Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhanushaliYour feedback matters!
I have a black thick mark on my finger, day by day its increasing but not itching, please give me some solution for it,
I decided to use the relumin product to lighten my skin. This that product is good for skin please suggest me.
Hello I found lump in my left breast around nipple area lump size is not so big not so small. 8-9 months back but there is no symptoms swelling rashes or any discharge nthg noticed only pain at the time of menses next year I'm gng to married but I'm in confusion regarding to this reason I show in website that all lumps will not cause cancer.in my case the breast lump leads to cause any cancer or any serious problems in future pizz say the what care I should take to prevent this my age is 23 years. Thnk you.
I am 26 years female, as per doctor advise I am using biluma cream n screene sunscreen from past 2 months bt I dnt see any change for clear n skin brightening I have oily n pore skin. Request you to suggest me safe n good skin lightening night cream for long term with no side effects.
I have a skin issue that my skin is very dry & sensitive. In dry atmosphere it get wrinkled. I'm 20 years old.
Namaskar Sir, Mera skin oily and black heads jyada hai. Dhup mein nikalne se kala chop ho jata hai. Pura dull ho gaya hai. Chikenpox or pimple ki wajah se skin mein gaddha ho gaya hai. Skin mein koi lighting nhi ho raha hai. Mera ek dost ne sujhaw diya ki Radyance Skin Brightening serrum use karne ke liye. Magar mera skin sensitive hai. Main kaya use karun? Uchit sujhab deke kripa kare. Dhanyobad.*Bikram*
How do I remove my blackheads at home? Along with the solution, please tell me how to avoid blackheads.
I am 20years old male. I have dark circle in my under eye, what should I do? Pls ask me some medicine or cream.
My mother underwent a Skin Grafting surgery due to a 40% burn on her lower body (thighs). Although it has been almost 2 years, but still the itching sensation persists. Is it natural? If yes, how long it would persist?
My father is about 55 year old. He is suffering from prostatic enlargement according to ultrasound. Please tell me a doctor from govt hospital because I belong to poor family and can not afford more money please I request you.
I have liver problem not pain but have general weakness .can't eat oily because it makes me breakout on face and lots of hyper pigmentation on cheeks .I do the liver tests in which my fat level is 342 above the normal so how to maintain it to become normal and healthy liver.
What is Razor Bump (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hairs)