Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chapal RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old, male. My problem is that I have recently shifted to Delhi for study purpose and I live in P. G. After eating food, I feel like acidity in my stomach and burning sensation in my food pipe. Please let me know the solution for this problem. Thank you.
Is there any medicine to stop collecting acidic fluid in stomach or can it be reduce in normal form because every 3-4 days have to do tapping and take out the fluid. It is painful and unbearable.
I have problem when I go to toilet. There is some bleeding when I dispose my waste. The area is paining also very much. What to do? please suggest me the ways to solve the problem.
My brother has a feeling of stiffness in his lower right abdomen. This stiffness is generally after eating something after a long duration. Also he is having irritation in his urinary tract. The frequency of urine is very high but each time only a small quantity of it is discharged. There is pain and irritation during passing urine. When he takes a brisk walk the stiffness and pain somewhat goes away. What is wrong with him? What should we do?
I am having a foul smell from anal area. After freshup smell starts and stays for entire day. Wen I sleep and wake up on morning entire room is filled with foul smell. I am having this problem from 20 days. Required serious suggestion and help for this. There has been little change in my food habits as I am taking food from catering people. Even I am having this problem severely from 20 days. It's spoiling my self confidence, I can't be free in society. Being an engineer this has become major draw back for my career also. please help me on this issue.
I am 19 years old, I have problem in my stomach. When I eat meal or dinner I feel gas like situations in my stomach. Please advise me. What will be the solutions?
I have been suffering from gas and acidity problem from a long time. After taking a lunch or dinner I felt acidity. please give a perfect suggestion.
Dear sir. I have throat infection since long time along with that I have gastric problem also. Some times I'm getting breath issues. And getting pressure on my chest. Kindly give me suggestions.
Sir, I want to ask be a question that recently I got accident with my bike and I got stretches on my body but this is not the problem, The problem I am getting after accident is that acidity problem.
Dear sir/madam. Please tell me the symptoms of gall bladder stone. I have doubt of it. My stomach pain occurs frequently.
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem. Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.