Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan AhiwaeYour feedback matters!
While working on computer in the office sometimes after 2 hrs I can't see clearly or the screen looks blur, is it signal to get spectacle or any eyes problem?
Respected sir, Yesterday I was hit by a tennis ball in my eyes. My eye got swelling a little bit after hit by ball. But in the morning I was felling pain on the side which was hit by the ball. Plzz suggest some suggestions!
Hello. I am a 23 years old but my weight is 53kg only. Height 5'8" I have a problem with my eyes. It swelling. Always my body temperature is high. I have problem with sleep. I think my eyes gone bigger than normal size. I smoke daily 5 cigarettes. please help me what should I do. I did not concentrate at a particular time with my eyes.
My age is 58, male – diabetic, hypertension, thyroid, cholesterol --taking Metformin, ramipril, Synthroid, Pravastatin respectively. Latest – LIPID profile shows- cholesterol = 3.64 ref 4.20-5.20, Triglycerides = 0.63 ref 0.60-2.30, HDL cholesterol =1.16 ref >=0.91 ALL UNITS ARE mmol//L, Total HDL cholesterol ratio-- 3.1, LDL Calculated =2.19 mmolL reF- 2.20- 3.40, FASTING 11 hours, 1. Specialist showing – Hypercholesterolemia—please guide – with this what does it mean? 2. Does concern is serious, family doctor never explained about these results. 3. Few months now getting eye pain, what do you think this may be due to these results, using Fluorometholone 0.1 % ophl susp, for last over two months, should I continue this, or consult eye specialist? Suggest.
I am facing an irritation in my eyes. Inspite of washing eyes twice a time I feel like rubbing my eyes all time. In the mean time my eyes get red. please say as to what should I do to get rid of it.
I have problem my eyes are very week. And my eyes power point 2.5. So what are treatment my eyes are so healthy?
Hi doc I developed a red spot in d white portion of my eye. Today mor. I take high bp medicine daily cz I hv high bp. Is d.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.