Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Occupational Therapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Chirag J. GandhiYour feedback matters!
I have join pain and white fluid flow always now a days join pain has increased. And blood count is low. What is the reason for this.
I got hurt on my left leg. And its more than 5 days ago. And its paining till now. I applied moov and the pain seems no relief.
I have lots of pain in my leg from past couples of weeks and I eat pills that doctor give me but its not working what I ll do I can not understand.
Sir I have some body pains and leg pains total body pains of too much daily night sir how to solve my problem sir.
Wrist fracture is a medical term used to describe a broken wrist bone. Wrist is composed of 8 small carpal bones and lower ends of the two forearm bones, such as Radius & Ulna. The fracture may occur in any of the 10 bones that make up the wrist. While some fractures can be severe, most fractures are tiny in nature. The fractures, which are severe, tend to render the bone unstable and a cure for this condition might require a surgery. Open fractures occur when the broken bone spike juts out through the skin. This might lead to an infection in the wounded region.
Causes of Wrist Fracture
- The most basic cause of a wrist fracture is injury. Any fall on your outstretched hand (FOOSH) and you might have to nurse a fractured wrist. This type of fracture is common among sportsmen.
- People suffering from osteoporosis have a high risk of getting a wrist fracture.
- Traumatic accidents might also cause severe wrist fractures.
- Repetitive use of wrists leads to inflammation of the tendons present in the wrists (tendonitis).
Symptoms of Wrist Fracture
A wrist fracture has symptoms that can be extremely painful. The pain escalates whenever you try to move your wrist or flex it, even if you are just flexing your fingers. Sometimes your hand or arm may even become extremely numb when you fracture the wrist. The muscles in the area become tender and swell up. It is almost impossible to move the wrist after it gets fractured. The fracture causes the wrist or rather the hand to appear deformed. The most common deformity being a Dinner fork deformity (Colles' Fracture). The area around the fracture may experience bruising and a fractured wrist also affects the blood flow in the area. You might even injure your ligaments, tendons, muscles or nerves.
To confirm and check the level of severity, you are generally asked to get an X-Ray done. In order to get a more detailed look at the fracture, you might have to undergo CT or MRI scans as well. Usually, in order to treat a fracture, you will have to wear a splint or a cast and move your hand as least as possible. But keep moving your fingers otherwise they might get stiff.
Most cases of wrist fractures recover well with a very good return to function.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Doctor, my wife is suffering from swelling and pain at knee joints. She worked hard during our house shifting she does have the orthorities indications and joint pains. But was in control by doing yoga and. Walking. Kindly advice what can be done to reduce swelling at knee joints at home. Thanks.
I am 23 year old cricket player, a bowler and I have the problem that I can't throw more than 2 overs with same potential continuously and even I can't throw a ball more than 3 times with my full strength as my hand starts paining in the elbow joint on the flat side not on the pointed elbow.
I am suffering from fever after taking medicines I am OK but after some days again same condition. My mother is also suffering from leg pain and she is also taking medicine but not well yet.
I am 38 years old male I have pain in elbow for last week I have lifted some 30 kg weight now what to do?
During gym I had pain between the joint of shoulder and neck. The pain flows to the arm also. Please help.
My husband 49 years fell down from top in 2012. Spinal cord compression. Now he is able to walk. But having burning sensation 24 hours in hand in palm region and elbow and leg foot region no sensation and having burning sensation. For the past 3 years he is suffering. Please is there any remedy?
Am 55 years housewife having some pain in my left arm - from shoulder. There is discomfort in moving hand. Specially during night while sleeping the there is unease.
I have one problem that my legs are getting pain while I was riding the cycle what is the main problem that?
My mom is 46 and her right leg knee is paining daily. One day my brother driving the bike then my building gate hit her leg form that day started paining so please is there any medicine or any other solution to stop pain.
Hi I am 28 years old, I am having very hard pain in my shoulder and neck. Its always stay there. I use hot water and do exercise but not getting permanent solution. Also my food quantity is very low. I do not feel hungry. Kindly suggest me what kind of medicine I can take for my food and pain.
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.