Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. D. VitthalYour feedback matters!
Hi I get ultimste happiness and frustation as soon as I get some good / bad news. In case if I am not able to have sex with my partner, it give ultimate sadness in my mind so I cannot do any constructive work. Which is hampering my progress. I am at 42 but I have desires for sex almost 5 day a week. Is it normal?
My memory is very low and I can't concentrate on the work my mind will get disturbed again and again.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The study says in conjunction with traditional treatment, music may be used as a novel intervention to help prevent seizures in people with epilepsy. It's been found significantly higher levels of brain wave activity in participants when they were listening to music and it's synchronised more with the music expecially in the temporal lobe than in people without epilepsy
Hi, My self Rajasekhar and I had one doubt regarding my brain functionality. I am suffering from anxiety from last 1.5 years. Each and everyday I will get. I use to over think like anything. I will create situations myself and get anxiety. But now a days when I am thinking my left brain got stressed out and I am getting one type of blur and lose interest. My left brain was showing some heat type of sensation like my brain nerves get heated up and pain getting from neck. Can you please help me out as I am so worried about my brain.
I am 40 years old and having diabetes type 2. I am on medication and due to that it seems to be in control. But I am always having fatigue, giddiness. I am always afraid if I am alone. Sometimes I feel as if I am fainting. What does it all mean?
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I have a problem of watching porn daily! I ma addicted to it! How can I clove the problem? Please it is request please! I want to get rid of it! Please tell me!
What are the side effects of taking Tab. Restil .25 OD for ten years for a male patient of Anxiety age 54 years?
I guess i am suffering from depression. My work is suffering as i tend to take off frm office every now n then and all i do at home is sleep. Often i cry as i feel upset without any reason. I have a good job and life just facing some troubles in love life though oj thinking i dont find them that big. I do self counselling it do works but not for long time. I try going out and being with people as much as possible to feel happy. Dont know what else to do
Do you know why some people accomplish more and generally are much happier in their lives?
The field of Positive Psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is "Gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to Have An Attitude of Gratitude?
1) Be Mindful of What You Have - Being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) Keep a Gratitude Journal - Every night before going to bed, write down "What was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) Reframe Challenging Situations - It's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that "I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) Practice saying Thank You - It's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say 'Thank You. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) Focus your attention outwards - According to Emmons, a US psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on "Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.