehead. Phele kam area blackish tha but ab forehead park abhi area mera black ho gaya hai and face par bhi chin ke sides pe bhi dark skin ho gayi hai. Colour fair kaise kare please help me.
I'm 30 years old female. I have been experiencing pain in chest which then radiate to shoulders and arms. Mostly the pain radiates to right shoulder and arm. I have also located many painful nodules through out my body and mainly in both of my arms and breasts. I too experience a high heart rate with severe pain in left shoulder radiating towards left palm. I have consulted many doctors regarding my health issues. Some neurologist prescribed gabapentin for the chest and body pain and other general medicine doctor prescribed tramadol. The nodules were examined and they said it as FBD for breast nodules and lipofibrills for nodules present in arms. I have going through this pain for a long period, long as 5 years. Initially CT scans and MRI of my chest was done which were found perfectly normal. Another doctor said that my tonsils might have grown a bit and putting pressure on my spine. And that's why I might feel pain in my back. Now I'm confused as I have no idea what I'm suffering from and this pain is making me unfit for my day to day job. Could you please at least diagnose what I might be suffering from and which particular doctor I should consult.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyperpigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun-screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Cracked heels are mainly caused when less attention is paid to foot care along with overexposure to harsh surfaces. In medical terms cracked heels are referred to as heel fissures. Usually it is not a painful condition; however, if care is not taken and the cracks deepen then it may cause immense pain and infection. Cracks may appear on any part of the body due to lack of moisture but they are more common on the heels of the feet. Walking, running, climbing … any physical activity requires the use of feet and the constant use makes it prone to cracks. But these cracks can be easily avoided with daily care and they are truly avoidable if you do some home remedies for cracked heels.
If dry cracks start appearing around your heels then you may also be facing a deficiency of zinc or omega 3 fatty acids.
Cracked heels does not pose any major health concern, however, you must attend to them at the earliest by following some home remedies for cracked heels. Delay in treating the cracks may cause them to deepen and may cause bleeding. Deep cracks may also be prone to infection.
Cracked heels are more common in people who are constantly moving on rough surfaces barefoot. Older people may suffer from cracked heels more often as the sebum production in the body is reduced with age. A cracked heel is a recurrent condition and needs little attention on daily basis by practicing some home remedies for cracked heels.
The main causes of cracked heels:
1. Dry skin: Some people have dry skin as compared to others. People with dry skin are more susceptible to suffering from cracked heels.
2. Physical activity: Continuous standing for long hours or working on rough hard surfaces leads to cracks in the feet.
3. Overweight: More pressure is exerted on the pad below the heels for those who are overweight. This pressure causes the pad to push sideways and if the skin is dry then this pressure causes cracks around the feet.
4. Uncomfortable sandals: certain shoes and sandals cause the body to exert more pressure on the heels causing it to push sideways and lead to cracks.
5. Other diseases: certain diseases may reduce the natural healing ability of the body to treat cracks in the heels. Some of these diseases are athlete’s foot, eczema, diabetes, excessive dry skin, psoriasis as well as thyroid.
6. Overexposure to water: hard water reduces the natural oil production of the skin by making it more dry and rough. Prolonged exposure to hard water can cause dryness and heels to cracks.
Simple everyday home remedies for cracked heels:
1. Keep your feet clean and free from dirt as much as possible.
2. Relax your feet by alternating between hot and cold water bath.
3. Keep your feet moisturized
4. Exfoliate your feet as much as possible.
5. Avoid doing any physical activity barefoot. Wear a pair of socks as often as possible.
6. Avoid spending long time in damp area barefoot. While doing household chores like washing clothes or mopping make sure your feet are dry. One of the home remedies for cracked heels is to try and avoid the soapy water from coming in contact with your feet. Detergents are used as cleaning agents as they can break down oil, if it comes in contact with your feet then it will only worsen the cracks by increasing dryness.
7. After taking your bath apply a nice moisturizer around your heels.
In the coming post we shall discuss some very easy home cures to treat cracked heels.