Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Brindha IyerYour feedback matters!
My period generally comes in 29 days but this time 34 days past period has not come. I was taking thyroid 12 mg tab that I stopped this month as tsh was nominal 2.05 Pls suggest what is the issue as I am not pregnant too.
There is no reason to change or alter your sex life during pregnancy unless your doctor advises otherwise. Intercourse or orgasm during pregnancy will not harm your baby, unless you have a medical problem. Remember that your baby is well protected in your uterus by the amniotic fluid that surrounds him or her.
Your doctor may recommend not having intercourse early in pregnancy if you have a history of miscarriages. Intercourse also may be restricted if you have certain complications of pregnancy, such as pre-term labor or bleeding. You may need to ask your doctor to clarify if this means no penetration, no orgasms, or no sexual arousal, because different complications may require different restrictions.
I have irregular periods from starting, I checked it wid Dr. She asked me for thyroid as well some other lower abdomen test. After checking reports there is no need of medicines if I wil loose my weight everything will b fine. But after some time I consult it wid some another Dr. She prescribed me some medicines on the basis if my earlier reports tb estil, progestil and metlong-500mg which I continued for almost 5 mnths den I stopped dem coz of my increasing weight. After leaving those medicines in feb 2014. I m hardly getting meses i. E 4 times in a year wid a very less flow 1-2 spoon blood hardly. Last flow I had in january. Please help me.
Hello I am 26 years old lady. I am married since 2 years. I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle problem. I have taken many medicines but no positive results. The gap between two cycles is almost 2 and half to 3 months. No abdomen pain as such but no monthly periods as well. This problem is disturbing my day to day activities. And not able to concentrate on anything. Can you help me to come out from this?
Hi Dr's my sister is suffering from stomach pain she is also operation uterus discharge she suffer from lots of stomach pain she had 1 son only she got married 10 years so she is suffering from this problem since 4 years so please help
I am married now age was 18 I was quite surprise for baby past 3 months still I am getting my date what was the way to get quickly pregnant.
She had unsafe sex with her husband but periods not come what can she do she does not want baby at moment.
Hi Doctor, I'm 35 years old. Mujhe fever hua tha one week pehle. Fever 100 tha but usme meri puri bones me not tolerable pain thi but abhi mai kafi theek hu but ab sirf arms ki bones me dard hota h but jab raat ko soti hu to aisa lagta h mai subah udh nhi paungi kafi weakness lagti h please mujhe guide kre mai kya kru kafi pareshan hu.
I am a lady of 24 years. From last 5 years I am suffering from hypothyroid. Taking thyronorm 112.5, I have put on 4 kgs in last 4 months. I need to reduce my weight immediately as I am planning to conceive on or after october 2015. So started to eat brown bread with soup at dinner & brown rice at lunch. Just want to know that is the diet helpful for me or not.
Hi I just had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last week! I took ipill within 24 hours of the intercourse. But now I am having headache and lower abdominal ache. Please tell ,Are these the side effects of the ipill? And my regular periods occur on 10 every month. So Will my periods will occur soon this time? Thank You.
What does single line and double line represent in prega news test. Which line represents for pregnancy.
In the world of medicines, homeopathy has always been majorly on top of the preference list of many doctors. Although allopathic treatments are followed extensively to tackle illnesses, homeopathic treatments have also gained a significant position in the kingdom of medical therapy. Homeopathy caters to almost all illnesses featuring varied intensities. It basically follows the belief that any element that can create certain symptoms in the human body can cure the same in an ailing body. However, the levels of treatment differ from body to body.
When platelets begin to detour….
Human body at times suffers from various kinds of ailments, which hit them either predictably or unpredictably. In such cases, the first treating thought that would come to mind is the allopathic measure. However, not all allopathic treatments would ensure the same healing result as homeopathy would do. Thrombocytopenia is one such dreaded medical condition that drastically lowers the blood platelets than the normal required amount. It is believed that when blood platelets are present in the required numbers in the body, these control bleeding in case of any blood vessel damage. But Thrombocytopenia pulls the platelet counts in the body, thus hampering their efforts to combat bleeding conditions.
Homeopathic weapons to the rescue...
In such scary medical conditions, homeopathy comes along as a savior in increasing blood platelets to a sufficient amount. Homeopathy, however, is always regarded as a slow procedure. But as they say slow and steady efforts never go in vain. Similarly, homeopathic treatments assure long lasting and permanent results of cure by reviving wellness and fitness. In the case of Thrombocytopenia, homeopathy starts its treating procedures at the initial stage itself. With this early stage of treatment, the medical condition is nipped in the bud and does not aggravate further. The homeopathic medicines that are generally put into action are Crot.H, Lachesis, Merc.Sol, Chin.Sulph, Phosphorus and many more adding to the extensive list. These medications are subscribed over a period of time depending upon the condition of the patient. Simultaneously there are certain laboratory tests that are conducted from time to time to keep the progress of the patient in check.
