Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. D D MahimkarYour feedback matters!
My boyfriend did masturbating of my vagina. I did not had any pain. As he has done many times but yesterday after 2 hours blood came out. I noticed on my undergarments. But no pain nothing. But just now I again bleed so I used pads. and I have feeling I got periods. But just 1 week before my periods get completed. and I have little bit pain lower abdomen like in periods. Is there any problem? Or its normal? Or something wrong?
Dysmenorrhea is a common complaint nowadays to get relieved from it prepare cumin decoction at home and drink twice on the first and second day of the period.
Cumin decoction preparation method:
Boil one glass water add one tsp of cumin seeds and stir it then add a pinch of salt, turmeric, and carom seeds.
I am 36 years old, my son is 6 years old (IUI). I wish to have second baby. Is it safe to have second baby? As I have heard after 36 to become pregnant is not safe for mother and child? Pls guide.
I had an unprotected sex on 21/3/17 at around 2 pm to avoid pregnancy I ate few pieces of papaya in the evening.In the night when I went to the toilet I started bleeding does that mean I terminated the pregnancy or am I still at the chance of pregnancy? Please help.
After 4 days of sex I done in a day 1 time vomiting or next same thing happen so it is sign of pregnancy. Or tell me when the vomiting comes after sex.
Had unprotected sex fr 1st time on 16 march 7 30 am took ipill at 1 pm same day, took another ipill on 17 march at 9 am didn't have sex, on 18 again had unprotected sex at 8 am and didn't take ipill, are there chances of me being pregnant? What should I do?
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
Cashew nuts or Kaju are extremely nutritious and delicious to eat. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, soluble dietary fiber and antioxidants that are essential for the normal functioning of your body.
The following are some of the health benefits of cashew nuts:
- Ensures healthy heart: Cashew nuts have a comparatively low fat content than most other nuts.It is cholesterol free, has rich antioxidants and contains a number of health-promoting phyto-chemicals that ensure protection against various heart diseases.
- Prevents cancer: Cashew nuts are rich in flavonoids that are known to be effective in combating the growth of tumor cells. It is rich in copper content that helps prevent and control the formation of cancerous cells and protects you from colon cancer.
- Manages hypertension and promotes health of nerves: Cashew nut contains magnesium, which is known for its effectiveness in controlling the levels of blood pressure. It enables you to control your blood pressure thereby, enabling you to manage hypertension. Lack of magnesium also affects the health of your nerves.
- Prevents macular degeneration: According to studies, regular consumption of most nuts tends to prove effective in reducing the risk of macular degeneration in the long term. Cashew nuts are among such nuts that have the ability to filter the sun's UV rays and offer you protection against age related macular degeneration.
- Aids in weight loss: According to studies, people who indulge in the regular consumption of cashew nuts and practice an active lifestyle are less susceptible to sudden weight gain than people who do not. Cashew nuts also contain good cholesterol and are hence considered to be very good for your overall health.
- Prevents gallstones: Gallstones are usually hard masses that are found in the bile duct or gallbladder. Gallstones normally develop due to the fatty nature of the cholesterol which obstructs its breakdown. According to studies, eating cashew nuts, in moderation, on a regular basis is helpful for preventing the formation of gallstones in women.
- Promotes health of tissue: Cashew nuts are rich in copper content, which when reacts with iron present in your body, leads to the creation of new and healthy red blood cells. It also helps in the production of collagen that keeps your tissues strong and healthy.