Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish SharmaYour feedback matters!
Are there any disadvantages of ICL surgery for eyes in long run? and Is the surgery permanent or lens have to be replaced after few years?
I would like to help for my eyes problem so much water come through the eye I feel very bed what can I do for my health please help me.
Hi I am from mumbai. My mom is 59 years old she has motiyabin. I want her retina lens to replaced so want to know how long will it take.
I am suffering to make eye contact. Whenever I try to my eyes goes around the other body parts of that person which is very embarrassing. As much I restrict it happens more. Tell me any exercise to focus and make eye contact. It's more than 5 years now since I am fighting with this problem and consistently trying. Tell me any exercise or remedies. Please Help.
In summer I were suffering with cold and that too my nose is sneezing from one side only continuously water is coming from one side of the nose and the eye on that side too is paining why is this happening can you answer me a good advice to stop it.
Eyes me pimple ho gaya hai dusri baar hua hai bohat chubhan aur dard hota hai please koi medicine ya eye drop and treatment suggest karen Thanks.
Sir ye Jo eyes m ek bimari hot I h jiska naam ratina pigments h kya is bimari ka illaj smbhav h is patient ko aandeere m dundla dikhai details h or ek bat kya in patents ki umar. 40 year ho Jane per inki eyes ki rosni kam ho jati h please reply me.
Sir my weight is very less according to my height and my eye sight is also weak I also use specs and power is L= -1.75 and R= -1.25 how I'll increase my weight and make my eye perfect.
My left eye is lazy eye it can be cured or not? Is there Any exercise which is help for me. please provide me.
Glaucoma is a disease that damages your eye's optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of your eye. That extra fluid increases the pressure in your eye, damaging the optic nerve.Glaucoma is the second largest cause of eye blindness in the world.
There are several types of Glaucoma:
- Open-angle Glaucoma
- Normal-tension Glaucoma
- Angle-closure Glaucoma
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Secondary Glaucoma
- Glaucoma suspect
How will you know that you are suffering from Glaucoma?
Only half the people with glaucoma are aware that they are suffering from this condition. When Glaucoma develops, there are usually no early symptoms. This is why glaucoma can 'steal' sight gradually.
- In its early stages, open-angle Glaucoma has no obvious symptoms. As the disease progresses more blind spots develop in the peripheral (side) view.
- An attack of angle-closure Glaucoma includes the following:
- Severe pain in the eye or forehead
- Redness of the eye
- Decreased vision or blurred vision
- Vision rainbows or halos
If you get any of the symptoms rush to your doctor and take an eye exam as soon as possible.
- Eye injury
- Inflammation of the eye
- Dilating eye drops
- Blocked or restricted drainage in your eye
- Use of steroid-containing medications (pills, eye drops, sprays)
- Poor or reduced blood flow to your optic nerve
- High or elevated blood pressure
Who is at Risk for Glaucoma?
People with more risk of developing Glaucoma include people who:
- Are over age 40
- Have family members with glaucoma
- Have high eye pressure
- Are farsighted or nearsighted
- Have had an eye injury
- Have diabetes, migraines, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation or other health problems affecting the whole body.
I'm suffering from stomach pain at lower left side. Suffering from headache. It's paining even when I'm walking and doing exercise. There is no kidney problem. What is the reason? My stool is dull. When I'm eating non veg it is in dark colour and urine is in yellow colour. My BP is normal. I'm having sight. There is no pain in eyes.
She is wearing spectacle of power -7bifocal at age of 19 now regularly watering and when she feel emotions eyes goes watering. Does it sign of blindness? Suggest?
I've not been able to sleep for three nights and my eyes are swelling and I feel sleepy. But when I try to sleep I can't. What shall I do?
Most types of eye sight problems, such as short sight (minus power) or long sight (plus power) can be corrected by these procedures.
The benefits are clear:
• First of all, It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement, if at all needed, can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used. The discomfort experienced hardly lasts few seconds.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the next day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
The actual procedure:
Basically, Lasik or Laser Vision Correction can be done in different ways. The most commonly done procedure needs a thin flap to be taken from the cornea ( the curved glass like structure which makes the front of our eyes ). This flap making can be done by an automated, very thin, rotating blade (microkeratome) or by a very advanced Laser, called Femtosecond. The femtosecond laser option is the best, but also the most expensive, may not be suitable for all eyes. After creating the flap, the next most important part is the application of excimer laser, which is a must for all Laser Vision Correction procedures.
There are few side effects or complications, but most of them can be prevented by careful preoperative planning or can be overcome by treatment or eye drops after the procedure.
Especially those who work on laptop, tabs, pcs etc.