Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhawesh MetiyaYour feedback matters!
On 22nd July my son (4 years old) had 101 fevers at night. I consulted homeopathic doctor (with whom I have consulted earlier and found effective in my son’s treatment of cold & cough). While the temperature reduced, my son started coughing. Homeopathic doctor gave him medicines for cough that I continued administering my son for next 2 days. However, I noticed that the cough increased, even though I also kept doing some home made things (like ginger honey paste, tulsi extract) to help reduce the cough fast. Since the cough increased in next 2 days, I assumed the homeopathic medicine is not effective in curing cough though it cured the fever .I therefore, started giving S-mucolite 3 times 3.5 ml (this was prescribed by our allopathic doctor 5 months back when he had chest cold). As expected, I could see significant improvement in frequency and sound of his cough with each passing day. In next 4 days my son’s coughing reduced to bare minimum though he is still coughing with a heavy cough sound and still has minor cold. I wanted to know whether I should continue only with S –mucolite for 3 more days (full course is of 7 days as last prescribed by the doctor during same type of cough). Should I also add a decongestant like Alex junior as prescribed earlier for regular cough? Or with passage of time the cough will subside and there is no need to start any other medicine. Please provide your suggestions?
Sir my baby is 7 months old. She doesn't take food properly. If we give her some food like rice daal, then she feels like vomiting. She has given up mother's milk. She takes only fruit juices. Please guide us.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
He always eats what is on the floor. Anything which we give he puts in the mouth. Is this a common problem. Or else my child has some problem. What is the solution for it? Any tonic.
Hi my baby boy 9 month old he having acidity, too much, I am giving food suzi halwa, dalia, dahi, lassi, shakes, custard, allu, cerelac, daal, but I don't know how I give daily or weekly, even I need diet chart for 7 days, ND for acidity wat I do help me plss.
Asthma in children under the age of 5 is a matter of concern. It is not a rare disease and early diagnosis is important. Common signs of asthma in children are:
1. Recurring bronchitis
3. Discomfort in the chest
5. Trouble breathing
While some children have persistent yet mild symptoms, some children have severe attacks at times. Seasonal allergies and smoke make the symptoms worse.
What to notice?
While feeding an infant, if you notice that your child is facing shortness of breath, it might be a symptom of asthma. In a toddler, if your notice a decreased desire to run and play, or easy fatigue, then this could be a symptom of asthma. Asthma attacks for many children under the age of 5 are worsened when they catch cold or have any other respiratory infections. All these, if noticed should not be ignored and your child's pediatrician should be consulted.
The above mentioned symptoms were mild. Some children have it worse and the attacks can be life-threatening, needing immediate treatment. If your child is under the age of 5 and you see them doing one of the following, contact emergency services immediately:
1. Trouble in speaking because they have restricted breathing
2. When they are breathing in, the effort is so much that the abdomen is getting sucked in
3. Gasping for air.
Diagnosing asthma in a child can be tricky as symptoms like coughing, wheezing, etc can be for other conditions also. Once a child is a little older and if the symptoms persist, breathing and lung function tests are taken to gauge the situation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi doctor my daughter is 13 years old and has height 4 feet 10 inch. As I am only 5 feet and my husband is 5 feet 7 inches I am quite considerate about her height. She has been doing an hour of swimming from past two months but is hardly yielding. Is there any food /supplement that I should give her. She has not reached the puberty still, Would start of puberty helps in increase in height or works adversely.
My son is 5 weeks 4 days old. Born with a birth weight of 2.6 kg and current weight 3.3 kg. My son is continuously breastfeeding for 2 hrs at a stretch yet he remain hungry. After initial meconium for 2 days he passes stool at every 2-3 day interval. Now d stool is yellow mustard in colour and smelly. He has 6-10 wet diaper everyday. As my son always remained unsatisfied with my milk I introduced nanpro1 on day 9 once a day which was made twice a day from day 15. Now he takes 2 times upper feed sometimes 3.my son is active but when I take him off my breast after 2 hrs and keep on bed he gets up in 10 mins and starts sticking his tongue out and then starts crying n if I prepare number in 15 mins and gv .he happily gulps down 60- 90 ml. Do you think I have low supply issues or wrong latching issue. D dosage of nanpro1 is to b increased or not. When I pump I get 30 ml from both breast. Wat can b done to improve supply. Currently taking perinorm from last two weeks n lactare powder.
My 4 months old son is passing little stool all day long and passing diaper full of stool 3 to 4 times a day stool is sometimes foamy yellow sometimes mucus yellow and he is passing wind also, what shall I do? Please advise.
My daughter who is 2 months old Wakes up suddenly like she is scared of something. It happens during the day and night also. It is happening for the past 2 days. After dat she cries. Please let me know what may be the problem.
Is Oats are good for babies age upto 5 years. Oats are meant for reducing for weight or I have some wrong understanding.
I have baby boy of 2 years he ate chocklate too much now his teeths are black what can I do for clean his teeths I brush his teeths daily but unable to clean his teeths any suggestion please?
Sir my daughter has abdominal pain since last ten days in first she had vomiting also doctor have done a ultrasonography in that he told that she had swollen lymph nodes in abdomen he advised to take metronidazole susp. And kidspas drop she has low appetite and not improving please help.
Useful facts you should know:
1. After birth we can wait 24 hrs for first poop and 48 hrs for pee. If it is not immediately consult your doctor.
2. First 2 to 3 days baby can pass black stool which is called meconium so don't worry about black stool.
3. First two to three days after birth baby had concentrated urine rich of urate so we can get orange colured in diaper sometimes.
4. Sometimes baby can cry and irritated before passing urine or stool because of weak bladder and anal canal muscles which is strengthen with time.
5. If baby cry every time during and after passing urine we have to consult doctor for urinary infection.
6. Red colured urine or stool is always pathological immediately consult your doctor.
7. Neonate can pass stool ten to twelves times a day if baby is active and accepting feed well. Once in a week interval is also normal for breast feed baby.
8. Ash coloured stool is always pathological it is due neonatal cholestheasis.
9. Sometimes breast feed baby passes green cloured stool, it is mainly due to consumption of formilk only. It is advisable feed one breast at a time so baby can get formilk, midmilk and hind milk.
10. Sometimes newborn baby pass small amount of stool during micturition or crying it is normal if baby is active and accepting feed well.