Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhanushaliYour feedback matters!
Black heads over eye & near nose area. My skin is dark also. What I do for fair skin& for removing black heads.
5 hidden causes of acne, revealed!
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when the openings of oil glands become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Acne usually appears on the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to disappear, others seem to crop up. Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and can also scar the skin. But what causes the recurrence of breakouts?
These are attributed to certain hidden causes, which are:
1. Your drug prescriptions
Steroids found in prescription drugs are a key offender, whether taken internally or topically. If taken internally, the offending ingredient will be listed as prednisone, which is the tablet form of steroid. Prednisone is used to treat inflammatory diseases like poison ivy, allergies and arthritis. If medications are taken topically, it could aggravate acne or cause steroid acne. Oral contraceptives are also a common cause of acne.
2. Your beauty routine
Acne caused by topical lotions, creams and makeup are known as acne cosmetica, commonly appearing on face, neck, hairline and scalp. Applying a product regularly to an acne-prone area can do more harm than good. Some people go to bed with ointments or oils in their hair that can get on the pillowcase and then rub on your face. It's best to put a clean towel over your pillowcase every night to prevent buildup.
3. Your cell phone
Cell phones gather all kinds of dirt and bacteria and are a big cause of acne on the chin and around the mouth. Wiping down the screen of your smartphones every day with alcohol or cleaning wipes will keep your phone and your face clean.
4. Using toothpaste to treat a zit
Certain toothpaste can actually cause you to develop acne or an acne-like eruption on the lower parts of your face, including your chin. Fluoride and other whitening and anti-cavity ingredients are quite abrasive and could potentially burn your skin, cause irritation and initiate breakouts.
5. Your workout gear
It's not the act of exercising that is causing breakouts but other issues. If you are using a communal yoga mat, you may be on the side that someone else's feet or perspiration had touched before, with the physical contact causing breakouts. It's best to put a clean towel over it before working out, even if it is your personal mat.
Also, workout gear that constantly rubs in a certain area can cause frictional acne. Constant rubbing ends up making you sweat, causing skin irritation and eventually developing into tiny red bumps. Though it looks like a heat rash, it is actually acne.
Related Tip: Do You Know that Dandruff Causes ACNE?
Hello sir. Me and my wife just recently married .and we have some couple of romantic nights together. But now she is having blood clot in her nipples region. She is in real pain. please tell me a solution please. I'll be really glad.
I have a oily skin n due to which I get acne and pimples. But this time after threading of my facial hair I got tiny breakouts on my cheek. And it's not going. Can you say how to cure that.
Doctor, thanks for replying actually my object to know, is there medicine ayurvedic or homeopathic to destroy enlarge prostate without under going surgery since I am diabetic and age factor.
My mother is having treatment from a psychiatrist for last 2.5 months for depression. Now she is having burning sensation in mouth, chest hands back. Not sleeping at all. Lack of vision in eyes. She says she will not get well now.
I have severe skin problem. My face is full of dark red and black spots and pimples and blackheads and pus filled pimples. need help.?
I am 27 years old female. Since 3 years I have unwanted facial hair on chin. It's dark and Thick. I am worried about that problem. I recently check my hormonal level it's Ok in report. And I'm not suffering in PCOD. MY MENSTRUAL is regular. please suggest me medicine. I need your help. please reply soon.
My wife has problem while feeding my son lots of pain occur in her breast while feeding what should I do this problem has taken long time help. Me.
Her palms have skin problem scratches and cut marks, it looks scary white when wet. She has used some medicated gels tubes but nothing has changed as yet. please suggest. Its a routine trouble for her since almost 3years. Is there any hope that she could be treated for complete cure? People say she should not touch detergents etc.
Monsoon is no doubt a magical season, but with all the fun come several skin problems. The humid and sticky weather snatches the radiance of your otherwise flawless skin. The monsoon downpour act as a curse in your life. You lose the sheen of confidence and are left with ugly marks. Your skin develops a natural tendency of developing clogged pores during monsoons, which leads to pimples or acne later. On top of that, things may take the worst shape with the application of oily make-up products and stress. Your bad habit of picking the breakouts may also aggravate the situation.
But don't lose hope. There's nothing to get disheartened. Every problem has a solution to it. You may get back your flawless and healthy skin, if you follow certain simple tips. A little care and attention at home can bring back the lost beauty. Here are certain home-based remedies to get rid of the breakouts:
- Neem relief: Acne vanishes with the application of neem paste on the affected areas. Take few neem leaves and grind them to make a smooth paste. Mix multani mitti or fuller's earth, turmeric powder and milk with the paste. Apply this face pack for over 10 minutes on your face and later rinse it off with water. After the pack is washed away, you are left with a soft and clean skin.
- Steam therapy: Our skin has multiple pores. These pores get clogged due to excess oil secretion during the monsoons. Dust particles and oily secretions leads to the clogging of these pores. This in turn leads to skin breakouts. If you steam your face religiously, these pores open and help you to get rid of the pimples.
- Sugar-honey pack: Take three teaspoons of brown sugar with one spoon of honey. Make a gentle face pack with this mixture. Put the face pack on your face for over 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Potato help: Not known to many, potatoes can be of great help for the acne victims. Cut thin slices of potatoes. Rub these potato slices over your face.
- Check your diet: Too much consumption of foods rich in fat can act as triggers for acne. Include green and leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet for sufficient intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Wash your face and areas affected with acne: Exposure to dust and dirt leads to several skin diseases and acne is no exception. Thus it is important to wash you face and affected areas with water frequently. The moment you return home after staying long hours outdoors, don't hesitate to wash your face immediately. Washing of face is highly recommended even before going off to bed at night.
- Drink water: It is always advisable to drink plenty of water to keep your skin healthy.
Following the above mentioned steps to get a flawless and radiant looking skin.