Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chapal RaoYour feedback matters!
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.
I am suffering from gerd. Gastroenterologist have suggested me to take pantoprosole 20mg for 6 months. I have done with endoscopy also and doctor has told there is a light scratch. Is it advisable to take tab for 6 months. Please suggest me.
Actually I made the abdominal exercise in gym in 3 days back but still it's paining I can't stand properly stomach is paining and it has become very tight also please do the need.
Acidity is the result of the formation of abnormally high levels of gastric juices in the stomach. The secretion of gastric juices also leads to a common condition known as heartburn.
- Burning sensation or pain in the stomach
- Sourness in the mouth
What are the symptoms of chlorine gas poisoning from inhalation? How can you cure it? And how long will symptoms last?
I have 28day menstrual cycle. My due date was 1feb. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy like dizziness, nausea, fatigue, back & abdominal pain. I started bleeding today but its not heavy as always. I am worried that can it be implantation bleeding?
Earlier I was having hyper constipation and acidity. Due to that I am facing blooding during stool pass but now I realize that I am having symptoms of piles. I am taking sitz bath and applying ointment. What else I could do to treat this. I am very much worried as I am just 23 year old and having such disease. please help me out.
I am suffering from acidic problem. Help me to cure and I am affected from this diseases about 5 years.
I am 33 years old. I have a indigestion problem from childhood due to irregular eating. From last 2 years am using kabzahar Is it harmful please help with some remedy.
I have anal fissure. Last two week before I consult a surgeon. He says this is starting stage no need of surgery. He gives ispaghol powder, looz syrup, tran vp, etc.Is this right medication? How can I cure this issue?
Sir, I occasionally have pain inside anus once in two or three months. I am facing this problem from last 10 years. Already consulted many doctors. Some of them said I have fissure, but when x rayed my back they found that I have 1st type of coccyx. I feel intense pain in my anus increasing slowly and I sweat a lot as well as my mouth vet dried. Sometimes I faint after that pain goes away. Please help me or suggest me a possible way to get rid of this problem.
From last two days this is happening with me. I just cannot control my urine, and it is so frequent that I need to urinate literally after 5-5 mins. Also during urinating I am experiencing a severe lower abdominal pain, near where our urethra is located. What must be the issue? I am really concerned.
I am 18 years old and I have some liver and constipation problems. So what should I do? which medicines to refer for?
I have a lazy schedule because of my exams now and because of that my stomach doesn't cleans off well and I face digestion problems too like acidity, stomach ache, slow digestion. What to do?
My husband is having problem of defecating three times a day. Is this good for health or not. This happens from six months.
I am 49 year old female. I had food in afternoon time at marriage. I fall sick in evening with high headache. Then I just had vomiting and diarrhea at night. I just had dispirine tablet for headache. Read more.
I underwent a Laparoscopy surgery on Mar 27 2016 for perforated appendicitis. But I am still having umbilical button pulling pain and mild lower abdomen pain and occasional loose stool. What would be the reason? How long will the pain persist?
Sir from past few Days I am feeling problem of indigestion. So please tell me the ways to get proper digestion.
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.