Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Brindha Iyer
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Brindha IyerYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I missed my period. My tummy feels bloated, I have nausea, I feel thirsty very soon, I get a sudden tingle in my breast and feel hungry much frequently than usual. Please advise.
My wife don't have family planing she is now 36 years advice me about safe sex we love each other so much.
A small lump in rt. Breast of my sister (fibroderma) light pain on it. After biopsy doctor says invasive ductal carcinoma pl. Tell me what is the treatment procedure &how much money require.
My friend and his girlfriend had some sexual time with each other and he said he ejaculated his sperm on his girlfriends vagina. A little above her vaginal part. She then washed it away. Is there any chances of her getting pregnant? Should she take a pill? If yes when ?
Hi, im 32 years old married since 3 years and tried twice for a baby. Both the times my wife got aborted at the time of completion of 3 months. We did not go for any investigation. We have to try again after gap of 4 months and scared of loosing again. Doctor suggested for semen test. Is that helpful if we do so. Also suffering from early ejaculation in 40 to 60 seconds and failing to fulfil my wife in intercourse. Pls suggest some medicines to cure PE and also about the tests to go. Pls do the needful.
Uterus is anteverted. Normal in size. Myometrial echogenicity appears uniform. No obvious focal lesion seen. Both ovaries are bulky and show multiple small peripherally located follicles with echogenicity hyperemic central stroma. 15mm dominant follicle seen in the right ovary.
I am 4 days due to period, but m feeling cramps in lower abdomen and feeling wet down is that sign of pregnancy or periods.
I hav sex with my partner but I used condom but it was broken inside with full of cum is der any chance of pregnancy. If yes what pills v can use to stop pregnancy.
My period generally comes in 29 days but this time 34 days past period has not come. I was taking thyroid 12 mg tab that I stopped this month as tsh was nominal 2.05 Pls suggest what is the issue as I am not pregnant too.
I am 25 year old female, now i'm pregnant i'm getting too much of back pain it is un bearable so what can I do. Please help me. Thanking you.
I had my c sect on 26 nov. Post delivery my weight was 64 n today 66. Is tht fine. By whn can I start lifting weight? Can I bent?
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Hi doctor. I am 24 weeks pregnant, and since morning i'm having pain in my lower abdomen. The pain is not major but I am little worried as its my first pregnancy. What could be the reason of this pain?
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy is a form of plastic surgery used for lifting or raising sagging breasts in women. The size, contour and elevation of the breasts are modified or corrected using this procedure.
The position and shape of the breasts in women change after pregnancy, breastfeeding, suffering weight loss or with age. A breast lift surgery is effective in treating sagging breasts.
During a breast lift surgery, extra skin is removed from the breasts, and the surrounding tissues are tightened for reshaping of the breasts. The nipples and areola are also reshaped to a better location. A breast lift surgery may involve the procedures of liposuction and abdominoplasty for an even better rejuvenation.
Breast lift surgery is undertaken by many women for different reasons. Some women do not like their breast shape or volume after pregnancy and have this surgery done.
A breast lift surgery offers various benefits. They are:
- A breast lift surgery improves the body image of a woman and also boosts her self-esteem. Women feel their breasts have been affected negatively after pregnancy and undergoing this surgery enables them to have satisfactory breasts again. A breast lift surgery does not cause the breasts to increase in size. They appear bigger because they are higher in position and firmer than before.
- Having a breast lift surgery can push you to make better and healthier choices about your lifestyle. For undergoing any form of surgery, it is recommended that you stay as healthy as possible. This includes proper diet and eating habits along with regular exercise.
- A breast lift surgery improves the quality of life in women. Body image is improved, and the woman feels good about her breasts and body as a whole. According to studies, 92% of women having a breast lift surgery had improved self-esteem and a better, healthier life than before. Women become less conscious about their breasts after the surgery, as the breasts become satisfactory.
- As a result of this surgery, some clothes may fit better, and a woman can experiment with trendier outfits, and may also not wear a bra at times.
- A breast lift surgery gives women a better proportion between their breasts and buttocks. The contrast is better and makes a woman more attractive. More cleavage is created, and the breasts get more projected.
A breast lift surgery is an efficient procedure to improve the breasts of women. Sagging breasts are corrected by a surgery which gives certain benefits to women.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 29 years old. I had go through my first IUI last month and unfortunately result was negative. When I ask doctor she told that its unexplained infertility. She told that my amh is 1.35 and I am unable to conceive naturally with good quality egg. My rest of reports are normal. I just want to know that what is my chances to conceive if I take second chance of IUI.
There is a big gap between my breast In which position should I sleep for healthy breast. Please advise.
Hii' I am trying for conceive today is my 15 day cycle. My follicle study says eggs ruptured. Can I travel on bike.
Sir i had sex with my boy friend before 8 days of my periods but I took unwanted 72 within 3 hours after sex but later I got my periods at the same date when it was scheduled to be is it normal or any sign of pregnancy please clear me this I am affraid.
My wife 53 aged her mensuration was stopped three years ago suddenly bleeding with nonstop though bleeding amount is not much.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you.
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin b and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.