Thus it can be said that homeopathic treatment never fails a person’s hope and faith in getting cured from ailments. Procedures may vary from the usual conventional way, but the effects are a guarantee of longevity and sustainability of cured health and a new living.
To achieve optimum health we tend to listen to advice from all and sundry. Unqualified advice may lead to confusion and illness. So what should people really have in their diet?
It would be wise to include the following in your meals:-
1. Nuts: Pistas, almonds or walnuts. Not more than 6 to 8 daily of each. Preferably early morning before breakfast. Avoid cashew nuts and groundnuts.
2. Fruits: Atleast 2 medium sized seasonal fruits like apple or orange daily. Preferably to be had between meals.
3. Vegetables: They should be cooked minimally. At least one green veg and one sprout. Also have salad.
4. Fish oil: Either 200 gm fish weekly or cos liver oil capsules twice daily.
5. Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp per person per day. Preferably as a dressing over salads. Don't use for cooking.
Some tips for having meals:
1. Keep 2 - 3 hours between your dinner and bedtime.
2. Restrict use of salt to less than 1 tsp per person per day.
3. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Never have large quantities of water at a time. Generally sedentary workers should not have more than 2.5 liters of water daily. Don't have water immediately after meals. Wait for at least 30 minutes after meals.
4.1 tsp of cow ghee is recommended for essential fats.
5. Don't have more than 300 kcal per meal.
6. Limit every meal size to what fits in a quarter plate.
7. It is advisable to fast once weekly having fruits, vegetable salad and milk.
8. Use minimal sugar in your meals. Stay away from carbonated sodas.
Exercise for all
Indians require more exercise than westerners.
Exercise daily for 1 hour. Break it up as follows:
40 minutes cardio
10 minutes weights
10 minutes office exercise (stretching and walking in the office)
While doing cardio maintain your pulse at about 80% of your maximum heat rate (approx 120 bpm)
Always warm up before exercise and do stretches after exercise.
Stay any exercise routine gradually.
Daily variations in speed and intensity of exercise are recommended and are most useful.
Drink water or light diet 30 min prior to exercise. Have a warm shower after exercise. Never cold water bath.
Stick to your routine despite all odds.
Get a massage once a month.
Don't exercise with sprained muscles. Give them adequate rest.
In case the fertility odds are against your favour, you can undergo a procedure called IVF or in vitro fertilisation. It is a form of fertility treatment in which the sperms and eggs are combined in a laboratory. IVF is a very common fertility treatment procedure, involving modern technology. It is carried out by many women and couples worldwide. When you are facing ovulation problems and issues with the quality of eggs, have blocked fallopian tubes or if your male partner has a low sperm count, a sperm donor’s eggs are used via IVF to become pregnant.
The overall process of IVF involves several methods and steps:
- Ovarian stimulation: You will have to take a fertility drug called gonadotrophin eight to fourteen days before the beginning of your menstrual cycle. This will help to stimulate your ovaries for the development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilisation. You will also be given synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide.
- Development of follicle: You should be visiting your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a check-up of your blood hormone levels. Your ovaries will also be measured using ultrasound. This will allow the doctor to monitor the follicle development.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection when the follicles are prepared. This injection leads to full maturation of the eggs, making them ready for fertilisation. The eggs require a period of 36 hours for retrieval after receiving the trigger shot.
- Gathering of the eggs: An anesthetic will be given to you and an ultrasound probe will be inserted via your vagina for observation of the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle will be inserted through the vaginal wall with which the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilisation: The eggs will be observed one final time before being combined with your partner’s sperm. Then they will be incubated overnight. Fertilisation occurs during this period and the abnormal eggs do not get fertilised. Three days after the egg retrieval, some of the successfully fertilised eggs transform into embryos composed of six to ten cells. Within five days, some of these embryos turn into blastocysts composed of fluid-filled cavities and tissue. This separates into the baby and the placenta. The most viable embryos are placed in your uterus. One to five embryos are placed in your uterus by the insertion of a catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants itself to the uterus walls. Gradually, it develops into the baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher when there are multiple embryos.
Before thinking of undergoing IVF, you must consult a doctor to know about the entire process. You also need to know whether you are fit to undergo IVF as there are several criteria you should satisfy for IVF.
Hi My wife is five months pregnant. We use to have sex mildly these days. I want to ask that sometimes I leave my sperms inside her. So is it safe in pregnancy to leave sperm inside.
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.